Where the Bills stand

djp14150

The way I asses the Bills is based on their schedule...not necessarily their record.

Lets assume this...the race is between Buffalo, New England, and the Jets. the goal to have double digit wins and be in at least 2nd place.

They all went through the AFC North games with the Bills winning theirs and the Jets and Pats losing theirs. A game up for Buffalo.

Bills also beat KC while San Diego and Dever still gave to travel to NYC/NE respectivly.

The Bills lose to the Jets isnt that significant if they can split with the Jets.

BUT----by going 2-0 in noncommon games and the Pats/Jets assured of 1 loss the Bills will lose the third tiebreaker in sorting division standings.

The order:

1. Head to head

2. Division record

3. Common games---or the flip record of noncommon games if they are tied and Bills were 2-0 while they were say 1-1 then the Bills will have a worse common game record.

The Bills also have an advantage on NE given their loss to AZ.

After Buffalo New England has to play Denver, at Seattle, Jets. If Buffalo wins next week the Pats could be staring at a 2-5 record after 7 games.

I would feel very good about the Bills chances and the everything changes for the good if the Bills beat New England this week.

I would love for it to be on another questionable field goal attempt. I think BB might implode.

We just gotta win 10 games someway somehow. Doesn't really much matter which ones they are. 10-6 will get you in playoffs almost every year. Last year the bungles got it at 9-7. 9-7 gets you in a lot too.

11 wins is safer....10 wins is a good shot provided you are in second place in your division because of tie breakers. If another team finishes at 10-6 for a WC spot (Steelers or Ravens,Chargers, or Broncos) if they end up in third the jets/pats tiebreakers determine their fate.

dont count on 9-7 meaning playoffs.

Well personally I'm not convinced of anything yet. We lost to the Jets, who in my opinion we should have beat. We beat two teams that are not very good, despite KC's cinvincing comeback win over the Hapless Saints, we really haven't beaten anyone good. Beating NE next week really is a must if we have any hope of going out west and contending!!

Tim-