why in the blue hell does the left defend islamic nuts?

no... democrat or repub, the foreign policy has been horrible towards the middle east for almost a century. but thats separable. ( much of our foreign policy is wrong), but this doesnt mean we should defend or capitulate towards islamic nuts in the press and in school...

i cant tell you how many times the left at school never makes this important distinction. a key example was the iranian revolution in 79. much of the left came together with the islamic theocrats, and now they have paid dearly for it ever since...

so like i said, the left in our country and in the west, defends censorship, creates blasphemy laws in eurpoe, and even says ridiculous things like we cant impose our culture on them, ( but say the opposite with the christian right on the gay/women issues...) it just seems strange.

being critical of the war in iraq/afghanistan is one thing, saying there is nothing wrong with islamic theocrats is another... you see it every weekend when the left tries to stick up or not criticize the muslim brotherhood in egypt. yes, mubarak was a horrible dictator, and the US supported him. ( this doesnt mean we defend the muslim brotherhood, lol)

i mean, regardless of if the video caused anything, why should we be apologetic for it? a movie? really?

im just kidding here, but the white house should have just said, " life is offensive, get over it and grow up"

plus, isnt there some kind of line about what is offensive... i mean, is it a little nuts to get upset over a !@#$ing cartoon or shirt?

You know...I come back from a wicked...and I do mean Biblical(took me 5 times to spell that right)...wicked night.

......and then you see this. Now...I'm hammered....so expect the worst.

I will leave it to this board. Because...this is the kind of talk that I heard in college, on the way home from the bar, after the drug fraternity demanded my presence for multiple bong hits. This is what I heard...when the hippies got "real". (Christ if you clowns only knew how many times I have hit backspace in this post)

Yes, MDP, sooner or later...we all arrive at the same conclusion. It's a matter of intelligence...and a matter of experience. Your discussion, is expected, from seniors in college....not from whatevertheF you are.

The difference(and really? lets get this out of the way for MDP right F'ing now)...between you and a real liberal...is that apparently you have the sack to go out and ask questions, and demand answers. It bothers you when the answers aren't congruent with the questions....doesn't it...MDP? Welcome to...why you will end up being called names..by weak minds...for the rest of your life.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask again.

What was our foreign policy towards the Middle East in 1930?

This time, try to respond with examples that are actually ours, and not British.

relax, they are one in the same... im talking about the major forces of the west post ww1. yes they are part of our foreign policy...

but the cia installing saddam, helping with the shah in 53, propping up the saudi dictators, israeli genocide, installing dictators in egypt, yemen, kuwait...

the list is long... we have probably murdered 10 million, maybe more the past 50 years, in order to steal the oil in that region...

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

Shaddup and pay attention, will ya? The kid just got out of a six hour marathon lecture series on Post Modernism in the Moribund Western Mind, it's Relationship to Testicle's Deviant to Fudd's Law and The Desirablity of Mandating the Use of Yurts for Housing the 1%.

Show some respect!

To answer the OP, I'd say it generally runs parallel to how the left does not want to harsh on the mellow of people who use drugs, steal, rob, rape, murder.... Country club prisons, rehabilitation, parole for sex offenders, do away with the death penalty, take away peoples' guns so they can't fight back, blah blah blah. Excusing monsters because they didn't know what they were doing, were depressed, insane, temporarily insane, ate a Twinkie, etc. and if they just capitulate, they won't be so angry, will start getting along with everyone, and they can go out on the street and be productive members of society and unicorns will start farting rainbows. It's a long string of softening on crime, domestically. Not a far stretch to apply the same manner of thought to foreign matters.

Now read the part where the CIA supported al-Bakr, who was ousted in a counter-coup by Hussein.

Or just explain to us what the US policy was towards the Middle East in 1930. Still haven't answered that question...

to install another dictator more friendly to US interest, ie oil...lol

ask yourself this tom, outside of all the great books you read, why were we so interested in iraq for half a century? did we just really love iraqi people?

or maybe, just maybe, was it two superpowers fighting over resources...

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER