I'm betting Mr. Wilson made a phone call this morning

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your three points are exactly what you should do regarding my restaurant. Here's where your comparison falls apart when put to the current situation with the Bills.

1. So you're saying that no one has called, emailed, faxed or sent a letter to the editor addressed to Mr. Wilson in the past 10 plus years this team has sucked?

2. So you're suggesting that people in WNY drive to Pittsburg, Philadelphia or New York where REAL football is played?

3. So your suggesting that the people of WNY start there own league?

See how silly that sounds in the context of the Bills fans of WNY? Now I have not read all your posts here but have you not laid any of this crap at the feet of Mr. Wilson? Sure if the team sucks and people still throw money at them they are partly to blame but what about the people that are promised every damn year that this team will be better. We're going to the playoffs etc etc and go out and buy season's tickets based on that hype. Sure we're only four games in but what I've seen has been pretty crappy. The defense that was hyped this off season has sucked wind this year. The defense that was created for one reason and one reason only to stop Brady and the Pats had 52 points put up on it. An offense led by Fitspatrick?? Really??? That is why I have not bought into the off season hype for a long time. I truly feel sorry for the fans of WNY and I'm glad I've lived in CA for 30 years and really don't care that much any more.

I'm not one for repeating myself for the umpteenth time, but since you admittedly didn't read other posts of mine, I'll say it again:

Yes, Wilson is to blame for the state of the franchise. He is not to blame for other people buying his product when they believe it is sub-standard, and then being angry about it; that is their own fault.

And in response to your questions:

1. No, I'm not saying that at all. You asked what I'd do under your scenario, and I answered.

2. If they want to see a team that is better than the one here, yes, go ahead and drive to another town. People do it all the time.

3. No, I'm suggesting that you are completely free to find another team to root for...Sunday ticket is a really good deal.

And none of the above preclude me from being totally responsible for making the decision to follow the team, each and every year. My choice...and I do so because I love to watch football, and I love Buffalo. Now, if I continuously let the team ruin my countenance, week in and week out, year in and year out, yet I still spend money on tickets, merchandise, etc., that's my fault and nobody else's.

I'm not one for repeating myself for the umpteenth time, but since you admittedly didn't read other posts of mine, I'll say it again:

Yes, Wilson is to blame for the state of the franchise. He is not to blame for other people buying his product when they believe it is sub-standard, and then being angry about it; that is their own fault.

And in response to your questions:

1. No, I'm not saying that at all. You asked what I'd do under your scenario, and I answered.

2. If they want to see a team that is better than the one here, yes, go ahead and drive to another town. People do it all the time.

3. No, I'm suggesting that you are completely free to find another team to root for...Sunday ticket is a really good deal.

And none of the above preclude me from being totally responsible for making the decision to follow the team, each and every year. My choice...and I do so because I love to watch football, and I love Buffalo. Now, if I continuously let the team ruin my countenance, week in and week out, year in and year out, yet I still spend money on tickets, merchandise, etc., that's my fault and nobody else's.

Fair enough. I'm very glad I moved away from WNY 30 years ago and I kind of dig having my Sundays free but I really feel for the die hard fans of WNY.

Bandit you get the Best Effort Award for carrying the flag across the battlefield and making to the other side still standing.

I would have given up after two posts.

Hey you don't play strong safety or OLB by any chance do you? We need that kind of effort on the field man......

Bandit you get the Best Effort Award for carrying the flag across the battlefield and making to the other side still standing.

I would have given up after two posts.

Hey you don't play strong safety or OLB by any chance do you? We need that kind of effort on the field man......

Sadly my sports career came to a screeching halt at the tender age of 15, when I fractured 3 vertebrae in a checking-from-behind hockey incident. I did play 2 more years after that, and have no residual damage from it, but it kind of hindered my sports endeavors.

That said, I always wanted to play SS, something about having a 10-yard run-up before colliding with the ball carrier that was very appealing.

Although, I'm only 5'7" and about 160 lbs, so a dude like Gronk would eat my lunch (provided he didn't know it was me...I know the family so he might let me off the hook)