Eric Cantor's worst nightmare

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Wayne Powell for Congress. A man who actually served his country in the U.S. Army for 30 years, 5 years of active duty and 25 years in the Active Reserves. Also has a son who is a Major in the Army serving overseas.

I hope his qualifications go beyond that.

And point of note: Cantor's second-worst nightmare. His worst nightmare is circus clowns.

This is just the kind of Democrat who progressives like you will cry about when he doesn't want to increase the debt ceiling because he's "trying to rein in runaway spending."

Cantor could use a few good Democrats like that.

Edited by LABillzFan

This is just the kind of Democrat who progressives like you will cry about when he doesn't want to increase the debt ceiling because he's "trying to rein in runaway spending."

Cantor could use a few good Democrats like that.

aka an "obstructionist"

Incorrect. Eric Cantor is a reaction to politics breaking down.

In a time where the economy was shrinking at an unheard of 8.9% rate loosing 700,000ish jobs a month in a national freefall ...Cantor rallied the troops after a defeat and before Obama was even sworn in came up with the plan...not the plan to react to this economic crisis...but to react to their political defeat. If the new president is for it, we are against it...keep your fingerprints off everything deny him any bipartisan achievement and bet on the economy the fail b/c it's a good bet since it's truley ****ed...."what's the purpose of the minority party" ... simply put "to become the majority party" and nothing more. That's Cantor for you.

Edited by TheNewBills

It's humorous to see how loony leftists view things. They believe that if you object to their asinine policies, that have without doubt failed the country, you are somehow an obstructionist. I'm glad that their is a party that is completely opposed to virtually everything the president does, because if he had his way, we'd be in worse shape than what we are today.

Obama had full control his first two years, and they passed everything he wanted during that time period, and what do we have to show for it? A ****ty ass economy.

That's the incompetent Obama for you.

In a time where the economy was shrinking at an unheard of 8.9% rate loosing 700,000ish jobs a month in a national freefall ...Cantor rallied the troops after a defeat and before Obama was even sworn in came up with the plan...not the plan to react to this economic crisis...but to react to their political defeat. If the new president is for it, we are against it...keep your fingerprints off everything deny him any bipartisan achievement and bet on the economy the fail b/c it's a good bet since it's truley ****ed...."what's the purpose of the minority party" ... simply put "to become the majority party" and nothing more. That's Cantor for you.

Horseshit. Just because you can't fathom anyone being genuinely opposed to the administrations proposed "solutions" does not mean they were being obstructionist for the sake of being obstructionist. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It's humorous to see how loony leftists view things. They believe that if you object to their asinine policies, that have without doubt failed the country, you are somehow an obstructionist. I'm glad that their is a party that is completely opposed to virtually everything the president does, because if he had his way, we'd be in worse shape than what we are today.

Obama had full control his first two years, and they passed everything he wanted during that time period, and what do we have to show for it? A ****ty ass economy.

That's the incompetent Obama for you.

If we had passed the GOP $478B stimulus we would be better off? Or if we passed the second proposed $715B GOP stimulus we would be better? The two stimulus plans that were completely different from each other other than both being a bit different from Obama's? While many GOP complained there was not enough infrastructure they managed to sit there and have 3/4ths of their party vote for a plan w/ literally no infrastructure stimulus...and then 3/4ths for one w/ more than Obama...for a party that thinks they are ideologically superior they certainly aren't governed by principle when opposing Obama.

Horseshit.

Actually true.

Edited by TheNewBills

We'd be better off for having passed no stimulus at all. You know how that money was spent in Rhode Island? It stop gaped the state budget deficit, putting off much needed pension reforms. It created unnecessary make busy work for unnecessary state workers , doing things like putting in sidewalks in gated communities where sidewalks are unused and unnecessary. I was even fortunate enough to get a huge, hideous orange sign on my property which read that the whole !@#$ing mess this turned my front yard into was brought to me by the federal government.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

We'd be better off for having passed no stimulus at all. You know how that money was spent in Rhode Island? It stop gapped the state budget deficit, putting off much needed pension reforms. It created unnessecary make busy work for unnessecary state workers , doing things like putting in sidewalks in gated communities where sidewalks are unused and unnessecary.

I disagree with the sidewalks in gated communities. They are necessary and used but should be paid for with the communites HOA like ours was.

I disagree with the sidewalks in gated communities. They are necessary and used but should be paid for with the communites HOA like ours was.

We don't have a HOA. If there was one, I never would have bought the property. And trust me, there is absolutely no need for sidewalks. Litterally a multi-million dollar waste project.

Horseshit. Just because you can't fathom anyone being genuinely opposed to the administrations proposed "solutions" does not mean they were being obstructionist for the sake of being obstructionist.

The strategy was purely political...this is history there is no secret Cantor took over as whip realized it didn't matter what they did b/c they had become communicators and not legislators at that point so they decided to communicate complete dissatisfaction despite GOP economic advisers recommending 500-700 billion in stimulus, keep all hands off cooperation so they could deny bipartisan shield and when things continued to falter as they were sure to do no matter what they would then turn it into a victory.

Literally realized the best political strategy was to stand on the sideline and B word. And that they did. And it worked politically. It did nothing to help America. This was what the GOP was doing in late 2008/early 2009...sideline bitching the political positioning in the middle of a crisis.

The strategy was purely political...this is history there is no secret Cantor took over as whip realized it didn't matter what they did b/c they had become communicators and not legislators at that point so they decided to communicate complete dissatisfaction despite GOP economic advisers recommending 500-700 billion in stimulus, keep all hands off cooperation so they could deny bipartisan shield and when things continued to falter as they were sure to do no matter what they would then turn it into a victory.

Literally realized the best political strategy was to stand on the sideline and B word. And that they did. And it worked politically. It did nothing to help America. This was what the GOP was doing in late 2008/early 2009...sideline bitching the political positioning in the middle of a crisis.

Which is much preferable to stimulus spending.

Which is much preferable to stimulus spending.

Stimulus in a time of depression wasn't even controversial until January '09...IDK what happened there can't quite put my finger on it but something changed...now we have insane people like you running around denying what independent studies by many economists including former McCain aides, Banks, and others say....w/ out the stimulus we'd be worse off plain and simple and both parties would have done one.