Give me fuel, Give me fire, Give me that which I desire

Filled up a couple days ago at $3.50ish in Chesapeake, VA. I remember thinking that it won't be this low for long

It never occurred to me that I'm one of the lucky ones paying less than the rest of the country

You're lucky. I had to go into the back alley with the attendant just to pay for half a tank.

Thankfully he was gentle.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a good news report on why gas prices in Cali have shot up. Oil companies have cut back on making the summer blend to switch to producing the winter blend which they cant sell until Nov. 1st. So this has created an artificial shortage causing prices to soar. Rep. Darral Issa is calling for the Governor to let the the winter blend which we have plenty of be sold now which would bring the prices back down. I say scrap the summer blend all together. I say scrap all the Cali gas restrictions completely. Texas doesn't have these restrictions and problems and high prices. This is a problem created by California, not any President residing in the White House. So electing Romney will not cure high gas prices in Cali.

You're lucky. I had to go into the back alley with the attendant just to pay for half a tank.

Won't be long before we'll have to start taking out a mortgage or a home equity loan to fill up the tank. At least with QEternity rates are favorable to fuel up the car

I take it a fillup would have been free?

I saw a good news report on why gas prices in Cali have shot up. Oil companies have cut back on making the summer blend to switch to producing the winter blend which they cant sell until Nov. 1st. So this has created an artificial shortage causing prices to soar. Rep. Darral Issa is calling for the Governor to let the the winter blend which we have plenty of be sold now which would bring the prices back down. I say scrap the summer blend all together. I say scrap all the Cali gas restrictions completely. Texas doesn't have these restrictions and problems and high prices. This is a problem created by California, not any President residing in the White House. So electing Romney will not cure high gas prices in Cali.

Especially if you shoot him before the election.

Grow up troll.

You are the one that stated unequivically that you wished someone would shoot Romney before the election. Like in kill him. In what world do you live in that I would be the troll here?

:lol: :lol:

Best. 3rding. Joke. Ever.

I thought you'd appreciate that.

This is a problem created by California, not any President residing in the White House. So electing Romney will not cure high gas prices in Cali.

No doubt, you have separate excuses for all the other (56) states, where gas prices have risen.

We certainly cannot trace any responsibility back to President Barack (It's not my fault) Obama..............

What about the effect of printing money three times and devaluing the dollar, leading to his gas, food, and goods prices, because the economy continually needs to be jump-started since Barry's policies have been failing?

Up another dime today to $4.59/gal.

My car is supposed to have the best fuel efficiency of its class if you're not constantly hitting the pedal to the floor...

Oh well. Gas is 1.59 91 octane here for a liter.

My car is supposed to have the best fuel efficiency of its class if you're not constantly hitting the pedal to the floor...

Oh well. Gas is 1.59 91 octane here for a liter.

Liter? You take that fancy froo froo metric crap elsewhere boy

:P

“California requires a specific blend of gasoline that only the refineries on the West Coast make,” said Bill Day, a spokesman for Valero. “So when there is a shortage of that blend, you can’t just send supplies from somewhere else.”

So whats the beef? You keep re-electing a democrat state legislature over decades, and they decide to "lead by example" and submit to the green movement by over-regulating the "evil" gasoline/oil industry.

"You called down the thunder, well now you got it"

Heh....my second Tombstone reference of the month.

This is what Obama wants. His strategic energy decisions have all been geared towards this. When he first took office he even gave an interview how he wanted gas prices to rise just not too quickly.

And also to bankrupt the coal industry.