Not to Add Fuel to the Fire This Week but.....

BRAWNDO

Nothing less than a playoff appearance really matters anymore. It does not matter if they go on a 9 game winning streak. If they finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs, what did that prove? The disease was cured long ago my friend. The devil has been exorcized. They can stay, they can go. It just doesn't matter anymore without seeing some winning. Winning means making the lousy playoffs. Forget about winning a SB. That aint happnin. Cant they just win enuf games to get in as a wild card? Just once? I'll always love them and care about them, but I wont turn a blind eye to the travesty that this team has become.

As far as the lease goes, I've posted on that before. The area loses nothing if they leave. The money people spend on the Bills will be spent on other entertainment outlets or god forbid saved for college or something. The only real problem would be what to do with the stadium. Other than that, it's a financial wash if they leave. I know, Joe beer hawker will be out of a job. So what? For 8 days a year he doesn't sell beer? Not the makings of a financial crises in my book. Call their bluff and let them leave. Where are they going to go? LA or TO? Spare me.

And the Cards surprise NE...& the Steelers spank the Jets...& we handle KC like we just got handled by the Jets...& you'll be soaring again & filled with hope. It's the nature of our disease....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"As far as the lease goes, I've posted on that before. The area loses nothing if they leave. The money people spend on the Bills will be spent on other entertainment outlets or god forbid saved for college or something. The only real problem would be what to do with the stadium. Other than that, it's a financial wash if they leave. I know, Joe beer hawker will be out of a job. So what? For 8 days a year he doesn't sell beer? Not the makings of a financial crises in my book. Call their bluff and let them leave. Where are they going to go? LA or TO? Spare me."

Kind Sir, for the past 10 years I have brought a group of 20-30 out of town buffalo fans to the game once a year, I know I am not the only one. We usually arrive Thursday and stay till Monday spending thousands of dollars in hotels, food, and festivities. You don't think that will be missed? Without the Bills we don't make that trip.

What if plans fell through because the next owner doesnt want to have a lease with Ralph Wilson Stadium and Erie County?

Thinking outside of the box...

The Optimistic Outlook: What if the team already has a buyer and wants to have a stadium built in Niagara County within several years after Ralph's death/purchase...and cuts ties with Erie County

The Negative Outlook: This team is toast and the best interest is to start cutting ties...sell to the highest bidder and move after Ralph's death/purchase

Edit: this is just my speculation...I could be wrong

Edited by KollegeStudnet

The last two posts are totally in opposition to each other. One says it's all politics and one says it's good business sense.

good business sense? yea i guess, but it still sucks based on the fact the bills do not sell widgets, realize an enormous profit partially as the result of govt subsidies.

I choose to remain hopeful. This may in fact be a good thing. A statement earlier this year was made that there was a Buffalo group waiting in the wings for Ralph's passing and that they had some kinda plan to buy the Bills and keep them here AND that they had some kinda plan that involved building a new stadium here. I f we are gonna "invest 200+ million in state money it only makes sense to invest it in a modern stadium (presumably open air) either on the waterfront or possibly Niagara Falls...

Oh F%#K IT!!! Toronto or L.A. Can have the damn team. I don't give a s#%t anymore. I've got my seasons and I'll continue to go but I think all my hope is lost. I'm slowly inching towards the edge of the cliff. It's only a matter of time before I swan dive off this motherf%%ker.

I enjoyed this post very much.

Just dont really kill yourself. Please dont do that.

Ps. I kinda feel how you do. Sometimes I wish as an 8 yr old or 9 yr old I didnt give up on the broncos. I was a dumb little "fair weather" fan and gave up on them when they got beat by the 49ers in a superbowl (1989??) If I had kept my stupid loyalty, that doesnt really mean much, I would have supported 2 sb wins and right now would be going craaaazy. I love Peyton.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

I choose to remain hopeful. This may in fact be a good thing. A statement earlier this year was made that there was a Buffalo group waiting in the wings for Ralph's passing and that they had some kinda plan to buy the Bills and keep them here AND that they had some kinda plan that involved building a new stadium here. I f we are gonna "invest 200+ million in state money it only makes sense to invest it in a modern stadium (presumably open air) either on the waterfront or possibly Niagara Falls...

This^.

