Donte Whitner on Jim Rome...On 49er Football

"49er football is physical, tough, old school football."

On Leadership Rome asked Whitner why he bought 90 copies of the book, "The Law of Attraction" and handed out to teammates, trainers, and coaching staff.

Didn't hear what Mario Williams brought to this team with his $50 million check.

The abuse Whitner gets on this board is silly. He is doing well, and is a leader on a team that plays with tons of heart. His comments about the 49ers are him comparing his experience with the Bills to his current situation, even if that isn't his intent. These are the only 2 teams he can really compare.

This team is the black hole of the NFL, and I don't believe that the talent level here is that much worse than the rest of the league. It's something else...

That's "lil donte" for the comedians on this board. Byrd, Williams and Gilmore will soon enough suffer the same fate. They'll get run out of town to a better team.

It still kills me to watch old Antoine Winfield playing.

The abuse Whitner gets on this board is silly. He is doing well, and is a leader on a team that plays with tons of heart. His comments about the 49ers are him comparing his experience with the Bills to his current situation, even if that isn't his intent. These are the only 2 teams he can really compare.

This team is the black hole of the NFL, and I don't believe that the talent level here is that much worse than the rest of the league. It's something else...

Yep.

He purchased everyone a digital copy of Steve Millers "take the money and run".

:lol: Ain't that the truth. It's especially embarrassing in light of the caliber of Tackles he's faced thus far this season. Yikes. Glad to see the national pundits are picking up on this. If the man had any ounce of pride he'd start actually working.

You think this is abuse? You should see what fans on this board have to say about Trent Edwards.

Never understood the hate for Donte. The guy played hard and wore his heart on his sleave. Whitner has had the last laugh- he got paid, plays in a great city, is appreciated by the fans, and was one game away from the superbowl last year. I also expect him to tattoo someone on the Bills sunday.

why are we the black hole? i mean, why?

My favorite Donte hit was the absolute leveling of Ochocinco that knocked him out till the following Sunday. Remember Donte couldn't guard 6'6 tight ends. Neither can Bryan Scott, or George Wilson. At least the opposing team feared Whitner.

I posted after the Jets game that LaRon Landry was a dirty player. Well at least people fear Landry. This fear factor is real. I could run off a list of wood layers but don't feel it necessary to do so. Like Paul Hamilton said, the Bills as a whole are a bunch of nice guys. My take is we need an edge, a Brian Dawkins / Rodney Harrison / Troy Polumalu type X Factor who plays on the border of legal and illegal.

why are we the black hole? i mean, why?

Not sure why, maybe RW Stadium was built with the same toxic concrete and gravel that Niagara Falls used to pave their street and sidewalks. Maybe the fans bad vibrations are effecting the entire organization. Maybe Zarathustra hates Buffalo, or the NFL doesn't want Buffalo to win so they can easily move the team. Maybe the coaching sucks. Maybe the owner is terrible.... on and on. But I don't believe that the Bills talent has been as bad as the records have been for the last 10 years.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Not sure why, maybe RW Stadium was built with the same toxic concrete and gravel that Niagara Falls used to pave their street and sidewalks. Maybe the fans bad vibrations are effecting the entire organization. Maybe Zarathustra hates Buffalo, or the NFL doesn't want Buffalo to win so they can easily move the team. Maybe the coaching sucks. Maybe the owner is terrible.... on and on. But I don't believe that the Bills talent has been as bad as the records have been for the last 10 years.

Could it be chicken wings? While yummy they will prematurely clog your arteries. No Wings Policy.

Could it be chicken wings? While yummy they will prematurely clog your arteries. No Wings Policy.

I don't think so, because one of the few guys to have big success as a Bill (Bruce Smith), ate plenty of them. Maybe it's the Chippewa Strip that is ruining the current teams. I think before it was redeveloped the Bills were doing okay.

:lol: Ain't that the truth. It's especially embarrassing in light of the caliber of Tackles he's faced thus far this season. Yikes.

Any talk about Mario being the new Bruce Smith was incredibly shortsighted and this really illustrates why--- think about the LTs Bruce faced throughout his career: Anthony Munoz, Richmond Webb, Bruce Armstrong, etc. A far cry from the likes of Austin Howard.

Next up. Whitner's revenge. Bills don't like to play physical teams... and thery're going to get a heapin helpin of it Sunday.

The Bills didn't like to play physical teams when Donte was here, either. I don't miss him but I can see him labeling one of our WRs.