WNYTBDGPS - it's been too long

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i lived in rochester i used to go to nicks before the murder when they stayed open all night but never ate anything. first of all, that place was highly entertaining but gross. by entertaining i mean there were literal crazy people living there, right in nicks. one huge woman who used to sit inside and talk to her imaginary friends in a hostile tone, and a guy bumming smokes and change with his dick hanging out. ive eaten a lot of unappealing things when i was drunk but even hammered i didnt want anything to do with the garbage plate - i went there just for their classic ambience. when i had my fill of people watching i just drove over to monroe ave for some real food - country sweet

As long as the guy with his pecker hanging out isn't cooking the food, not much gonna keep me from my plate. All the drug addicts, hookers and pimps slumped over on the tables was part of it's charm.

Man, wish there was a Tahous by me. Not enough time for me to get there and back to Webster in an hour. Maybe I can go to Bill Grays or Webster Hots or something. Not the same though.

Tahous ain't the same since Nick died years ago. Hate to say it.

Empire Hots is my go-to plate now...

Nick's on main was quite the entertaining event! The food was always good as one could expect at 2 am with a beer buzz working. Country Sweet use to be up on Lake Ave near Driving Park bridge was alway a favorite, and Campi's down on Scottsville Rd right off the 390 with their Killer BOMBER sandwiches! I miss my old Rochester stomping days.

The new spot for me at least is Sticky Lips Juke Joint on Jefferson between East & West Hen. Rd. I thinks it's better than the Dinosaur!

dinosaur was good when they first opened, it was just like the cuse one. i had amerks seasons for a long time and we went there almost every pregame. but over time they became commercialized and they lost their home style flavoring. ended up feeling more like tgifridays than the dinosaur i first fell in love with. stopped going there about a year or so after they opened. too bad

Wow you guys! i had no idea.

The new Nicks in Henrietta is like a sanitized downtown one. Just not the same, so good call.

I used to live next to country sweet on lake one block away Glendale and Fulton ave. early 80s Nice friendly area.... But man those dayswere nice get a six pack of genny light and 10 hot with mac. legendary stuff. I was at Campi's last year i think. another classic.

Cowgirl, Nicks was THEOriginal garbage plate. Drunkeness peculiar ambience and serious health concerns outweighed by the antiseptic Alcohol.

There are some good G-plates out there and some much better, But Nicks is Nicks.

It seems the new DQ on Jefferson is still waaay to packed since opening. 22 cars in the drive thru and a line for sit down a buddy was telling me today.

Might Might Taco has settled down and i was able to get in and out quick last week. I only get a half an hour being a laborer. and thats from 1130-1200. wish i could have met you guys this time . hope another time Jay, have fun and

Go Bills!

The new spot for me at least is Sticky Lips Juke Joint on Jefferson between East & West Hen. Rd. I thinks it's better than the Dinosaur!

Been to the one on Culver but not the new one yet, which sucks because it's like 4 miles from my house.

A couple of surprise guests appeared at Nick's as Just Jack, Todd, and I were joined by Pinto Kenny (he's such a lurker) and a long-lost TBD icon Dan Gross. It was great to see everyone and talk Bills (and Kodak).

We're planning on doing next Friday also, at the Henrietta location. So if you're gonna be around, arrange your schedule accordingly!

It will be interesting to see if a well-seasoned grill (such as the one on Main) makes a better plate than a newer grill. I'll be having a combo plate next time for sure.

A couple of surprise guests appeared at Nick's as Just Jack, Todd, and I were joined by Pinto Kenny (he's such a lurker) and a long-lost TBD icon Dan Gross. It was great to see everyone and talk Bills (and Kodak).

We're planning on doing next Friday also, at the Henrietta location. So if you're gonna be around, arrange your schedule accordingly!

May I suggest a in between (Rochester & Buffalo) location for the next WNYTBDGPS

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ponys-middleport

I've been going to this spot for years and will bet the house you will love their chicken wings better than Country Sweet. A pitch of Blue light and 30 wings for $20.50! You will be hooked guaranteed!!

May I suggest a in between (Rochester & Buffalo) location for the next WNYTBDGPS

http://www.yelp.com/...onys-middleport

I've been going to this spot for years and will bet the house you will love their chicken wings better than Country Sweet. A pitch of Blue light and 30 wings for $20.50! You will be hooked guaranteed!!

No, it's not Tahous.

Nah. We'll do Rochester as always.

Are you going against Jay, the leader of the WNYTBDGPS? He may not like that, and challenge you to a spearing contest (and bounce off you).