Eric Cantor's worst nightmare

i don't recall the number, but what does that prove, that a news organization was making its best attempt to pore over documents and accurately report on them?

i do remember the time when everyone, but the AP, called the 2000 election in George W. Bush's favor on election night.

i also remember when the AP accurately reported the Supreme Court ruling on the health care decision, while others initially missed the mark. but really, who's keeping track.

jw

Sure sure, you keep telling yourself that :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the narrative, many people from the left live inside a bubble, and only believe what they are spoonfed, and it's hard to blame them because you have "journalists" from left wing organizations that purport to be "objective" media outlets that like to depict their own false accounts.

Think about it, look how loony jw is, he's a reporter for the AP, and you know the rest of the loons that he works with are on par with him.

indeed, we actually hold meetings and send out daily email talking points to see how we can stir up the so-called "Republicans." i'll have to report back to everyone of my success, because there could well be a big bonus for me, as to which i should thank you.

jw

glad to see facts don't stand in your way.

jw

If you guys want to harp on favorable treatment Obama gets feel free. But the idea the media is bias b/c they basically attacked Palin? The media would be biased for not attacking her and pursuing some retarded fairness bias agenda where they just want to be "fair" instead of reporting. Nobody here will argue the point that Sarah Palin had no business being that election. She didn't merely not know how to give good answer some questions, she clearly didn't understand some questions. Sarah Palin and McCain got what they had coming to them. You can complain that Obama didn't, but don't complain that Palin did.

Regarding the privitization of SS what happened in 2008 will be a blip over the working lifetime of the average American. And imagine dollar cost averaging into that. Hopefully you did and too bad SS didn't.

SS is fine as a basic structure, and has been fine throughout history, it can be effectively tweaked to cover the cash flow deficit over the next few decades resulting from growing inequality and the demographic shift until the millennials grow old. SS is good, and it's ok.

it's somewhat unfortunate that Isaac didn't blow toward Tampa, that way members of the so-called "Republican" delegations could have had a chance to step outside and actually piss in the big wind and pretend the blowback is, in fact, rain.

On a hot mic, reporter David Chalian of Yahoo News said that Ann and Mitt Romney are "happy to have a party with black people drowning." Here's audio:

The comments were made during an ABC/Yahoo livestream, when the reporters believed that microphones were off.

The comments appear to be in reference to the Republican convention going on even as Hurricane Isaac hits the coast.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/reporter-romneys-happy-have-party-black-people-drowning_651119.html

It's like they share the same mind. :lol:

On a hot mic, reporter David Chalian of Yahoo News said that Ann and Mitt Romney are "happy to have a party with black people drowning." Here's audio:

The comments were made during an ABC/Yahoo livestream, when the reporters believed that microphones were off.

The comments appear to be in reference to the Republican convention going on even as Hurricane Isaac hits the coast.

http://www.weeklysta...ing_651119.html

Ooops, I just started a thread about this...........

If you guys want to harp on favorable treatment Obama gets feel free. But the idea the media is bias b/c they basically attacked Palin? The media would be biased for not attacking her and pursuing some retarded fairness bias agenda where they just want to be "fair" instead of reporting. Nobody here will argue the point that Sarah Palin had no business being that election. She didn't merely not know how to give good answer some questions, she clearly didn't understand some questions. Sarah Palin and McCain got what they had coming to them. You can complain that Obama didn't, but don't complain that Palin did.

And Obama gave good answers during the campaign and has failed miserably to solve any problems.

Oh and on media bias. lets take a look at the lily white GOP convention (according to MSNBC)

http://redalertpolitics.com/2012/08/28/msnbc-cuts-every-speech-made-by-a-minority-from-rnc-speech-coverage/

have i not objectively questioned holes in the so-called "Republican" platform?

jw

jw, I love ya...but you have NEVER questioned Republicans objectively. :lol:

And their platform, btw, is "family values". Why do you think Ann Romney spoke?

Every day there seem to be more and more people saying/doing remarkably stupid stuff to/about the GOP/Romney, and I suspect it's primarily because they are suddenly realizing that after four years, it's all they have left in the chamber.

On the upside, next week's DNC convention should be followed up with many important specifics. Not AT the convention, mind you, but the day after the president speaks, when the jobs report comes out. We'll probably see it drop to 8.1924%!!!

Every day there seem to be more and more people saying/doing remarkably stupid stuff to/about the GOP/Romney, and I suspect it's primarily because they are suddenly realizing that after four years, it's all they have left in the chamber.

