Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli

I can't believe Crennel got another shot as a headcoach in this league. This guy is brutal and consistently outcoached. What made me happy and also made me laugh as a BIlls fans is that he punted on 4th down situations in the 3rd and 4th quarter instead of going for it, didn't try any onside kicks when they scored points BUT with one minute left and the Bills have the ball, he used all 3 timeouts. Crennel is an idiot and a sore loser.

Now onto Scott Pioli. This guys success was riding the coattails of having the best headcoach and quarterback (a needle in the haystack that late in the draft) not only currently in football but of all-time. Arguabley, the two most important positions in football. Scott Pioli is just ordinary, not some great football mind.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

And this is exactly why you don't knee jerk and fire your HC after some bad games without having a better replacement lined up.

You could end up with a Romeo Crennel!

Or maybe he was just trying to show that he knew he had all his timeouts left ... you know, so it will look better for his next job search ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm not shocked he got another shot at it. After all, BB had a bad run in Cleveland and he got another shot. Turned out pretty well. I think there are a lot of factors that go into the success of a head coach. They have a defense that seems to have the attitude of the Jets without the talent.

Pioli..well, can you believe Matt Cassel won 11 games with the pats and looked good? Scott believed it and took it to the bank.

The fruit of belicheat's* coaching tree is downright rotten. none of those guys go on to accomplish anything of any consequence. You take away the illegal filming and stealing signals, and all of a sudden these guys are no good.

The Chiefs have been lousy for years. This isnt really surprising.

They almost got into the playoffs last year after a brutal start down their top running back and top defensive back. We are a long way off from saying anyone is bad.

They were in the playoffs two years ago at 10-6. Albeit when Haley was the head coach.

Crennel did go 10-6 in Cleveland which is a miracle. But he definitely is one of those guys who's a better coordinator than head coach.

We all know to well about that in Buffalo with the exception of Mike Mularkey who is both a lousy coordinator and head coach.

A recent article on Pioli after sunday..here are some quotes. This guy seems like he has a God complex. No wonder Chiefs fans want to run him out of town.

"Babb's criticisms were the harshest: "Pioli is now in his fourth year of trying to justify the hype that earned him accolades in New England, respect within the NFL, and a multi-million-dollar job as a GM. Expectations were unreachable, maybe, but Pioli has done himself no favors by obsessing over trivial details, spending too much time trying to feed his addiction to his own reputation, and engineering a team using the 'discount football' philosophy that has made the Hunt family richer but has gotten the Chiefs only marginally closer to a Super Bowl."

"He whines to outsiders that the Chiefs' salary-cap shortcomings are misunderstood? Well, spend more money, as team chairman Clark Hunt has said Pioli is authorized to do. Pioli excuses himself for his biggest mistakes, such as saying he just didn't do his homework before hiring former coach Todd Haley? Well, why not? And he says privately that drafting a quarterback in the early rounds isn't the point; it's about drafting the right one. Well, Scott, then draft the right one. These things are big parts of Pioli's job, but instead of acknowledging that, he chooses to tell himself — and, through back channels, you — that things are just fine. In Scott We Trust? Not anymore."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20211119/gloves-are-off-kansas-city-media-puts-chiefs-gm-scott-pioli-in-crosshairs

Crennel did go 10-6 in Cleveland which is a miracle. But he definitely is one of those guys who's a better coordinator than head coach.

Agreed about Crennel. I thought it was premature to Fire Haley, afterall, he did get the team to the playoffs. It seems if you're not consistant once you get in the playoffs, that's a firing...

I can't believe Crennel got another shot as a headcoach in this league. This guy is brutal and consistently outcoached. What made me happy and also made me laugh as a BIlls fans is that he punted on 4th down situations in the 3rd and 4th quarter instead of going for it, didn't try any onside kicks when they scored points BUT with one minute left and the Bills have the ball, he used all 3 timeouts. Crennel is an idiot and a sore loser.

Now onto Scott Pioli. This guys success was riding the coattails of having the best headcoach and quarterback (a needle in the haystack that late in the draft) not only currently in football but of all-time. Arguabley, the two most important positions in football. Scott Pioli is just ordinary, not some great football mind.

I thought calling those time outs was idiotic. What was he trying to prove? Show his team that he will never give up? Was he trying to punish them? Was he trying to get someone injured? Just a bonehead move