I'm betting Mr. Wilson made a phone call this morning

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Ralph meant to dial Brandon, he called bandit by mistake, bandit played along, and Ralph went on a 15 minute tirade expressing his displeasure with the defense. :lol:

Good guess--but it presumes Ralph watched the game, or would bother to call.

Ralph should be calling Bill Polian and saying this "Bill...I need to hire you covertly as a consultant to begin looking for a new head coach, and a new GM for the 2013 season..We also need to prepare to draft a qb at the top of the board in April even if it means trading up. We have been a mess since you left and we NEED you back to get us on the right track. We have some real talent , but our QB is aweful and so is our coaching staff-Help!'

Then your guess would be completely wrong.

Ralph may not be getting around well, and he's certainly not articulating himself like a 30-year-old man, but he's just as sound and sharp of mind as ever.

You don't have to like him, but he's not some clueless old codger like many here pretend.

good. then i don't feel the least bit guilty in intensely disliking him and continuing to blame him for this joke of a franchise.

How do you know this? He isn't seen in public.

I know this because (a) I've listened to him speak in the past year, and he shows no signs of decreased awareness, and (b) although it's been some time since I had a seat in the press box on a weekly basis, very close friends of mine still do and have spoken with him. He's very much still with it mentally. His phyiscal well-being is a different story as I understand it...he is 93.

good. then i don't feel the least bit guilty in intensely disliking him and continuing to blame him for this joke of a franchise.

Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?

Unfortunately he is a clueless old codger, he probably made the call after asking for a diaper change. he's robbed this region of hundreds of millions of dollars when he's gone its going to be a big good riddance

Normally, I'd let something like this go, chalk this response up to you up to being an angry little child, and go about my day.

For some reason, today, I feel some unwarranted need to respond. So here it is:

He's not clueless, nor has he robbed you of anything, and to say so is nothing short of ignorrant. You're not even exaggerating to say he's robbed people, you're flat out wrong. He hasn't. He may not put out a product that you are satisfied with, and guess what, that's his prerogative. Tickets, merchandise, etc. for his football team do not come with a money-back guarantee, nor are you required to purchase their goods/services. You choose to be a fan, or not to. Either way, you do so KNOWING that you have no guarantees of satisfaction...none whatsoever.

Anyone who feels robbed by Ralph Wilson or the Bills should look in the mirror and realize that they have nobody to blame but themselves for feeling that way. You can walk away any time you like, and it doesn't make you less of a person. If you choose to stick around, and then feel robbed by the product that gets put out, then it was YOUR mistake to support the team in the first place. Move on if that's how you feel.

Moreover, to insinuate that his death is going to be a good thing is more than childish, it's embarrassingly absurd. Football is a game. You may love the Bills (and hey, I do too), but grow up and get real. You have loved ones too, and if anyone said that they'd be happy when your loved ones died, I'd hope you'd take that as fighting words and confront that person.

If you feel that slighted by him, then walk away...if you stick around, knowing that he still owns the team, and you still feel slighted, that's your fault.

Look in the mirror.

in this case, the fool, because we dont follow HIM, we are die hard fans of his product

because thats what sports do to you, if you are a true fan, you bleed when they bleed

This "true fan" stuff is over the top for me. I'm a true fan, and yes, I live for football Sundays.

I don't hate Ralph, as I know fully well that it's my decision to follow this team. If I didn't like him so much that I wished for his death, like some posters here, I simply wouldn't cheer for his team.

But then again, I tend to try to do things that make me happy.

Seems like alot of cruel folks on this topic. One game a season doesn't make. Ralph has brought a lot of joy to the Buffalo fans over the years and deserves some respect. Just thought I'd throw that in to all the adults out there.

You clearly don't get it...some people were upset by yesterday's game, therefore Ralph is evil and must die...

\sarcasm

"You don't have to like him, but he's not some clueless old codger like many here pretend."

He's clearly not clueless. He's like a carnival owner that hires a different barker every year that gets repeat customers to the same old bearded lady. Or as the song goes "meet the new boss, same as the old boss." You can't be clueless to do that.

Spending the cash to get Mario is just a perfect example of a band-aid fix getting crazy season ticket sales. And you all fell for it. Me too.

