McGee suffers setback

papazoid

If they cut McGee then the combined NFL experience of our CBs (excluding Leodis) is less than 2 years total. S. Gilmore, A. Williams, J. Rogers and R. Brooks.

McKelvin has looked terrific so far throughout the summer, but if he's the veteran of the group...

It's a scary proposition.

If Mcgee can't go in the regular season, I'd be shocked if the Bills don't acquire(either waivers or a trade), or CB with some experience.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just played in the super bowl in madden, and mcgee was the mvp--3 picks, 6 tackles, and a TD. Therefore, he must stay.

Damn you got to the sb already?! What's your opine on the game? I'm hemming and hawing about the $60 (yeah I can be cheap sometimes B-) )

Damn you got to the sb already?! What's your opine on the game? I'm hemming and hawing about the $60 (yeah I can be cheap sometimes B-) )

NewEgg has it on sale for $10 less, $49.99 through labor day. Check this Labor Day sale slinger. Free shipping and no NYS sales tax. Of course, it will take a week to get here, but meh. I haven't bought a Madden since '06, but after playing the demo I was pleasantly surprised. As a result, I didn't get some of the preorder prices (I think the lowest I saw was $44) but this is still better than the msrp. Good luck!

In reading through threads like these, I'm always amazed at the amount of emotional attachment that fans have to players. Without any evaluation of what the player has actually contributed to the team in recent years, we proclaim that other fans should "give them a chance" or "be patient", simply because a player once showed signs of talent. While I'm fine with doing that for guys just coming into the NFL, joining a new system or coming into very new terminology, it just doesn't hold water for veterans, particularly those that are "seasoned". McGee is starting his 10th season with the Bills and to date has not completed a single season. He has not put on pads for 20% of the regular season games that he could have played. Putting that in context, people are basically arguing that it's OK that a supposed starter can't even play 3.2 games per season. He's had even less games as a starter. It's unfortunately time for a bit of reality and time to move on.

In reading through threads like these, I'm always amazed at the amount of emotional attachment that fans have to players. Without any evaluation of what the player has actually contributed to the team in recent years, we proclaim that other fans should "give them a chance" or "be patient", simply because a player once showed signs of talent. While I'm fine with doing that for guys just coming into the NFL, joining a new system or coming into very new terminology, it just doesn't hold water for veterans, particularly those that are "seasoned". McGee is starting his 10th season with the Bills and to date has not completed a single season. He has not put on pads for 20% of the regular season games that he could have played. Putting that in context, people are basically arguing that it's OK that a supposed starter can't even play 3.2 games per season. He's had even less games as a starter. It's unfortunately time for a bit of reality and time to move on.

He was a good bill when he was healthy. Its hard to watch a player struggle with injury problems year after year because its out of their control. McGee has been nothing but a model citizen since he's been in buffalo and I think thats why people like and respect him. Not to mention he was one of the most explosive kick returners we've ever had.. there's a lot to like about McGee but I agree. At some point you have to move on.

I dont mind that he is done or heck over done. i dont mind if he gets cut. I know i phrased that all wrong. I am not finger pointing and not a jersey wearing blind optimist.

So i apologise for any insult i may have offered.

But i want the coaches to decide.

Guess that would leave us little to banter about though.

all that said. i think you guys are right, he is not flying to Detroit and we better watch that waiver wire like a hawk!