Congrats Andre, Steve, and Kent (r.i.p.)

eball

Best wishes -again, guys!

For me, personally, my biggest hope is for the least likeliest Bill, Cornelius Bennett. I was as absolutely sure of his eventual induction during his years here as all the others who've already made it. His unmatched speed chased down runners sweeping away from him behind the LOS. When called upon through injury, he selflessly played MLB and performed at All-Pro level there as well. Obviously, he was a constant terror in pass rush who also had a great knack for causing and recovering T/O's. Unfortunately, IMO, he fell off the national radar after he went to the Falcons- even though he helped them to their only SB. Then complete obscurity finishing his career with the lowly Colts, from whom his blockbuster beginning arose.

Given the plethora of worthy WR's these days, I think Andre's best chances are behind him and I don't see the HOF changing its thinking about Special Teamers..

Nonetheless, here's to eternal hope!

Steve Sabol...hands down. NFL Films brought football to the masses.

I don't think Modell belongs in the HOF, his legacy is forever tarnished by the Cleveland debacle.

i agree with you about sabol, hands down, slam sunk.. but modell, i agree with you to the extent of what he did to the cleveland fans, but i think we all feel that pain due to the uncertainity of the future of the bills. for every cleveland naysayer, there are probably an equal amount of pro-modell supporters due to the fact he "righted a wrong" about the colts leaving.. Edited by dwight in philly

Steve Sabol...hands down. NFL Films brought football to the masses.

I don't think Modell belongs in the HOF, his legacy is forever tarnished by the Cleveland debacle.

To the league it was not a debacle, and you clearly don't know Modell's history if you don't believe he's HOF worthy. Art was a visionary, paving the way for MNF and the insane network contracts.

In a sense, he and Sabol are very similar in that both enhanced the NFL from a media and marketing perspective.

If Modell is ever voted in the HOF, the induction ceremony itself would be a debacle. Think the league wants to hear booing drown out the entire speech? Modell is not HOF worthy cause of what he did to Cleveland. End of story. Whatever else he did for the league will never be fully appreciated because it is viewed through the Cleveland lens.

To the league it was not a debacle, and you clearly don't know Modell's history if you don't believe he's HOF worthy. Art was a visionary, paving the way for MNF and the insane network contracts.

In a sense, he and Sabol are very similar in that both enhanced the NFL from a media and marketing perspective.

Art had financial troubles in Cleveland, blamed the city itself for this and cried for a stadium, Then nixed a stadium deal. Then he was jealous the Indians and Cavs were getting new stadiums, pouted, and packed his team up and went to Baltimore. While in Baltimore, he again had financial issues and sold partial ownership to Steve Bisciotti. Do you need more?

Don't tell me about "media and marketing" when this guy from a NFL accounting standpoint, was a walking disaster.

Sabol was a visionary, Modell was a frugal ad executive who failed as a businessman and NFL owner multiple times.

Reed should already be in. Unfortunatly with the strong class this year, I think he gets passed over again.

Tasker, universally recognized as the very best at what he did (possibly the best ever), should make it in his first attempt.

Hull will fall prey to the tragedy that has plagued the big uglies on both sides of the ball forever. Dermonti Dawson was the best of his era, and the Hall rarely recognizes more than one per position if there is any drop off.

Smerlas, who should be a shoe-in, get passed over again, as he has zero support from the organization who should be championing his candiacy.

Bennett and Talley both get left off because the team the played on already has many reprsentitives at glamour positions.

You have to think someday Tasker will get in. He defined what a special teams player can achieve. Plus he was the first to do it at that level. Maybe the league voters can cut a deal with him. Retire as a commentator and you're in.

I laughed...

I hope Reed gets in this time. He so deserves it. This is a painful wait.