Why not Naaman Roosevelt in the slot instead of Jones?

ColdBlueNorth

It seems like the organization is in a hurry to rush Graham into the lineup.

I do think he can add that speed to stretch the field, but I thought that Naaman was the best receiver last year working in the slot.

Am I the only one that saw how fearless he was across the middle? He took some wicked shots and never coughed up the ball. I know that Jones has his fans on this site, but I think he has proven to be a bit more fragile than Roosevelt and the coaching staff will not be doing him any favors with Fitz hanging him out across the middle.

I completely agree. With Fred out for a few weeks, I can understand why they filled Nelson's spot with a RB, but they still have 4 QBs on their roster. At this point, I really would like to know what Brad Smith brings to this team. I'm not knocking the guy's skills, but they're not using him, so why have him? They need WRs (yes, Smith can play WR but Naaman is better).

Naaman continues to get cut but the team with argueably the worst set of WR's in the league. No other team picks him up and gives him a chance, yet people continue to push for him to play on Sunday. I just don't get it, what have you seen that makes you think he'll succeed?

Naaman continues to get cut but the team with argueably the worst set of WR's in the league. No other team picks him up and gives him a chance, yet people continue to push for him to play on Sunday. I just don't get it, what have you seen that makes you think he'll succeed?

OK, I'll play.

Back at ya, what have you seen that indicates that he cannot cut it out there?

I know that he went to U-Buf and was not a Division I player, but I have seen too many players (like Fred Jackson for instance) not given a real shot because of their school pedigree.

May be it's because he only ways 33 pounds.

Usually agree with you bud, but not sure what you are trying to say.

He played the slot last year for us and is listed at 6' and about 200 lbs.

They tried to use Roscoe in that role for years and he would blow away in a strong breeze. Then there is that Wes Welker smurf who is listed as 5' and change and 185 lbs, he seems to get the job done.

Usually agree with you bud, but not sure what you are trying to say.

He played the slot last year for us and is listed at 6' and about 200 lbs.

They tried to use Roscoe in that role for years and he would blow away in a strong breeze. Then there is that Wes Welker smurf who is listed as 5' and change and 185 lbs, he seems to get the job done.

Just teasing, but Welker definitely out plays/muscles his size, and Roscoe was too elusive for anyone to really put a lick on him. Naaman, on the other hand, looks like he's getting tossed around like a rag-doll out there. He might have similar/better measurables than the fellas you mentioned, but he certainly doesn't play like it.

OK, I'll play.

I know that he went to U-Buf and was not a Division I player, but I have seen too many players (like Fred Jackson for instance) not given a real shot because of their school pedigree.

UB is d 1

Just teasing, but Welker definitely out plays/muscles his size, and Roscoe was too elusive for anyone to really put a lick on him. Naaman, on the other hand, looks like he's getting tossed around like a rag-doll out there. He might have similar/better measurables than the fellas you mentioned, but he certainly doesn't play like it.

Just was correctly informed that he was not retained on the PS... if the Bills have a vacancy they should call this kid again. Fitz led him right into two safeties last year and he caught the ball and got rocked, but held on. That is the kind of players they need more of rather than these china dolls we have running around at WR. Especially with the way Fitz has been throwing.

UB is d 1

Forgot they moved up in 99, but you know what I mean. They play big schools now, but how many kids get drafted from the University of Buffalo?

I like to see the underdogs get a fair shot is all I meant, and it brings a bit of cred to the program.

OK, I'll play.

I've seen very little, and thats the problem, aside from the big play against the Giants, I don't remember much about him. I like him and I like to root for the underdog, but I just don't think he has it. If he does get another chance, I hope he proves me wrong.

Roosevelt is a guy that should be on our roster. He arguably, had the best pre season. Chan Gaily has said that he was reliable, plus he knows the playbook. He should be on our team. Never mind the fact that he is a local guy, He can play. and someone upstairs, for some reason or another thinks he's too short and too slow. He gets open, That is the same thing you can say about Stevie Johnson. He does not have great speed, but he gets open. Even if Gaily is the one in charge of the roster, How in the world is Ruvell Martin a better option, than Roosevelt? Martin is not good. I don't see it at all. Maybe the whole thing comes down to who can play special teams. If that's the case, One gunner should not make Roosevelt expendable. Why should it? Throw McKelvin in that spot. I'd love for him to not be on our defense anyways. He's been beaten more times than a egg omlette.

I like to see the underdogs get a fair shot is all I meant, and it brings a bit of cred to the program.

why do you assume that he is not getting his fair shot. He has been with the Bills for the past few seasons and was with them in training camp. A team devoid of WRs and he was not able to make it to the 53 man roster. It is not like he is stuck behind starters on the depth chart.

I am sure he will be back on the roster after the next 2 wr's go down.

The problem I have noticed with him is he is too slow to get separation even on a lb. Great hands though.

Graham should be very eye opening as to what sort of advantage speed can give you. Jones in the slot will also provide a great match up On a lb or safety. He is the second fastest wr. Naamen has Nelson speed and Graham size. There are simply better options right now.

It seems like the organization is in a hurry to rush Graham into the lineup.

I do think he can add that speed to stretch the field, but I thought that Naaman was the best receiver last year working in the slot.

Am I the only one that saw how fearless he was across the middle? He took some wicked shots and never coughed up the ball. I know that Jones has his fans on this site, but I think he has proven to be a bit more fragile than Roosevelt and the coaching staff will not be doing him any favors with Fitz hanging him out across the middle.

Graham was our third round pick, and by all accounts, looked good in the pre-season. Naturally, he is going to get a chance to prove himself before he is passed over by someone who was cut from the team. I think Graham is going to really open some eyes, particularly because he is sort of unknown by other teams right now.

I too was surprised that Roosevelt was cut, and I was really surprised that Ruvell Martin was added to the roster (when Brooks went on IR) rather than him. I do think Roosevelt can play in this league, but I think Graham has much higher upside and needs game experience. You'll be happy the first time Graham takes a WR screen or a 5 yard slant to the house. He possesses that type of game changing, play-making ability.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks