TMQ takes OBD to task

BRH

Can't put it any better than TMQ put it today, can you?

Yet Another Awful Bills Team: The Bills have a league-worst 11-year postseason drought, and that is unlikely to change anytime soon as they allowed 48 points versus the weak offense of the Jets. Despite the NFL being a passing league, the Bills have no quarterback they drafted on their roster, just an assortment of quarterbacks other teams didn't want. At the halfway point of the 2011 season, starter Ryan Fitzpatrick had 14 touchdown passes versus seven interceptions. The Bills awarded him a contract extension with a monster bonus, and since then he has celebrated by throwing 19 interceptions and 13 touchdown passes. By the last third of last year, defensive coordinators had figured out that Fitzpatrick never looks over the center of the field -- all his passes go sideways or up the sideline. Since opponents figured this out, he's been throwing picks. His sideways pick-six to Antonio Cromartie on Sunday at Jersey/B was so predictable, Cromartie appeared to be the one running the pattern. After the game, Cromartie said the Jets were expecting Fitzpatrick to throw sideways.

Buffalo's awful secondary does not help. The Bills allowed a 123.4-rating day by Mark Sanchez, one of the worst passers in the league. At cornerback, Buffalo has Leodis McKelvin, 11th choice of the 2008 draft; Stephon Gilmore, 10th selection of the 2012 draft; and Eric Williams, 33rd choice of the 2011 draft. All helped Sanchez look like a Hall of Fame quarterback in his prime. McKelvin and Gilmore were burned badly for touchdowns.

Winning in your division is the NFL's test of manhood. Buffalo is now on an 0-6 streak against the Jets, a 2-6 streak against the Dolphins and a 2-21 streak against the Patriots. For a decade the Bills have been the league's worst-managed, worst-coached and worst-drafting franchise. There's no sign of any change -- and no sign anyone at the top of the Bills' organization cares.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh. right they are :(

Yeah they are right. A week ago they were predicting the Bills would make the playoffs. Apparently none of the shortcomings of the team seemed bad enough back then. <_<. Which way is the wind blowing today?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yeah they are right. A week ago they were predicting the Bills would make the playoffs. Apparently none of the shortcomings of the team seemed bad enough back then. <_<. Which way is the wind blowing today?

PTR

Not sure which way the wind is blowing, but i smell a leaking septic tank since sunday. :bag:

If your job is to write about football for espn you should at least know the players names. Eric Williams don't play for buffalo.

Aside from that the fitz thing is on point it's really turning into a joke

"Hey, TMQ guy. You know you didn't get the BILLS' CBs name right, don't ya?"

"If the BILLS don't care about their team, why the !@#$ should I?"

Blah blah blah. It sounds more like one writer venting. One game. I'll eat all the crow tossed my way if this continues, but come on...to say that they don't care is just ignorant.

Wait, so missed the play offs this year already?!?!?!?!?!?! In my mind when we're out of the play off hunt we start the witch hunt. Till then, please, can we just enjoy some football.

Sundays debacle has done wonders for the pundits. It was, very admittedly, a pathetic showing that promised little for the season. There are, however, 15 games to go. There is talent on this team and Fitz can be corrected to at least read what the defense is doing to him. I dunno what Chan is preaching this week, but if the team that shows up at the home opener is the same team that showed last week, I will be very surprised. There is regular season tape of what the schemes KC will be running are. Not that I am stating that as a viable excuse, but it can't hurt to have a clue of what you are facing. Rex, as much as I despise him, disguised his schemes in the preseason as well as anyone I have seen in a very long time.