FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD - Go get a new QB NOW

peterpan

Trade for Kirk Couins and cut Fitz.

At the end of this season we are going to be looking for a new QB regardless of how Fitz does this year.

Use this year to find out if Cousins is worth keeping around. If he sucks, then draft someone, anyone high.

We are just wasting time with Fitz on the roster.

3 first round picks traded - RG3 still looks like a STEAL. Fortune favors the BOLD.

Edited by peterpan

Trade for Kirk Couins and cut Fitz.

At the end of this season we are going to be looking for a new QB regardless of how Fitz does this year.

Use this year to find out if Cousins is worth keeping around. If he sucks, then draft someone, anyone high.

We are just wasting time with Fitz on the roster.

3 first round picks traded - RG3 still looks like a STEAL. Fortune favors the BOLD.

Well that would gurantee we get the top pick in the draft so yea sounds good

They need to trade their entire draft for the top QB coming out this year.. Barkely?

Tyler Bray should be our first pick, when we pick first overall.

QB 6"6' 215 Tennessee.

Season G Att Comp Pct Yds Long Pass Effic. TD Int Yds/G 2010 9 224 125 .558 1849 80 142.7 18 10 205.4 2011 7 247 147 .595 1983 81 144.8 17 6 283.3 2012 2 61 45 .738 643 72 194.8 6 0 321.5

"Bray passed for four touchdowns and more than 310 yards in his near-perfect performance in the Vols' 51-13 victory against Georgia State at Neyland Stadium.

The Panthers (0-2) are a lightly regarded Championship Subdivision team, so Bray's dominance was hardly unexpected. But the ease and confidence with which he has played in each of Tennessee's first two games has erased any doubts about the potency of the Vols' passing game.

Bray's confidence in his progressions — that is, the order in which he checks multiple receivers on different routes — is one reason he said he has progressed from a freshman "gunslinger" to a more mature quarterback.

"I was playing on instinct, but now I understand the game, know my reads and how to get people the ball," he said."

http://www.knoxnews....perfect-in-win/

If not Cousin then who? He is a rookie that looked OK in PS. McElroy from the Jets I thought looked OK in his PS snaps but I can't think of any other QB worth giving a shot. (for the record I'm not even saying these guy will pan out, but its better to try and find a Franchise QB rather than trot out Fitz every week)

I mean people around here hate Tebow but I don't think I've ever seen Tebow play as bad as Fitz played today. Some fans are waiting for Fitz to get back to his early season 2011 form, but truth is he is a 7th year QB who has sucked for 6 2/3rds years of his career

If not Cousin then who? He is a rookie that looked OK in PS. McElroy from the Jets I thought looked OK in his PS snaps but I can't think of any other QB worth giving a shot. (for the record I'm not even saying these guy will pan out, but its better to try and find a Franchise QB rather than trot out Fitz every week)

I mean people around here hate Tebow but I don't think I've ever seen Tebow play as bad as Fitz played today. Some fans are waiting for Fitz to get back to his early season 2011 form, but truth is he is a 7th year QB who has sucked for 6 2/3rds years of his career

So, patience is not your strong suit, hunh? ;)

Yep good idea, let's scrap it after one game. Cut it out. Is Fitz the answer for this franchise? No. Should they consider going with a QB in the first round next year? Absolutely.But Fitz is the man for this season. We saw what he can do when he's on during weeks 1-8 last year. They'll try their best to get back to that kind of football next week. But there's no reason to freak now. It's like being on an airplane. You can be scared of flying all you want before the plane takes off, but once it does, you might as well sit back and try to look at the positive side of things since it's out of your hands now. Bad metaphor maybe but I think it delivers the point.

So, patience is not your strong suit, hunh? ;)

Fitz has been in the league 7 years - he has had plenty of time to be better than he was today and for the alst 12 games

Besides, if a late round pick sucks as a rookie he wil lprob never amount to anything. Times have changed for high picks, Barkley will prob be a star from day 1 just like Luck RG3 Newton etc.

Yep good idea, let's scrap it after one game. Cut it out. Is Fitz the answer for this franchise? No. Should they consider going with a QB in the first round next year? Absolutely.But Fitz is the man for this season. We saw what he can do when he's on during weeks 1-8 last year. They'll try their best to get back to that kind of football next week. But there's no reason to freak now. It's like being on an airplane. You can be scared of flying all you want before the plane takes off, but once it does, you might as well sit back and try to look at the positive side of things since it's out of your hands now. Bad metaphor maybe but I think it delivers the point.

I like the metaphor. Sort of like the image of kicking back in the 1st class cabin, getting a good whiskey from a hot flight attendant, with the uncertain knowledge of whether the airplane has only enough fuel to get to the end of the runway or whatever.

No ones trading a rookie in week one.

Or anyone that has a chance.

This thread is among the biggest bills related fails today.