Rex's plan to prepare RT Austin Howard to face Mario...

eball

You can't make this up:

"Ryan said he would prepare Howard by using former Bills pass-rusher Aaron Maybin and first-round draft pick Quinton Coples on the scout team to act like Williams."

:lol:

That is hilarious for obvious reasons...

Unfortunately Howard looked ok in his time in there. After watching Hunter's play in the preseason, I was so hoping to see him try to block Williams and Co. You'd like to hope they will still school Howard, but Hunter was a mess...

Yeah, I'm confused...does Rex mean use both of them at the same time to simulate 1 Mario?

Makes perfect sense. Maybin will run 8 yards up field in a long arc. Hunter meanwhile can block Coples for 3-4 seconds, and the when he's done, Maybin will have completed his loop and can be tapped gently to the ground.

Rex is pretty smart.

Makes perfect sense. Maybin will run 8 yards up field in a long arc. Hunter meanwhile can block Coples for 3-4 seconds, and the when he's done, Maybin will have completed his loop and can be tapped gently to the ground.

Rex is pretty smart.

I thought it would be more like Maybin sitting on Coples' shoulders.

:lol: Great thread!

I think Maybin will revolutionize the pass rushing DE position. In the future, teams will use superfast CB types to just run completely around the protection. It'll be a new drill at the combine... Who can run the fastest 10 yard circle.

It reminds me of a bad tennis player who has a lousy backhand so he runs all the way off the court just so he can hit the forehand because it's all he has.

Funny, I don't recall Mario ever lining up 10 yards off tackle, running in a straight line way past the QB, and then getting pancaked by a running back on his way back towards the play.

Well done. Well done.

I also like how Rex is "simulating" Williams speed by lining up Maybin offsides. Guess what Rexy? Most people fear Mario's strength over his speed and Aaron Maybin sure isn't going to simulate that properly. Comparing Maybin's hitting power to Mario Williams' hitting power is like comparing a Hot Wheels toy car to a freight train.

This is perfect. By being able to practice against Maybin, Howard will be lulled into a false sense of confidence. Heck, the Jest OTs have been lulled all summer.

Our OTs, on the other hand, will really be able to appreciate the difference between what they've been seeing all summer and what they'll see on Sunday out of the Jest DEs.

GO BILLS!!!