Tempo - restaurant help

PaattMaann

Just a great restaurant. Awesome for special occasions. Wife and I go each year for our Anniversary. Make sure they know it's her birthday and they will do something special (complimentary glass of Prosecco or dessert). Best steak in town is their bone-in delmonico. Veal chop is delicious and wife loves their seafood selections. Have a great time.

Just a great restaurant. Awesome for special occasions. Wife and I go each year for our Anniversary. Make sure they know it's her birthday and they will do something special (complimentary glass of Prosecco or dessert). Best steak in town is their bone-in delmonico. Veal chop is delicious and wife loves their seafood selections. Have a great time.

yeaaaaa they asked me when I made reservations if it was a special occassion and I stupidly said "no" (I hate when rest. do corny ass things, but obviously they werent going to, their a nice place so im an idiot) and id feel like even more of an idiot If I call back and say "sooooo, I said it wasent a special occassion when I made my res. and now im calling to say it is a special occasion" haha, sooooo dam, maybe ill just say it to the waiter?

yeaaaaa they asked me when I made reservations if it was a special occassion and I stupidly said "no" (I hate when rest. do corny ass things, but obviously they werent going to, their a nice place so im an idiot) and id feel like even more of an idiot If I call back and say "sooooo, I said it wasent a special occassion when I made my res. and now im calling to say it is a special occasion" haha, sooooo dam, maybe ill just say it to the waiter?

Ha. I've done that before too. I'd call back and pretend the first call never happened and just make it seem as if you are informing them of her b-day. It's really nice how they do it. Also, I would get there a few minutes before your reservations and have a cocktail at the bar. Really nice bar area and they make great drinks.

Dude, better to have someone who you're paying to think you're a schmuck for about 5 seconds before they don't really give a stevestojan anymore as long as they get paid... than to have wifey discover that you said it wasn't a special occasion.

Dude, better to have someone who you're paying to think you're a schmuck for about 5 seconds before they don't really give a stevestojan anymore as long as they get paid... than to have wifey discover that you said it wasn't a special occasion.

already told Wifey about my blunder - shes not the type to care - and she said "as long as I still get my free dessert" haha....ill just tell the waiter at the table its my beautiful wifes birthday and they will make it all good....

heard bottles of wine are way marked up there, kind of unfortunate but expected (just not a 35 dollar markup as one reviewer has pointed out)

already told Wifey about my blunder - shes not the type to care - and she said "as long as I still get my free dessert" haha....ill just tell the waiter at the table its my beautiful wifes birthday and they will make it all good....

heard bottles of wine are way marked up there, kind of unfortunate but expected (just not a 35 dollar markup as one reviewer has pointed out)

I'm pretty sure Tempo allows you to bring your own wine and then charges you a corkage fee. Corkage fees usually range from $15 -$30 depending on the restaurant. I would call and ask. I've done this at several restaurants, but never Tempo.

Ok so we went last night, heres the review for those who care:

- got there early and got drinks from the bar, dirty martini for the lady and an oban scotch neat for me...came to 18 bucks for the two drinks...not terrible but a bit overpriced because they can...reservation for 745 didnt get seated until 8:05

- great ambiance in the place, although loud, but thats what I was expecting

- got seared ahi tuna as an app, they split it onto two plates for us which was very nice, delicious app, loved it! They also brought out olives, feta and salami...nice touch

- I had the bone in rib eye, awesome! Just had the leftovers for lunch, still delicious...absolutely great steak (kind of salty, but I liked it). The wife had the proscutto wrapped filet, it was also very good! The gnocci it came with might have been one of my fave. parts of the dinner...service was great, however, I did end up calling back and telling them it was my wifes birthday, and when we sat down the hostess asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and we told her it was my wifes birthday, they did nothing special - not a big deal, but was def. expecting them to do something based on reviews ( from here and from rest. reviews on line at various sources)

Overall, we had a great night out, and for the two drinks at the bar, our meals and apps and two more drinks at the table, the total (with 20 percent tip) was 185...I think thats "reasonable" for the evening....nice job Tempo, def. recommend

