If You Had A Chance To Say One Thing To Front Office

Your post is spot on, with the exception of the bit about Gabbert. I don't think they would have drafted him in a MILLION years. The whole Gabbert-craze had my head spinning. He was nothing more than the white dude trumped up by the hapless media to fill the Luck void. I said as much then, and it has clearly come to fruition since.

I think our guys were Ponder and Dalton, though I agree it would have been Cam, had he fallen to us.

Ponder and Dalton just had Nixley written all over them.

I believe you are correct about Ponder and Dalton and had the draft worked out just a bit differently, one of them would have been with the Bills right now. My personal preference was for Ponder but either one would have been fine.

Edited by yungmack

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sell the damn team Ralph...

Wilson won't sell the team while he's alive. It has nothing to do with loyalty to the team or area, instead it's beacause he'd have to pay a huge captital gains tax that Mrs Wilson #2 abd her step daughters will avoid.

Wilson won't sell the team while he's alive. It has nothing to do with loyalty to the team or area, instead it's beacause he'd have to pay a huge captital gains tax that Mrs Wilson #2 abd her step daughters will avoid.

Do you blame him? The basis step up on his death will be huge!

We weren't in a position to make the same deal Washington did. Moving up 8 spots costs a LOT more than moving up only 4. Perhaps if we finish with a top 5 or 6 pick this year, we'll be in that position and if Nix feels that QB is there, I can see him pulling the trigger perhaps. We are STILL more than a great rookie QB away from being a contender though.

While I understand your point about filling lost positions with FAs, that's based on the assumption that there will BE a FA available at those positions AND whether or not that FA wants to sign with you. Those are two large assumptions.

GO BILLS!!!

We could have traded more picks. Because we were picking a few spots after Washington isn't a valid excuse. We could have gotten it done if we really wanted to make it happen.

Do you blame him? The basis step up on his death will be huge!

of course the step-up is huge, thus the team sale won't be sold until he dies. It puts the team in limbo, though all signs point to no longterm lease and it being moved upon his death.

polian called ralph's daughter a name that rhymes with punt and starts with a "c". at the time she was a top scout in the organization.

It actually had to do with the other daughter who was his executive assistant at the time, not the one who was a scout. And no, she was not a top scout

Get a defensive coordinator that will blitz anybody anytime and make the opposing teams react to us!. Get a head coach who demands that his coached be accountable and in charge of them. Get a franchise QB in draft( hopeflluy)....Maybe get a real Middle Linebacker that can shut teams down on runs up the middle...

It's all so easy when you just write it down like that.

Especially the getting a franchise QB in the draft.

Just add water, mix, and enjoy!

GO BILLS!!!

It's all so easy when you just write it down like that.

Especially the getting a franchise QB in the draft.

Just add water, mix, and enjoy!

GO BILLS!!!

it is that easy......you just need to say it's the #1 priority and pay whatever it takes.....

instead of throwing $100 at Mario Williams.....throw that money at a Franchise QB....

here is a brief list of a few QB's who have hit the open market in free agency over the past 5 years:

Matt Schaub, Drew Brees, Brett Farve, Jay Cutler, Mike Vick, Kurt Warner and some guy named Peyton Manning....

we wern't in on any of them (unless you believe in conspiracies that Roger Goodell block vick from coming here).

not to mention all the possible QB's we could have drafted....

We could have traded more picks. Because we were picking a few spots after Washington isn't a valid excuse. We could have gotten it done if we really wanted to make it happen.

It may not be valid in your world, but it's a reality in the NFL. St. Louis would be giving up the 6th player on the board vs. the 10th. That's big, depending on who they had targeted and demands a much higher premium.

And again, it's understandable that Nix didn't want to mortgage so much of the very same future that we all think RG3 guarantees.

GO BILLS!!!

it is that easy......you just need to say it's the #1 priority and pay whatever it takes.....

instead of throwing $100 at Mario Williams.....throw that money at a Franchise QB....

here is a brief list of a few QB's who have hit the open market in free agency over the past 5 years:

Matt Schaub, Drew Brees, Brett Farve, Jay Cutler, Mike Vick, Kurt Warner and some guy named Peyton Manning....

we wern't in on any of them (unless you believe in conspiracies that Roger Goodell block vick from coming here).

not to mention all the possible QB's we could have drafted....

Sure, it's that easy.

Except it ISN'T.

Cutler is the ONLY name on that list you can make a valid case for.

The rest is just convenient 20/20 hindsight that believes everybody had Buffalo as a desired team to play for.

It's funny that on one side you argue that our FO is the most inept in history and then make a case that all those high profile QBs would love to play here. That was NEVER gonna happen no matter how much money we threw at them. Especially Manning, Brees, Warner, and Favre. Did you even pay attention when Manning became a free agent?

GO BILLS!!!

I would ask the front office why don't they sell loaded nacho's in the end-zone opposite the scoreboard! This is unacceptable. Then I would ask why we don't have better players & coaches....

We all must have our priorities and I like yours.