Mario apologized to Nelson for falling on his leg

l< j

A minor thing, but pretty cool, from Don Banks' column. The reason Nelson missed camp time was that Mario fell on him:

"Nobody really knows this, but when David Nelson got hurt, Mario went to his room that night to check on him and say, 'Golly, I'm sorry,' '' Gailey told me. "A guy doesn't have to do that in this league, and a prima donna never does it. But a good guy does. That tells you something about what kind of human being he is. We felt good about the money spent already because he's a hard worker and a great player. But that just reinforced what we already thought.''

http://sportsillustr...l?sct=nfl_t2_a8

kj

I find it strange that this does't happen more. You accidentally injure a teammate in practice--seems like the normal human reaction would be to apologize and check on the guy.

I imagine a lot of those guys don't want to appear "soft" (read: "human"). Like Chan said, it says a lot about Mario's character.

I find it strange that this does't happen more. You accidentally injure a teammate in practice--seems like the normal human reaction would be to apologize and check on the guy.

A lot of these guys are self absorbed DBags. A lot are also great guys but there's a good portion that are just used to the world revolving around them.