Actually just went to my sister's wedding reception there Saturday. Small reception, they rented out the top room. Had the filet it was good, but funny you say your steak was salty because so is this. It was wrapped in that proscutto so that is where it was salty. I could of done without that. I think they charged my sister $100 per plate which included open bar from 7-11. You could get any kind of beer/wine/well drinks. If you wanted something else(seemed like the rasberry martinis were popular they charged my sister extra for those. Talked to her yesterday. She had 34 people there(it was just for close family/couple friends). Said when she got the bills(it was $3,400 for the dinners & open bar-$100 per person) said was $5,200. I think they were charging her $12 per martini & some of the people were drinking them like they were koolaid.

Actually just went to my sister's wedding reception there Saturday. Small reception, they rented out the top room. Had the filet it was good, but funny you say your steak was salty because so is this. It was wrapped in that proscutto so that is where it was salty. I could of done without that. I think they charged my sister $100 per plate which included open bar from 7-11. You could get any kind of beer/wine/well drinks. If you wanted something else(seemed like the rasberry martinis were popular they charged my sister extra for those. Talked to her yesterday. She had 34 people there(it was just for close family/couple friends). Said when she got the bills(it was $3,400 for the dinners & open bar-$100 per person) said was $5,200. I think they were charging her $12 per martini & some of the people were drinking them like they were koolaid.

Something doesn't add up there, unless the $100/head didn't include tax and tip. There's no way 34 people drink an extra $1800 of martinis if there was already an open bar.

Something doesn't add up there, unless the $100/head didn't include tax and tip. There's no way 34 people drink an extra $1800 of martinis if there was already an open bar.

That was with tip included. Some of these people were drinking the Martinis one after another. I know my mother(who I honestly have never seen drink before) had 4 of them herself. I also seen my brother in laws friends(there was 8 of them there) do 4-5 rounds of shots of some kind of whiskey. It adds up pretty quick at a place like that. I was drinking Sam Adam's Octoberfest(which was included in the open bar) but honestly I did not see too many other people drinking beer. Most of the people I saw were drinking Martinis.

yea thats 150 extra drinks if they were $12 each

& why is it so hard to believe that 34 people could not put down 150 Martinis? That is only a little more then 4 a piece. I don't know how they drink in New Orleans(I assume they drink heavy) but here in Buffalo that is considered a light night out.

That was with tip included. Some of these people were drinking the Martinis one after another. I know my mother(who I honestly have never seen drink before) had 4 of them herself. I also seen my brother in laws friends(there was 8 of them there) do 4-5 rounds of shots of some kind of whiskey. It adds up pretty quick at a place like that. I was drinking Sam Adam's Octoberfest(which was included in the open bar) but honestly I did not see too many other people drinking beer. Most of the people I saw were drinking Martinis.

& why is it so hard to believe that 34 people could not put down 150 Martinis? That is only a little more then 4 a piece. I don't know how they drink in New Orleans(I assume they drink heavy) but here in Buffalo that is considered a light night out.

we dont all chug $12 raspberry martinis and ignore the open bar ::shrug::

Indeed. That averages out to slightly less than five drinks per person over a four hour period. The bill could have been a lot worse. Hosted bars imply generosity. 34 of your closest friends and family appreciate hosted bars! Hosted bars turn drinkers into DRINKERS! Also, when it comes to the preparation of drinks (martinis) with hosted bars, there usually isn't a rigid pouring standard for drinks! It is typical and expected to get a little more than an exact $12 portion! People remember receptions with hosted bars for good reasons. Cash bars tend to perturb - especially at $12 a bang! Sometimes the resto or hotel sells what is known as a "package deal" with a set fee per person for a set period of time. So a heavy drinker and soda sipper are assessed the same amount. If you have a bunch of drinkys at your soiree it might make sense to have a "per head" deal. But if you have a bunch of soda-sippers (kids), never take the "per head" deal. Classy resto, good food, hosted bar! It sounds like you did okay!