How's Aaron Maybin been doing?

Wayne Fontes

Jets coach Rex Ryan believes OLB Aaron Maybin is ready to take on a bigger role.

"I don’t think there’s any doubt," Ryan said Friday of the Jets' 2011 sacks leader. Maybin was limited to situational pass-rushing duties last season, but estimates he's been added to "eight or nine more defensive packages" in camp. He's also up to 245 pounds after reporting to camp at 228 last season and playing at 240. Maybin's "bust" label is fading further into the past. Aug 4 - 11:26 AM

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Since that "bigger role" would consist of being a part of ANY defensive statistic on the field, I'd say the bar isn't being set very high.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I like to kep up with how former Bills and Sabres are playing..always have, always will I guess.

Keeping up, and obsession are two different things. I like to see how former players are doing as well, but... I don't get so worked up about it either way...

Game Tackles Sacks Interceptions Fumb Misc KO Ret Punt Ret Week Date Opp Solo Ast Total Sack Yds Yd/Sk Int Yds IntTD Rec TD Frcd Pass D Sfty Yds TD Yds TD Sep 9 BUF 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 Sep 16 @PIT 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 Sep 23 @MIA 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Looks like he is a skinny & weak zero for the Jets too. Does that surprise anyone?? LOL!

Maybin's stats are very similar to Tim Tebow passing stats.

The Jets are just pi$$ing away money on these two non factors.

I love it.

Tebow does have 33 yards on 8 carries but is a huge bust for NY IMO.

I dont know how hes doing now (don't commit much time to following former players). But I wish we still had him. None of our linebackers have the speed to be effective in blitz packages like he does. Doesn't matter that putting him on the field telegraphs we're blitzing ... it's no secret Pittsburgh have been blitzing more than anyone for decades, and it hasn't stopped them from having one of the best defenses in the league year in and year out.

Wow, two whole snaps Sunday. Mayhem indeed.

I dont know how hes doing now (don't commit much time to following former players). But I wish we still had him. None of our linebackers have the speed to be effective in blitz packages like he does. Doesn't matter that putting him on the field telegraphs we're blitzing ... it's no secret Pittsburgh have been blitzing more than anyone for decades, and it hasn't stopped them from having one of the best defenses in the league year in and year out.

It's always entertaining to read your posts. The reason Pittsburgh is successful is that they disguise WHO will be doing the blitzing. With Mayhem on the field, there's no secret, since he has no football instincts whatsoever and can only speed rush the passer.

Anyone who thinks the Bills would be better with Maybin still on the roster is, umm, a tad delusional.

While I saw Maybin being brutalized by Glenn and Levitre when the Jets played the Bills, I've not seen Ryan's secret weapon since (though his stat line is a cool snake-eyes).

Anyone seen how this neo-bulked up game-changer's game has progressed against the Steelers or Dolphins?

It does not make me feel any better to know Maybins playing crappy ,Let's worry about the Buffalo Bills and who's on "our" team. Let It die!

It does not make me feel any better to know Maybins playing crappy ,Let's worry about the Buffalo Bills and who's on "our" team. Let It die!

I agree. I guess it makes people forget how pathetic the Bills were on Sunday to talk about Maybin's poor play. Maybin being a non factor in New York doesn't make the Bills situation any more palatable for me. I couldn't care less about Aaron Maybin.

Wow, here's an interesting quote from Rex on that page "

Rex Ryan not ready to replace Mark Sanchez with Tim Tebow yet: 'I just know in my heart right now that this is not the time'

So a full four games into the season and Rex "Mark Sanchez is our QB....period" is starting to think about Tebowmania. It must be those incredible passing performances!

How can that be ? I thought Maybin was a classic example of the Bills just failing to "coach up" players.

Yeah...like the bills coached up players in the second half of the New England game. I didn't see much difference between Mario Williams and Maybin...and Maybin costs a lot less.

Why the hate for Maybin? No one can fault Maybin for lack of effort. It also wasn't his fault he was a 1st round draft pick either. Blame the Bills not him and get a life while your at it.

Yeah you mean the steroid con-man that held out his ENTIRE rookie training camp for more money? Orakpo was in camp on time for less money working with his teammates and developing his skills. Your boy Maybin was recovering from blowing up his body to 30 lbs more than he actually can play at (when they drug test) so he would look good at the combine.

Make no mistake, he got picked that high because of his combine workout. I'd like to see him re-take that same combine workout now without the special sauce.

I don't blame the guy for trying to make as much money as he can, just don't ever say he's a team player or represented himself with integrity.

Yeah because chan knows so much more about defense than Rex Ryan. Lol

Because its such a well disguise secret James Harrison is blitzing for steeler. Double lol

Hope that made you feel better. I'll stand by my comments.

Edited by Beerball

Yeah you mean the steroid con-man that held out his ENTIRE rookie training camp for more money? Orakpo was in camp on time for less money working with his teammates and developing his skills. Your boy Maybin was recovering from blowing up his body to 30 lbs more than he actually can play at (when they drug test) so he would look good at the combine.

Make no mistake, he got picked that high because of his combine workout. I'd like to see him re-take that same combine workout now without the special sauce.

I don't blame the guy for trying to make as much money as he can, just don't ever say he's a team player or represented himself with integrity.

What has Maybin done that was so bad? He gets excited playing football? Dude, he was a bust but guess what. Teams love pass rushers. He was a 1st round pick on every mock draft. Jason Taylor played at a similar size. Maybin just isn't good enough. But the guy has dealt with things a lot of us haven't (death of a mother at a young age and loss of a child). Good for him for making it to the highest level of his professional. Bad for us, he wasn't good enough. And guess what will happen if the Jets cut him? Another team will give him a shot.

It's unbelievable isn't the way some people live in the past around here, and hold grudges against former players. Like its maybins "fault" he was drafted too high. What's he going to say: "what hold on bills. I don't belong here. Not enough body of work, somewhat undersized. I'm more like a 3rd or 4th round project. I respectfully decline your selection of me. "

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

It's unbelievable isn't the way some people live in the past around here, and hold grudges against former players. Like its maybins "fault" he was drafted too high. What's he going to say: "what hold on bills. I don't belong here. Not enough body of work, somewhat undersized. I'm more like a 3rd or 4th round project. I respectfully decline your selection of me. "

Great take! Horse beat to death !

What people are mad about is that he held out, then wrote a rap song about how good he was then proceeded to do nothing and fight guys like Eric Wood who have done nothing but kick ass since they been here

What people are mad about is that he held out, then wrote a rap song about how good he was then proceeded to do nothing and fight guys like Eric Wood who have done nothing but kick ass since they been here

Who cares it happens and it was 3 & 1/2 years ago. The regime that drafted him is no longer here. He's moved on and so should you and others. Or continue to wallow in your bitterness. Choice is yours.