I've never met him, but I really don't like him as an owner. That's most of our relationship with him, and anyone that defends his record as that, I just can't relate to. I'm old enough to have seen his ineptitude in the 70's and 80's. He did just enough to get us hope, but never made a real commitment. The early 90's was just the perfect storm. Just how that old dude got in the HOF is just nutty to me.

"You don't have to like him, but he's not some clueless old codger like many here pretend."

He's clearly not clueless. He's like a carnival owner that hires a different barker every year that gets repeat customers to the same old bearded lady. Or as the song goes "meet the new boss, same as the old boss." You can't be clueless to do that.

Spending the cash to get Mario is just a perfect example of a band-aid fix getting crazy season ticket sales. And you all fell for it. Me too.

I've never met him, but I really don't like him as an owner. That's most of our relationship with him, and anyone that defends his record as that, I just can't relate to. I'm old enough to have seen his ineptitude in the 70's and 80's. He did just enough to get us hope, but never made a real commitment. The early 90's was just the perfect storm. Just how that old dude got in the HOF is just nutty to me.

As I said, I've never defended his decisions as an Owner relative to building a good football team (EDIT: with the exception of the recent rash of re-signing and FA moves...I definitely endorsed those moves as quality dollars spent). He's made bad decisions overall, although I do feel that putting Buddy Nix in charge of personnel was a good choice.

Your opinion at least makes sense to me...some of this other stuff is complete and utter nonsense.

Edited by thebandit27

"Anyone who feels robbed by Ralph Wilson or the Bills should look in the mirror and realize that they have nobody to blame but themselves for feeling that way. You can walk away any time you like, and it doesn't make you less of a person. If you choose to stick around, and then feel robbed by the product that gets put out, then it was YOUR mistake to support the team in the first place. Move on if that's how you feel."

I think the diaper thing was low and childish, but you might be missing something. It's called civic pride. I love Buffalo. I live near Rochester now, because of work, but I head to Erie county often. I have three kids and coach a couple of different sports. I see kids wearing pats and steelers gear all the time. They all think of Buffalo fans as a bunch of losers. I wear my gear, and at least the Sabres compete, and the owner and past owners lived in WNY.

But here it is......I can't get my kids to watch a Bills game. They have walked away.

"Your opinion at least makes sense to me...some of this other stuff is complete and utter nonsense."

I agree with you about this.

Edited by BMWR100RT

Seems like alot of cruel folks on this topic. One game a season doesn't make. Ralph has brought a lot of joy to the Buffalo fans over the years and deserves some respect. Just thought I'd throw that in to all the adults out there.

It's two out of 4 blowouts already this season. And take away all the elderly jokes, but a team is a reflection of their owner. I walked past Bob Kraft yesterday on the way out and he's visible at every game. RW doesn't travel, hires only people he knows, and the team's future is very cloudy.

RW holding on to the team is holding it back at this point. He should get credit for spending money, but has trusted the wrong people more often than not since 2001.

Then your guess would be completely wrong.

Ralph may not be getting around well, and he's certainly not articulating himself like a 30-year-old man, but he's just as sound and sharp of mind as ever.

You don't have to like him, but he's not some clueless old codger like many here pretend.

His football IQ is sharply questioned these past 12 yrs to be assured...As a matter of fact the way the football team has performed in the past 12 yrs supports that "clueless old codger" statement more than anything..If he was a Sharp minded owner this crap wouldnt be happening...Just my thoughts anyways..

I'm 21 years old and Ralph has brought me nothing but absolute misery. For the first time EVER, I shut off the TV yesterday and stopped watching half way through the 4th quarter. I wouldn't even do that during the Trent Edwards era. I refuse to buy tickets, merchandise, it's almost got to the point where I want to stop coming to TwoBillsDrive so that they can't make ad revenue off of my clicks. I'm disgusted with this organization from the bottom up. I feel like punching "little people" now just because one of our trainers is a "little person".

Let me also add that Ralph lives in Detroit.....DETROIT!!! Buffalo is such a terrible place that our owner lives in DETROIT!!!! And the worst thing is I'm from Albany, I could have been celebrating Super Bowls with my best friends taking quick 2.5 hr drives to watch a solid organization in Jersey. But no, I chose to be a Bills fan. A die hard fan of the MOST MISERABLE FRANCHISE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS!!!!!!

