Wannstedt needs to be fired

FireChan

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that the Bills fire Wannstedt, who do they replace him with? What good NFL-caliber DC is currently available?

I don't know, a guy who plays Madden and blitzes more than 10 times a game? That would be an improvement over Wannstedt.

Assuming that the Bills fire Wannstedt, who do they replace him with? What good NFL-caliber DC is currently available?

Good point, but a move needs to be made. What's edwards up to these days? This loss could be the start of an avalanche. The niners game may be brutal if today wasn't bad enough.

Wannabe has no idea of his own divisional opponents and 0-2 is good evidence. I don't know if we can even beat the fish at this point.

They had a hell of a DC when Chan got here - Biggest mistake was letting Fewell walk.

In hindsight, they should have tried to retain Fewell but he's not available now. Who is? Are there any NFL defensive master minds slumming in a college coaching job now?

Bob Sanders and if Nix had even a single testicle it would be done tonight.

Hmm... "He was dismissed on Jan. 5 along with most of the Packers defensive staff, who took the blame for a unit that consistently blew fourth-quarter leads." (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3867053)

The Bills aren't going to find another DC at this point in the season. What needs to happen is Nix has to confront Wannstedt and Gailey and tell them that the expectation of the franchise is that they install an attacking, aggressive defense that will challenge opposing offenses at the line of scrimmage.

Will Nix do it? Or will he take a nap on the season?

It's just mind boggling to me that the pats were dominating our d-line by the half and we made no second half adjustments at all. I mean we don't bring any linebackers in to blitz nor do they bring any safeties down in the box its just ridiculous. No pressure all game and they do nothing about it? I'm not buying into this "just creating pressure with the front four" bull crap anymore IT DOESN'T WORK on our team.

It's just mind boggling to me that the pats were dominating our d-line by the half and we made no second half adjustments at all. I mean we don't bring any linebackers in to blitz nor do they bring any safeties down in the box its just ridiculous. No pressure all game and they do nothing about it? I'm not buying into this "just creating pressure with the front four" bull crap anymore IT DOESN'T WORK on our team.

And thats what bothers me as well.. The Bills got extremely lucky with the 2 missed field goals and the 2 turnovers. The defense was still getting gashed. Why wouldn't you see that?

What LB's? They all suck. We need to take the best LB left in the 2nd round, QB in 1st.

In hindsight, they should have tried to retain Fewell but he's not available now. Who is? Are there any NFL defensive master minds slumming in a college coaching job now?

Hmm... "He was dismissed on Jan. 5 along with most of the Packers defensive staff, who took the blame for a unit that consistently blew fourth-quarter leads." (http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3867053)

Yeah, and the Packers D is so good this year.

I said it before the season started, Wanny and the LB's were going to be the biggest liability for this team. Wanny is just old and broken down. Other teams routinely send safeties or DB's and bring odd man rushes from all over the place all while playing a base 4-3. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Wait I thought this game was the Offenses fault and more specifically Fitzs fault for giving the Bills a 14 point lead? So your telling me other NFL defenses can actually hold on to a 2 score lead and win the game? This is crazy talk.

Why does everything have to be either/or around here? Any time you lose this badly, there's plenty of blame to go around! :angry:

The defense stank--no one is arguing with that. But Fitz threw four interceptions today, so don't act like he didn't contribute to the loss.