Where is Mark Anderson?

bmur66

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my thought on mario, mark, kyle, marcel, kelsay, johnson and carrington.... they are all talented players that don't take plays off. so if its a big game either at the Jets or at home and they get destroyed it was because they were out-coached, in a flawed defensive design, and under-prepared. its about time our defensive coaching was up to nfl standards.

4 guys and a safety converted to LB can't stop 5 OL and the best blocking TE in the league.

We are bringing the proverbial knife to a gun fight with our "big nickel".

What did Belichick do to stop the K-gun? He left his LB's on the field to pound Andre and make tackles. It's been what twenty years and the Bills are still losing to the same guy in the same manner. Thoroughly outcoached only in reverse.

Wanny get your head out of your arss and send a safety or LB at the QB from outside Mario's shoulder. How about a delyaed blitz over the guard when he vacates to double Mario with the tackle? I like the DL stunts he has been running to get the C and G moving and maybe that frees Mario up the middle but KW and Dareus are better bull rushers. Don't tlet the QB step up with those two studs and bring overload blitzes. Works in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and San Fran.

I am glad everyone on this board is experienced defensive coordinators, but Dave Wannstedt has been one of the most well respected, and top defensive coaches in the NFL over the past 2 decades. It would be a little hard for me to believe that he no longer knows what he is doing. Personnel is the problem here. KW and Dareus are bonified stars. Our secondary has some up and comers. Other than that unless Mario pans out in a big way, we really dont have as much talent on this team as many of you want to think. Kelvin Sheppard, Arthur Moats, Kirk Morrison, and Nick Barnett are not a legitimate starting LB'ing corps. Not when the opposing team has Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis. Then you have your teams like the Patriots and Packers that can have mediocore defenses because their offense will get them 40 points a week over the course of a season. We are far from that! Mark Anderson has always been a situational pass rusher, and has only been a decent pass rusher once out of the past 5 years (and that was with the Patriots who can scheme anyone as a pass rusher). To expect him to be an every down star was a pipe dream for all of us.

Gilmore had a rough game against the Jets, but has been more good than bad ever since. Great thing about sports, you can judge by what you see.

But what you see one game can end up completely different in the next. But I see Gilmore having a very successful career although I think he will get burned a few more times this year.

But what you see one game can end up completely different in the next. But I see Gilmore having a very successful career although I think he will get burned a few more times this year.

Yes he will get burned many more times this year. BUT MY OH MY what a game he had this weekend. That was the one and only bright spot I saw in that game. He was a blanket. Unfortunately, even Darelle Revis gets burned. Your secondary is only as good as your pass rush, and right now that is not too good Edited by coseybedaman

Pretty much. I hope they learn from this game and start changing things up a little bit. Did you see Chicagos defense last night? Julius Peppers lined up in all 4 spots and switched back and forth and ran a million different packages. Once you become predictable in the NFL it does not matter what your talent level is. If you know whats coming, its easier then hell to defend....

NE ran their offense like they attended the Bills defensive practices the week before the game. Predictable is the word, they seemed to know everything the Bills would do, which was stick with the same basic set throughout the game with little variation. The gameplan was awful and the results even worse.

I'd rather have Madden NFL 2012 calling the defense than Wanny.

Wanny is clueless in today's league and is a liability that makes our D worthless. I would rather have my 18 year old nephew as DC, at least he knows how to blitz.

With Wanny as DC we will have at least 35 points scored against us for each of the next 2 games unless someone shows us mercy.

Did anybody notice that Wanny had Anderson dropping back to pass coverage a few plays? I've seen other teams use their DEs like that, but I don't think it's very effective, especially when you really need that extra pressure.

I am glad everyone on this board is experienced defensive coordinators, but Dave Wannstedt has been one of the most well respected, and top defensive coaches in the NFL over the past 2 decades. It would be a little hard for me to believe that he no longer knows what he is doing. Personnel is the problem here. KW and Dareus are bonified stars. Our secondary has some up and comers. Other than that unless Mario pans out in a big way, we really dont have as much talent on this team as many of you want to think. Kelvin Sheppard, Arthur Moats, Kirk Morrison, and Nick Barnett are not a legitimate starting LB'ing corps. Not when the opposing team has Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis. Then you have your teams like the Patriots and Packers that can have mediocore defenses because their offense will get them 40 points a week over the course of a season. We are far from that! Mark Anderson has always been a situational pass rusher, and has only been a decent pass rusher once out of the past 5 years (and that was with the Patriots who can scheme anyone as a pass rusher). To expect him to be an every down star was a pipe dream for all of us.

I might be wrong, but until this year he hasn't been a defensive coordinator in the NFL since 1999 in Miami?

Cliche as it may be...he is playing in the 4th game of his NFL career, at a positon that may be the hardest, or second hardest in all of football. Even the best DB's are going to get beat now and again. I am sure he will get burned a few times too...but that doesn't make him a bad player.

I'm not going to disagree with you and I have zero experience as an NFL defensive coordinator but I know what I see and no professional defense should surrender 86 points (plus 1 int for a TD and 1 punt return for another 14) in two division games. Whether its talent, execution, or scheme implemented by the DC I am weary of excuses and explanations. After 12 seasons of non-playoff futility and several GM/HC changes this is unacceptable.

This regime is in its 3rd year and IMO given that timeline we are way past the point of using the talent excuse. You've had 3 seasons to get things in order and get the necessary talent and strategy in place. Either you can do it or you can't since its been demonstrated time and again that competent management and coaching can turn a profession program around in that amount of time.