On the upside, next week's DNC convention should be followed up with many important specifics. Not AT the convention, mind you, but the day after the president speaks, when the jobs report comes out. We'll probably see it drop to 8.1924%!!!

8.248%...which the administration will happily and with no sense of irony round down to 8.2%.

if you're referring to "true" Americans, who value everything the current so-called "GOP" stands for, God (the Christian one, and especially the Elite Jesus guy who didn't spread the wealth with his loaves, fishes acts of charity, et al) and liberty (except for those who have the gall to criticize and question so-called "Republican" ideals) and are pro-life (with the exception of the death penalty of course), you're absolutely correct.

jw

Ah, the typical liberal classifying all conservatives as lock step with the Jerry Fallwells of the world. That's ok because I view all you liberals as gay.

Ah, the typical liberal classifying all conservatives as lock step with the Jerry Fallwells of the world. That's ok because I view all you liberals as gay.

Hey now we're just jealous. Lock step? Maybe not always but a lot of the time. And it does make us jealous b/c we're not apart of an organized political party. We're democrats.

8.248%...which the administration will happily and with no sense of irony round down to 8.2%.

In all seriousness, there is probably no more interesting jobs report than the one coming out next Friday. Can you imagine the reality of Obama giving his DNC address Thursday night, only to have news agencies reporting on the jobs report at 9 a.m. the next morning? Even if they did, somehow, think the recovery was going to be working by now, who's dumb enough to go all in on that with your schedule?

jw

jw

I never said you didn't. As I said I'll be waiting for you to objectively question holes in Democrat platform. And I love the reduncancy of the words so-called and using quotes.

I never said you didn't. As I said I'll be waiting for you to objectively question holes in Democrat platform. And I love the reduncancy of the words so-called and using quotes.

There are no holes in the Democrat issues. It is what it's always been: Hope and Change

Hope things get better, and when they don't, Change the subject.

In all seriousness, there is probably no more interesting jobs report than the one coming out next Friday. Can you imagine the reality of Obama giving his DNC address Thursday night, only to have news agencies reporting on the jobs report at 9 a.m. the next morning? Even if they did, somehow, think the recovery was going to be working by now, who's dumb enough to go all in on that with your schedule?

I expect it's going to be a surprisingly "not bad" report.

And it pisses me off that this fiscally ignorant administration and their window-licking followers will crow about it.

And it REALLY pisses me off that that ultimately amounts to feeling pissed off about good news, simply because window-lickers stop licking the windows long enough to crow about **** they know nothing about. I'm going to go ballistic when they find out what the housing market's doing.

well, i really should use an asterisk, because the people at this so-called "Republican"(*) convention aren't all so-called "Republicans"(*) because there appears to be very little room left in the so-called "GOP" (*) for dissent or discussion. the party, to me, has lost its way.

-- it says it stands for smaller government, and yet selects Mitt Romney.

-- it says it stands for a reduction in spending, and yet the vice presidential candidate voted to expand government spending.

-- it says it stands for bringing back a golden century without realizing what contributed to helping make the last golden century actually work ... and in part it were the rules and regulations put into place following the last Great Depression and war that followed.

-- it's a party that no longer stands for any type of compromise.

-- it is a party that once backed universal health care, but no longer.

-- it is a party the once helped own the center of the political spectrum, but has now appeared to have allowed itself to be bullied and hijacked into a one-note ideological corner.

-- it was a party that once stood for business, but has now selected three consecutive candidates who's track record in building business (and by that, i don't mean rewarding shareholders) and creating jobs can be easily questioned.

i can go on.

so i don't need to review or question what the Democrats do or don't do at their convention. in this nation, there is no second choice when it comes to me. and that's changed drastically over the past 30 years. the so-called "Republican" (*) party offers nothing for me to even give it one lick of consideration. it is against abortion, it is against equality, it has no semblance of a health care plan beyond privatizing it, it says one thing and does the other -- yes, much like the Democrats do.

the entire political system has been infiltrated by a paralysis of polarization, and it wasn't always this way.

and the way the so-called "Republican"(*) Party is structured today, i have the choice but to knock and criticize it, if it means helping start a discussion about where conservatives need to look beyond this election.

and some people here -- not you Chef -- certainly have the option to respond by questioning my leanings, attacking what it is that i do, without contributing to the discussion in attempt to extend what's been a maddening status quo.

jw

Edited by john wawrow