Only one person to blame for the Bills Multi-decade mess

The Bills are not going to get better while Ralph is the owner, he didn't hire a good enough crew to manage the team. It's sorta of like going to the old "Your Host" restaurant, you walked in and knew that this isn't the Ritz, especially with those horrible drapes that had 30 years of food stains. This team is run by a 3rd class / underpaid outfit without the ability to form a cognitive plan, nor will they ever attract a real GM like Polian to run the team. Ralph needed to be the bigger man & sure showed Polian who is in charge, it got the Colts on a decade long playoff run with a championship. We got a bag of burning dog-s()it left on our door, see Ralph's in charge.

The most important thing is to get a long lease done and the next owner like Pegula . When the offensive line and rb's are healthy, it takes pressure off fitz. I agree , we need another Bill Polian to draft and wheel and deal.

The Bills are not going to get better while Ralph is the owner, he didn't hire a good enough crew to manage the team. It's sorta of like going to the old "Your Host" restaurant, you walked in and knew that this isn't the Ritz, especially with those horrible drapes that had 30 years of food stains. This team is run by a 3rd class / underpaid outfit without the ability to form a cognitive plan, nor will they ever attract a real GM like Polian to run the team. Ralph needed to be the bigger man & sure showed Polian who is in charge, it got the Colts on a decade long playoff run with a championship. We got a bag of burning dog-s()it left on our door, see Ralph's in charge.

Another Bills Zone refugee. I think we need to build a border fence.

PTR

There's no question that Ralph isn't the best of owners. I think the Bills have won something like 46% of their games all-time. Not impressive.

But that doesn't mean things are hopeless under Ralph. The Jack Kemp/Cookie Gilchrist teams won two AFL Championships (did Cookie play in both?) back before there was a Super Bowl.

We had some good years under Chuck Knox.

And, obviously, we won four consecutive AFC Championships.

Ralph's best accomplishment is that he's never moved the Bills out of Buffalo nor sold them to someone who would. And every now and then Ralph gets lucky with his GM, coaches and players.

Although there are growing reasons for concern, I'm still hoping that Nix/Gailey bring about a new Bills renaissance.

I loved Your Host. The one on Delaware was my first real memories of going out to breakfast with my dad. I miss that.

Your Host near Bills grill was a young drunks paradise back in the day. Most of us were broke and waiting for our letter from big Dick to serve. Fries with gravy after a full shift at the bar were like 50 cents.

There's no question that Ralph isn't the best of owners. I think the Bills have won something like 46% of their games all-time. Not impressive.

But that doesn't mean things are hopeless under Ralph. The Jack Kemp/Cookie Gilchrist teams won two AFL Championships (did Cookie play in both?) back before there was a Super Bowl.

We had some good years under Chuck Knox.

And, obviously, we won four consecutive AFC Championships.

Ralph's best accomplishment is that he's never moved the Bills out of Buffalo nor sold them to someone who would. And every now and then Ralph gets lucky with his GM, coaches and players.

Although there are growing reasons for concern, I'm still hoping that Nix/Gailey bring about a new Bills renaissance.

The Good News is Nix/Gailey are doing it right. Looks like 3 more starters from this years draft. The draft is the way for this franchise as top FAs are not coming without way overpaying (and we are one and done on that) and trading multiple draft choices for, say, one good player is probably a bad way to add talent. The Bad News is as soon as Nix/Gailey have fixed it, definately Ralph and likely the team will be gone.

Your Host near Bills grill was a young drunks paradise back in the day. Most of us were broke and waiting for our letter from big Dick to serve. Fries with gravy after a full shift at the bar were like 50 cents.

Bills grill on Kensington? Wow, that's a blast from the past....

Many was the time when that 'H' in the that scripted 'Your Host' sign read like an 'L' and I read 'Your Lost' and I thought, I'm home indeed.

$2.99 combo meal with drink at 3:00 AM by the airport Your Host, Vaughn was always our server & took those $1.00 tips in stride.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

It's settled. Your Host is full of great memories. We just need it to re-open and were back in the playoffs.

worth a shot! but fix the drapes.

Hey you old guys !

I get a kick when some of y'all reminisce. i mean that. makes it family and you guys well are like ..The really old guys :worthy::rolleyes:

Edited by 3rdand12

The most important thing is to get a long lease done and the next owner like Pegula . When the offensive line and rb's are healthy, it takes pressure off fitz. I agree , we need another Bill Polian to draft and wheel and deal.

While I like your post in general, I disagree with your statement that we need another Polian. Bill Polian got lucky in drafting Manning, who probably is the best QB to ever play the game. We all saw what happened last year when Peyton went down.

It's two games. Two games in which we had our asses handed to us by divisional rivals. However, we are still @ .500, and get the opportunity to redeem ourselves this Sunday in San Fran. I still Billieve.

GO BILLS!

I'll play along and disagree.

You want someone to blame. It's us, the emotionally addicted fans.

We still bought the tickets, jerseys, tv packages and show up for the games. No matter how bad the product we still place reltaively unhealthy importance on the team in our lives. I thought about that today as I was surrounded by all my Bills "stuff" I've got in my office.

We haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade. Yet, we're. all. still. here. In our normal lives we make an effort to distnce ourselves from lousy products, but not with football. We all seem hopelessly magnetized, spending money it takes all of us a long time to make on a fleeting, underperforming product.

The thing is...turning it off, not watching, not commenting, divorcing the team completely...just seems so painful, doesn't it?