Anybody know the story on Geathers?

Ennjay

His wiki page states that he was signed to the Bills practice squad on 9/2/12, but there is no mention of him on the Bills transaction list. Is he that good that he could be signed to the roster when Brooks goes to IR this week? Geathers was cut by Dallas, 8/31.

Marignal player cut for underperforming. Who honestly cares? Talk to me about who they're going to sign to replace what appears to be an IR bound Brooks. Talking to me about who might be the 8th defensive lineman on the roster is as close to irrelevant as it gets.

Marignal player cut for underperforming. Who honestly cares? Talk to me about who they're going to sign to replace what appears to be an IR bound Brooks. Talking to me about who might be the 8th defensive lineman on the roster is as close to irrelevant as it gets."

And yet with a clear understanding of what the thread was discussing, you chose not only to read it but to post on it.

Really? Really?

He says he was signed, but he's not on the roster and he's not named in the three Press Releases listing the PS signees.

?

He's been signed to an NFL 53-man roster. Two guesses:

1) either they thought he was PS-eligible and the fine print says otherwise

or

2) he and his agent want closer to vet minimum per game and the Bills want to pay std PS $$ so no agreement there