Spiller taking responsibility for fumble

I think it speaks wellof him to step up and speak out

I also think, with an injured shoulder, it didn't make a lot of sense to have him in that position. Why areTashard Choice and Corey Mac on the roster?

What does everyone else think?

Forget Choice and Mac, where was Fred Jackson??? He's a great goal line runner and should have been in the game at that time.

IMHO ... the coaches are responsible for putting the right players in the right place under the right circumstances to allow them to win.

While I think C.J. is a great running back ... asking him to run the ball up the middle against N.E. at the goal line with an injured shoulder was just dumb.

Choices were;

C.J. with a diminished ability to protect the ball

Freddie with a diminished ability to "drive the pile"

Choise with a history of putting the ball on the carpet

McIntyre

White

Second down and goal at the 4 yard line ... 1:19 to play in the first half

First off I don't really need to score on the next play, also I don't want to pass and possibly stop the clock on an incompletion.

What I'm calling is a fake to C.J. up the middle with Fitz rolling out trying to score on the edge.

If that doesn't work I'm calling for McIntyre up the gut.

If that doesn't work I'm kicking the FG and going in the half with a lead and momentum (because I just KNOW our vaunted Defense is going to stuff them on their first possesion ... yeah right).

Who else's fault would it be?

NO ****.

I'm willing to be that the same folks footing the blame on Gailey and Nix (NIX!? WTF!?) are the same ones over in PP slamming the American "Entitlement" Agenda and all the suckers living off the government teet.

Which is it? Are we accountable, or not. If a mult-million dollar athlete is given the ball and LITERALLY drops it, it's not his fault!?? WTF!??

NO ****.

I'm willing to be that the same folks footing the blame on Gailey and Nix (NIX!? WTF!?) are the same ones over in PP slamming the American "Entitlement" Agenda and all the suckers living off the government teet.

Which is it? Are we accountable, or not. If a mult-million dollar athlete is given the ball and LITERALLY drops it, it's not his fault!?? WTF!??

King of misplaced analogies strikes again.

Critics of entitlement society condemn it because it makes it easier for people to suck off the teet. Just like a coaching staff that calls a higher risk play and puts a player with a badly bruised shoulder in a position where probability of failure is heightened. Of course the fumble is on Spiller. But the point is that he probably should not have been in that play call in the first place.