What if Thigpen Looks Great Thursday?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark my words. Tavaris Jackson will be starting by week 6.

And what if you are wrong?

To the OP, I wouldnt read too much in to Thigpens play tonight as it will be mostly again Lions players who are on the bubble for a roster spot.

At best, I think he gets cut and then re signed after week 1 so the Bills arent on the hook for his $2.5 Million salary that they would have to pay him in full.

CBF

I know it's unlikely, but let's say with his back to the wall, Thigpen comes out and really lights it up. Looks like the 2nd coming of Montana. Clearly provides Bills with the best QB performance we've seen not only in the preseason, but in several years.

Jackson's on a renogiated contract so I reckon he's safe.

Does Gailey go against his promise to keep Smith #3 on the depth chart?

If not, what about Fitz?

Did you just post asking if our #3-4 qb looks good in a preseason game, do we cut our jack of all trades or our starter, as a serious question? Is this a fitz vs thigpen thread? (and preface it with how bad you think thigpen is?)

Edited by NoSaint

Did you just post asking if our #3-4 qb looks good in a preseason game, do we cut our jack of all trades or our starter, as a serious question? Is this a fitz vs thigpen thread? (and preface it with how bad you think thigpen is?)

I'm just asking what happens if he comes out and looks great. Because we haven't had a QB all preseason that's looked even decent. You can't see it creating questions when we have a guy with a lock on 3 spot of dubious QB value, a guy on the 2 spot whose already tagged as a career backup and whose just getting fitted for bills uni now, and a guy with a supposed lock on the 1 spot whose played like s big pile of number 2 this preseason.

I'm just asking what happens if he comes out and looks great. Because we haven't had a QB all preseason that's looked even decent. You can't see it creating questions when we have a guy with a lock on 3 spot of dubious QB value, a guy on the 2 spot whose already tagged as a career backup and whose just getting fitted for bills uni now, and a guy with a supposed lock on the 1 spot whose played like s big pile of number 2 this preseason.

key word: preseason

Start worrying when the regular season is under way.

It means nothing!

It will just reinforce how inconsistant he can be. And beg to ask, where was this before, or better yet, who the heck cares.

Jackson gonna be #2, now lets start the season!

By the way if Fitz isn't still the starter by week 6, its cause hes hurt or someone else was brought in,these guys won't unseat him.

the only way jackson has any chance at stealing the starting job is if fitz completely poops the bed, as in last half fitz last year

could happen but i doubt it. im not sure he can return to first half fitz, but he should be able to keep the td numbers above pick numbers and around 60% completions, which would keep jackson on the bench

what if elvis grbac driving a winnebago made of swiss cheese rolls out of my butt?

mmmmm my fav, butt derived grilled cheese.

Mark my words. Tavaris Jackson will be starting by week 6.

words

Marked, also observed your micro-boner... Snugger fits are painful to purchase, every store know knows about your tiny wangful situation.

I know it's unlikely, but let's say with his back to the wall, Thigpen comes out and really lights it up. Looks like the 2nd coming of Montana. Clearly provides Bills with the best QB performance we've seen not only in the preseason, but in several years.

Jackson's on a renogiated contract so I reckon he's safe.

Does Gailey go against his promise to keep Smith #3 on the depth chart?

If not, what about Fitz?

That's a good start. What if Obama actually closed GTMO like he promised instead of spending $30 million to rennovate. What if we pulled troops out of Afghanistan as promised instead of increasing our presence. What if we withdrew from Iraq in lieu of paying contractors to stay there? What if we got rid of a $500b deficit in lieu of increasing it by $4.5 trillion? What if monkeys could actually fly like they did in the Wizard of Oz? OK, maybe that went a little too far, but not that much farther than you're suggesting. Fitzpatrick is clearly going to be the starter no matter what happens in the game tonight. No team in the NFL trades any draft pick for a 3rd string QB, which means that Tarvaris Jackson is clearly #2. Logic suggests that TT is likely gone before the season starts, or at a minimum relegated to #3 QB duties or a glorified clipboard holder. It doesn't matter if he magically throws a touchdown pass from his knees from the 1 yard line to the other end zone in the air. His role is pretty much known.

I think Chan's mind is already made up and nothing TT does against Detroit will convince Chan to move TT up the depth chart. One good night doesn't much alter two years of mediocrity. I think this is how Chan sees things...

Fitz is the starter because he's the best we have.

TJack is the #2 because he's better than TT.

Brad Smith is the #3 because teams get to dress an emergency QB who doesn't count against your game day total. So you want someone in that spot who will see the field even if (as is likely) both #1 and #2 don't get hurt. Smith can contribute in other ways. It's like having an extra player for free as long as you can legitmately label him a QB.

So where does that leave Thigpen?

Option 1: Keep him as the temporary #2 until T Jack learns the offense well enough to perform that role.

Option 2: Cut TT now confident that no one will sign him - he'll still be available if Fitz gets injured early in the season.

Option 3: Keep him on the roster because - god forbid - Fitz or TJack get hurt tonight.