Belichick touching the official after the game

Dragonborn10

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that there is anything wrong with these refs. Just think it some weird kind of psychosomatic thing. And now it's piling on. Reminds me of something that someone said about Gerald Ford's administration post-Watergate.

There are more issues not because there are more issues, but because folks are expecting there to be more issues.

He should be scolded, but it wasn't that bad.

I hope this doesn't make next sundays game more difficult.

AND we need our healthy RB's back - Spiller to miss Week 4 crap crap crap

That FG was close. Was there multiple angle views of it?

He'll get a hefty fine. No suspension though.

As for the FG, all scoring plays are reviewed, especially in the last 2 minutes, so it was good.

I'm not sure that there is anything wrong with these refs. Just think it some weird kind of psychosomatic thing. And now it's piling on. Reminds me of something that someone said about Gerald Ford's administration post-Watergate.

There are more issues not because there are more issues, but because folks are expecting there to be more issues.

Here is what's wrong with these refs - They need to be given "On Field tutoring" on the flags they throw!

http://static.nfl.co...1_Rule_Book.pdf

Section 9 Page 106

( c ) Other reviewable plays:

7. A field-goal or Try attempt that crosses below or above the crossbar, inside or outside the uprights

when it is lower than the top of the uprights, or touches anything.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I am a die hard Bills fan but the disrespect for this guy is ridiculous. I thought the kick was good but it should have been reviewed and he deserved an explanation. This was a big, hard fought game by his team and he is a competitive guy. He should definitely be fined because you will have trouble if you don't, but to say he should be out for next game is a bit out there.

It's not reviewable. I mean, the man is looking straight up. To his right is good. To the left, no good. I think he knows his right from left.

Incorrect. Steve Tasker was thrown out of game in last game because he accidentally touched referee and there are other examples.

And frequently, they are not. Instead of referencing an isolated incident in the early 90, I'll return serve with last Monday on national tv the refs being grabbed by players, pulled off a pile and pushed out of the way. A head coach has never been ejected, and I imagine at somepoint onthe last 50 years there's been contact.

An ejection is a judgement call and not a hard line rule. This is an easy one for RG to say "just a reminder, don't touch them - evening you are just trying to get their attention in a crowd after the game."

Oh yeah... and I rather play the Pats with replacement refs and not the regulars who have been favoring the Pats for years with phantom calls.

True. This was a strange game. Most of the calls were bad, yet they didn't seem to favor either team. The 5 yard defensive holding that nullified that last INT was a typical Cheatriot-ref-payoff call, yet the Pats also got called on a phantom 5 yard call in the previous drive that lead to the Ravens final TD. These replacement refs might suck, but they are way less biased than the regs.

Edited by mountainwampus

True. This was a strange game. Most of the calls were bad, yet they didn't seem to favor either team. The 5 yard defensive holding that nullified that last INT was a typical Cheatriot-ref-payoff call, yet the Pats also got called on a phantom 5 yard call in the previous drive that lead to the Ravens final TD. These replacement refs might suck, but they are way less biased than the regs.

This.

I have seen more crucial calls go against the Pats* in the last two weeks than in the last 12 years.

If Orlando Brown got suspended by the league for touching Jeff Triplette, BB shoudl be suspended for running after and grabbing the ref because he lost control losing a game (and not getting a bag of ball bearings thrown at his face).

The NFL needs to reign in the coaches and this would appear to be an appropriate time to that. I know the replacement officials are less than adequate but the instituion of the game rules and those that enforce them must be respected.