That Pizza Hut comment on the first page was solid, thanks for that.

"Anyone who feels robbed by Ralph Wilson or the Bills should look in the mirror and realize that they have nobody to blame but themselves for feeling that way. You can walk away any time you like, and it doesn't make you less of a person. If you choose to stick around, and then feel robbed by the product that gets put out, then it was YOUR mistake to support the team in the first place. Move on if that's how you feel."

I think the diaper thing was low and childish, but you might be missing something. It's called civic pride. I love Buffalo. I live near Rochester now, because of work, but I head to Erie county often. I have three kids and coach a couple of different sports. I see kids wearing pats and steelers gear all the time. They all think of Buffalo fans as a bunch of losers. I wear my gear, and at least the Sabres compete, and the owner and past owners lived in WNY.

But here it is......I can't get my kids to watch a Bills game. They have walked away.

"Your opinion at least makes sense to me...some of this other stuff is complete and utter nonsense."

I agree with you about this.

I'm not missing anything. I love my town; it's my home. And I don't need anyone's approval when it comes to where I choose to live and raise my family.

It sounds like you're hurt because your kids don't want to be Bills' fans...that's not anyone's fault. They don't want to cheer for the local football team...okay? And?

So your fellow Rochesterians think you're a loser fan? Big deal...you support the team you love. What's the problem?

I'm 21 years old and Ralph has brought me nothing but absolute misery. For the first time EVER, I shut off the TV yesterday and stopped watching half way through the 4th quarter. I wouldn't even do that during the Trent Edwards era. I refuse to buy tickets, merchandise, it's almost got to the point where I want to stop coming to TwoBillsDrive so that they can't make ad revenue off of my clicks. I'm disgusted with this organization from the bottom up. I feel like punching "little people" now just because one of our trainers is a "little person".

Let me also add that Ralph lives in Detroit.....DETROIT!!! Buffalo is such a terrible place that our owner lives in DETROIT!!!! And the worst thing is I'm from Albany, I could have been celebrating Super Bowls with my best friends taking quick 2.5 hr drives to watch a solid organization in Jersey. But no, I chose to be a Bills fan. A die hard fan of the MOST MISERABLE FRANCHISE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS!!!!!!

That Pizza Hut comment on the first page was solid, thanks for that.

Hah! Ralph has brought you nothing but misery huh? That's rich...

Don't watch if that's how you feel. See, it's a really, really easy fix. You either learn that nobody in this world owes you a darn thing (some people call this becoming an adult), and that it's up to you to create your own happiness in life, or you can rely on outside influences to determine your happiness. You've chosen to do the latter. Guess what...when you give control over your happiness (or misery) to someone or something else, then you live with whatever happens that's beyond your control.

I honestly can't believe that there are that many people that would rather make themselves miserable (and yes, you're doing it to yourself) over a football team and it's owner.

Listen, I love the team too, and witnessing the Bills winning a Superbowl would be a dream come true...I simply choose not to let my life be ruined when they lose--even to New England, by 24 points, at home.

By the looks of this thread, that puts me in the minority...I'm okay with that.

Someone on this team at some level needs to show some sack. if it's throwing someone under the bus so be it. Firing a DC, or cutting another player. This team cannot succeed with the status quo. Mega -Muff is starting too look jarounesque when getting his ass handed to him. It's bothersome. This coaching staff stinks of epic failures in YEAR 3!

How about Wood calling out Mario to earn his millions cause the fans just aren't feeling it with this guy. The talking heads aren't even that kind. You could tell Berman was having a hard time keeping his trap shut. Maybe still too much respect for Ralph. T. Jackson flat out laughed at the 2012 Bills new "look". At 2-2 the team is the laughing stock of the league yet again.

BTW who the hell is David Lee, and why is he still employed this AM?

Maybe Jimbo, Thurman & Talley need to go in the locker room and call them what they are today. Losers. 100 points given up in 2 divisional games? That may be a NFL record? Playoff talk with this team is a joke. I want to hear Mario come out and say "I've sucked" and deserve what ever people say.

David Lee has Fitz starting a full windup from his right hip on every throw. Worse mechanics then ever.