Gailey's contract status

cmjoyce113

My hunch is that we're stuck with chan this year no matter. I'm thinking Ralph wants to keep the option open of moving the team after this season (dead or alive). Not renewing his contract at the end and leaving the spot open for the LA buyer's new owner with no legacy coaching costs, would be another sweetener.

If Gailey goes I want Perry Fewell back as head coach.

That's funny!!

What's interesting about Gailey is that he hasn't been on the hot season and this is his contract year and no one seems concerned about it.

If the team wins below 6 games he and the stache are all gone. And I am not so sure if this team can win more than 6 games.

we win five in a row then he gets an extention.......then.....I just dont want to say it.

I was all for keeping him in the first place.

Yeah, you've got to love the way he B word slapped his D last year when they were underperforming. He obviously has the ears and the respect of the players.

That's funny!!

What's interesting about Gailey is that he hasn't been on the hot season and this is his contract year and no one seems concerned about it.

If the team wins below 6 games he and the stache are all gone. And I am not so sure if this team can win more than 6 games.

He hasn't been on the hot seat because nobody has any expectations about this franchise. This year was different. If they don't produce this year I don't see them bringing him back and the Bills get to blow it all up and start again. Then we can get a million apologists posting things like, "hey, give these new guys 3 years, they haven't had a chance to implement their systems."

As much as I haven't been terribly impressed with Gaily I also don't want to have another 3 year plan put into place starting next year. I'm tired of the 3 year plan-rinse-repeat cycle the Bills have been on for 12 years.

He hasn't been on the hot seat because nobody has any expectations about this franchise. This year was different. If they don't produce this year I don't see them bringing him back and the Bills get to blow it all up and start again. Then we can get a million apologists posting things like, "hey, give these new guys 3 years, they haven't had a chance to implement their systems."

As much as I haven't been terribly impressed with Gaily I also don't want to have another 3 year plan put into place starting next year. I'm tired of the 3 year plan-rinse-repeat cycle the Bills have been on for 12 years.

Maybe it's a 5 year plan this time? Sure feels like it with some of the the players here.

That's funny!!

One issue is that there is no O coordinator to fire. It's Gailey. And if the D doesn't improve, what do you do with Wanny? Promote the already promoted

guy who can't get a D playing correct and promote him? Still with no D coordinator and now with a vacancy at O coordinator?

They are really going to be messed up, and then we start the whole cycle over again.

Gailey is already starting to sound like Jauron, with "need to look at the game film", "need to tighten up". Insert cliche, for when a coach doesn't really know what to do or doesn't have any ideas.

You need to look at game film to tell you your defensive backs are getting smoked?

IF (and that's a big IF) they were to get rid of Gailey, it isnt necessarily a blow it all up move. Nix and Whaley will still be here, and it will still the their team. There will be some new philosophies with new coaches, and new schemes to learn, but that's what players do.

It would be nice to have some continuity are every level, but I think Nix and Whaley can provide that foundation. Not an ideal situation but not as bad as we've seen before.

IF (and that's a big IF) they were to get rid of Gailey, it isnt necessarily a blow it all up move. Nix and Whaley will still be here, and it will still the their team. There will be some new philosophies with new coaches, and new schemes to learn, but that's what players do.

It would be nice to have some continuity are every level, but I think Nix and Whaley can provide that foundation. Not an ideal situation but not as bad as we've seen before.

I also do not care for the 3 years and out method. Although at times i am hard put to defend the coaching.

This year we have enough players and depth that we should be in most every game. Besides Fitz handing the games away.

This year means alot to the franchise and its time to put the cards on the table.

I am still on board with nix and Whaley. best draft in years and we are getting bigger/better up front on both sides of the ball. Thats the foundation for long term success. You are right Dr. Not ideal but i can hang my hat on those two guys

How are we supposed to get another coach to come here with a soon to be 94 year old owner and only one more guaranteed season of the team staying in Buffalo.

Keep Gailey another year, draft a Franchise QB in the first round and see what Chan can do with a QB with better physical tools.