Mario Williams - Mr. Invisible - Explain it

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've defended him, but today was disheartening. For $100 mil you'd like to see a little fire and passion.

Same here. He got manhandled in one play by Gronk. WTF. Gailey should bench his lazy a$$ next game to send a message. He's not freeing anyone else up because he can be blocked one on one. Chandler Jones would have been a better pickup than him.

I can explain it . Mario is a lazy slob. Watch the game... No hustle, no emotion, no game. Pure and simple, he's a disgrace. He is a total downgrade from Kelsay. If Mario has any dignity or integrity, he'll refund his signing bonus and last 4 game checks back to Ralph.

I can explain it . Mario is a lazy slob. Watch the game... No hustle, no emotion, no game. Pure and simple, he's a disgrace. He is a total downgrade from Kelsay. If Mario has any dignity or integrity, he'll refund his signing bonus and last 4 game checks back to Ralph.

YUP

Come on guys, he is a sure target out there and takes pressure of other defenders. This entire D was owned today. The problem is Dave Wannstedt

Spot on! Wade Phillips knows how to coach. Wanny hasn't a clue how to adjust. You'd think he would have learned more standing in Edward's shadow last year!

Mario looked slow getting off the ball.

A few short weeks ago he was the toast of Buffalo. A couple months ago every one here insisted Mr. Wilson back up the brinks truck to Williams house and would have crucified both Mr. Wilson and Buddy Nix if they had not. The same fans now want Williams run out of town after 4 games.

Tough crowd.

So, is Mario going to be our JaMarcus Russell? Just seems like he's got is big payday and now he thinks he can just coast -- which apparently he can -- what's the incentive for him? And, worse, what's the incentive for his teammates when they see how the top money guy plays. He looks completely pedestrian out there. I tried to key on him a bit and he just doesn't seem to have any fight in him. Very dis-heartening to watch his play. He appears lazy and appears to quit before play stops.

I want Kelsey!!

For the first time, I am definitely willing to say that I wish this guy was not on the team. He is a total waste and can't even beat single teams. I watched him all day from the stands trying to figure him out and it was pathetic. I mean, he looks like he doesn't even belong in the NFL.....

But Darius is 3rd pick,Mario big money FA, Anderson leading sacker for pats last year, Kyle probowler and they were all owned today.

it seems like we have talent but can't coach or we have a coach or we don't have talent or it's just Buffalo and we will never win a championship

it seems like we have talent but can't coach or we have a coach or we don't have talent or it's just Buffalo and we will never win a championship

D plan was too conservative. I would have rather risked a few big plays with a 7 man blitz to get hits on Brady. Wanny plan appeared to be rush 4 and hope coverage holds. No matter down distance or effectiveness. Made o lines job easy.

To this untrained fan's eye, Mario Williams did not appear to blitz the quarterback much. He seemed to be on a contain, to hold the edge.

He certainly isn't bull-rushing like he did in Houston. I dont think MW is being told to go after the quarterback.

This game was like Back to the Future for me. Gailey infatuated with the pass, stale, predictable defense.

I would have thought that if you spent that amount of money on a player because he gets after quarterback, why not let him relentlessy do so?

Edited by dpberr

Take a look at the tackles he's gone against in the first 4 games and it's even more depressing.

Speaking of which: I don't remember the name of the Jets' OT that Mario went against in week 1. But when I saw a picture of the two playing against each other, I noticed that the Jets' "hands to the face" OT looked bigger and stronger than Mario. The Jets' OT looked like he had sculpted muscle, with very little body fat. Mario seemed like he had significantly less muscle overall, and like whatever muscle he had was hidden under a layer of baby fat. If someone who knew nothing of either player was shown that picture, he'd conclude that the Jets' OT looked like he could dominate any physical contest between the two. Pretty depressing . . . :(