RB shortage = (more) touches for Corey McIntyre

JÂy RÛßeÒ

The few times I went to training camp this summer it looked like they were working plays where he gets the ball - mostly screen type stuff. I thought we'd be seeing more of it during the season but he finally got his first target yesterday.

With Spiller out and Fred at best restricted, I wonder if there will be more touches for McIntyre. My son will be thrilled - his McIntyre jersey came in the mail on Friday. He actually called me in the stadium after the catch.

I've often wondered why we don't use him more in short-yardage situations. I still want to see the Bills be able to run the ball and gain yards when everybody knows they're going to run the ball - like getting first downs when protecting a late lead like yesterday for example.

I've been one of those calling for him to touch the ball 2-3 per game instead of once every 2-3 games.

It doesn't seem like a big deal but many teams use the fullback as an occasional changeup to keep the defense honest and CMac is a load to bring down.

He catches and runs well… witness the poor safety who tried tackling him on his one touch yesterday. CMac bounced up after the tackle like Jerome Bettis used to while the DB had to let the hurt slowly ooze out of his body.

I realize CMac plays on all special teams units and has to be kept fresh for those duties but I still would like to see him get a few more touches. And BTW, the way he plays on coverage teams, is there any doubt the guy would make a great linebacker?

If Jackson and Spiller are out I suspect McIntyre will see more running action along with Choice. The o-line is doing great on run blocking and we might get a basic grind the hell out of them and keep moving the chains kind of running game until Jackson and/or Spiller are back, which will be pretty physically punishing for one back. I liked what I saw of McIntyre's play yesterday and can see him and Choice doing some damage.

The Pats are ranked 21st in passing defense and 7th in rushing defense.

I think the Bills are going to have to employ an "all of the above" game plan this week. I don't see any way the Bills win against the Pats using a ground and pound attack without either Spiller or Jackson. If Fitzpatrick's not "on" then I think it will be tough to win this week. I would suggest a 50/50 run pass ratio.

One suggestion I have is to throw a flea flicker early in the first half with TJ as the intended target. They rarely run this "homerun" type play. The Bills have been so run heavy, it's the perfect time to cash in on it with at least one flea flicker attempt to the speed burner.

Did anyone see his Dracula fangs mouthguard? I think he and Dickerson could create some real matchup problems for NE this week if we're smart enough to use them.

Was Dickerson active yesterday?

RBs are a dime a dozen anymore! Ask the Giants! Its our OL thats going to make any RB do well...

The Giants had one of the worst running games in the NFL last year. And as good as Choice was, it's a huge dropoff between averaging 10 ypc and 4. Yes, the oline helps but there are very few talents like Spiller. And FJax isn't as explosive but he is still a very good back. No matter how good your oline is, you still need talent.

I dont see them giving Corey more carries (I wish at least 2 a game) because with CJ and Jackson hurt they need to rely on Choice and White with Corey BLOCKING, they will only bring him out on screens I think. C Mac is a fan favorite, it would be nice to see him get more touches anywhere on the field.

i would like to see him get a couple touches per game just as a courtesy for all the work he puts in, and as entertainment value for the fans. watching the big guy run with the ball and initiate contact is a wonderful thing. i'd love to see him get some goal line carries with lee smith in as fullback.

I've been one of those calling for him to touch the ball 2-3 per game instead of once every 2-3 games.

It doesn't seem like a big deal but many teams use the fullback as an occasional changeup to keep the defense honest and CMac is a load to bring down.

He catches and runs well… witness the poor safety who tried tackling him on his one touch yesterday. CMac bounced up after the tackle like Jerome Bettis used to while the DB had to let the hurt slowly ooze out of his body.

I think it might be wise to give him a few touches just for this reason. He knocked that dude silly...The Bills need to be the one dropping the hammer, not receiving it!

I think it might be wise to give him a few touches just for this reason. He knocked that dude silly...The Bills need to be the one dropping the hammer, not receiving it!

Agreed. Some of us remember the toughness and violence that Carwell Gardner and Butch Rolle brought to the Super Bowl teams… both from scrimmage and on special teams.

That sort of presence is underrated IMO.

OH YEAH baby! Sonned! That poor guy, down on his hands and knees, watching the birdies tweet and wheel about his brain and saying "DAMN! What the h*** was that?"

Corey keeps this up we need a new meaning for the word "Swamped!"

PS it was his 2nd target, the 1st was an incompletion - I don't know what the story was on it, anyone?

i would like to see him get a couple touches per game just as a courtesy for all the work he puts in, and as entertainment value for the fans. watching the big guy run with the ball and initiate contact is a wonderful thing. i'd love to see him get some goal line carries with lee smith in as fullback.

Ha! I wonder what that poor DB thinks about describing it as a "courtesy".