If I were holding the Bills hand I would love a year to year extension. Every minute that they are not locked in plays in their favor. The value of this franchise without a long term obligation is well over one Billion.

lets say that erie county would get back $100 million if a team left before the 15 years is up. lets assume that Forbes value for the bills is correct at $820 million. do you really think an ownership group from L.A. would not be willing to eat that penalty and pay $920 ???.....any so called penatly/poison pill is MEANINGLESS !!!......having said that, our Bills are going nowhere !!!

the 1-year extension has not been signed, but been agreed to in principle as reported by the AP.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2012/09/12/bills-county-agree-year-lease-extension/OcmZCRxQ7GGPWbBAeD1h0L/story.html

jw

Don't believe anything this guy writes . I challenged him about the lease and Rogers negotiations and he couldn't have been more wrong

Wawrow Do some homework and journalism before

Don't believe anything this guy writes . I challenged him about the lease and Rogers negotiations and he couldn't have been more wrong

Wawrow Do some homework and journalism before

John Wawrow is one of the crown jewels of Two Bills Drive......unlike most in here, his sources are first hand....he talks directly to the decision makers. i assume you know he is an Associated Press (AP) writer. i think it is shameful the way some folks treat others.

My honest opiniion? No, it wont be terribly missed.

1) WNY is flooded with Canadians buying everything they can get their hands on. There's no shortage of out-of-towners spending money in the area that has nothing to do with the Bills

2) The people that come for games from far enough away to need a hotel is not that large.

3) People tnat will come for a game probably have family in the area and will come and visit (and spend money) whether there's a game or not.

If you're ONLY coming for the game, then all the power to you. It's just not that much money in the overall scheme of things.

Look, there's money involved. No doubt. I'm just trying to point out that it's nowhere near the amounts that some people talk about. The Bills are an asset. How much of an asset a perennial loser is is open to debate. People talk about the loss of the part-time jobs. It's 8 days a year. Surely people can find other ways to make money. If not, they'll be on the dole at some point either way.

I sincerely dont believe that there are that many out-of-towners that come to the games. Sure, there's a few. Let's say 5% of a sold out house. That's 3600 people. Let's say they each spend $1000 (which is a stretch) during their visit. That's $36k a game. Sorry, looking at the big picture, $36k is a just not that much money. No way do those same people come to the two or three December games. So let's say it's $36k for five games. $180k each season? That's not enough money to make the argument that the area needs to mortgage itself to keep the team at all costs.

You raise good points. It's really a matter of knowing for sure how many people come from out-of-town ONLY for games and nothing else. No one knows that for sure, but realistically it's not that many people.

"As far as the lease goes, I've posted on that before. The area loses nothing if they leave. The money people spend on the Bills will be spent on other entertainment outlets or god forbid saved for college or something. The only real problem would be what to do with the stadium. Other than that, it's a financial wash if they leave. I know, Joe beer hawker will be out of a job. So what? For 8 days a year he doesn't sell beer? Not the makings of a financial crises in my book. Call their bluff and let them leave. Where are they going to go? LA or TO? Spare me."

Kind Sir, for the past 10 years I have brought a group of 20-30 out of town buffalo fans to the game once a year, I know I am not the only one. We usually arrive Thursday and stay till Monday spending thousands of dollars in hotels, food, and festivities. You don't think that will be missed? Without the Bills we don't make that trip.

John Wawrow is one of the crown jewels of Two Bills Drive......unlike most in here, his sources are first hand....he talks directly to the decision makers. i assume you know he is an Associated Press (AP) writer. i think it is shameful the way some folks treat others.

:thumbsup: Who the hell is Joe W?

All you have to do is look at his posts on another thread to see how out of touch this guy is I laid out what was going on w the lease the preseason game Rogers forced back onto Brandon and the state of the Rogers negotiations

Wawrow couldn't have been more wrong on his assertions

Cuomo does not "feel" the Bills nor the importance of the team to Buffalo. The proposed stadium improvements are modest, particularly in terms of overall cost and in relation to other recently constructed new stadiums or renovations and the Bills do generate income for the state, including income taxes. I really think there is no excuse for this.

Oh F%#K IT!!! Toronto or L.A. Can have the damn team. I don't give a s#%t anymore. I've got my seasons and I'll continue to go but I think all my hope is lost. I'm slowly inching towards the edge of the cliff. It's only a matter of time before I swan dive off this motherf%%ker.

+1

I hope they move. Put me out of my misery.

What if plans fell through because the next owner doesnt want to have a lease with Ralph Wilson Stadium and Erie County?

Thinking outside of the box...

The Optimistic Outlook: What if the team already has a buyer and wants to have a stadium built in Niagara County within several years after Ralph's death/purchase...and cuts ties with Erie County

The Negative Outlook: This team is toast and the best interest is to start cutting ties...sell to the highest bidder and move after Ralph's death/purchase

Edit: this is just my speculation...I could be wrong

Go with the glass is half full.