Things to do in Buffalo

tito1

things to do :

#1- Niagara Falls (world class attraction).

#2- seeing as your already down there (you can walk from your hotel).....the "canal side", naval park and erie basin marina (all connected) makes for a nice walk. lots of boating and eating options.

#3- Albright Knox art gallery, Kleinhans music hall, Shea's theatre and buffalo zoo are all very nice.

places to eat: if you want to be wow'd at a reasonable price:

#1- Hutch's (on Delaware ave)

#2- Left Bank (on Rhode Island st)

if you insist on pizza & wings(lots of great choices).....just have them delivered to your room from La Nova.

Nightlife:

Allen St. ( gabriels gate has great wings).

Elmwood Ave (blue monk) great mix of young and old (25-50) extensive beer list.

Chippewa (mostly young under 25) hit the chocolate bar

Templeton Landing - very near hotel. outdoor seating along marina.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to visit Niagara Falls if you have never been there. I recommend viewing from the Canadian side.

If we are just talking about viewing the falls and not doing anything else I think this is very debatable.

From Goat Island on the American side you can get right next to the Horseshoe Falls and the American Falls for some amazing views and photo ops.

Obviously everything else on the American side is a dump in comparison but if looking at the falls is all you want the American side and Goat Island is where I head every single time.

Imho the comparison isn't even close.

Heading to the game and staying at the Adams Mark this weekend for the game.

I am not from Buffalo so I was hoping some people could suggest some things for me to do on Saturday. I like to drink, watch sports, check out cool bars/clubs, walk around mall (my wife will be with me), stuff like that. Any specific part of town or places to recommend? I was going to try anchor bar, I saw man vs food was there haha.

Thanks

There is an up and coming young band that you should go and see. They are very energetic and loud.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/10/little-girl-rocker_n_1865544.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Agreed 100% I was watching the RNC a few weeks ago and Romney says Obama's economic plan will raise taxes on the middle class and do nothing to reduce the defecit. Meanwhile, his plan will actually create jobs and lower the defecit. I never realized it was that cut and dry, but apparently it is. Talk about a no-brainer!

You actually believe a politician? I don't remember Buffalonians being that naive.

Please, please do not go to Anchor Bar or Duff's...there are so many better places for wings. Bar Bill was mentioned, Elmo's is phenomenal, but if you're staying in the city, you'll probably want something closer like:

Gabriel's Gate

Cabaret

Papa Jake's

Also, if you're looking for entertainment, I'd go check out the Inner Harbor area during the day. The naval museum is really cool, and the eatery down there is pretty good as well.

the old dilemma - do you send someone to the BEST wings, or the popular wings that they hear about and can go home and tell friends that they got.