Cause for Concern

phillyrich

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still concerned with the offense, especially the OL, but I don't think that people here are giving enough credit to the Steelers. I mean, they had the #1 defense in the NFL last season and are among the best every season. The Bills starters made some plays, picked up some first downs and scored a TD. Decent performance, not great, but did you really expect the Bills to light it up vs Pittsburgh's defense?

Edited by vincec

Concerns? Yeah just a few:

1) Fitz. Looks like the same QB we saw the second half of last season. Inaccurate, confused by a 3-4 D, flustered when pressured. The difference between Fitz and a great QB like Big Ben is stark.

2) Our vaulted D line was simply not a factor on the last drive of the half. Wannstache was schooled by LeBeau.

3) Aaron Williams is not the answer at corner. Speed receivers will eat him alive.

4) Oline better learn to handle a blitz or Vince Young will be playing a plenty.

Preseason is only preseason and I'm always cautious to read too much into it. But the shortcomings of the passing game (point #1) are impossible to ignore.

Our D won't be Top Five but it will be much improved from last year. Our running game will be fine as long as everyone stays healthy. But our passing game has not looked good at all.

Is it to early to start the "Who will be the Bills head coach in 2013" threads.

Quarterbacking and play calling have me concerned going into the season.

I think we all know that Fitz isn't the guy (although I would love to think he is).

I don't believe that Gailey is the guy either (Chan please prove me wrong).

Preseason has not gotten me excited about the regular season though I am looking forward to it.

As an O linemen I can tell you that pass protection improves from allowing O linemen to go out and punish D linemen in the runninggame.......

Want to see balls not being batted down? Make the D Linemen defend THEMSELVES for a while instead of being the attackers

John again I didn't watch last night and as always I value your comments/observations...

I am assuming this post is because we didn't do that last night? If that is the case, do you think this again could be Gailey/OL coach requesting them to be more restrained to focus on a specific technique or other skill? I ask this specifically when Urbick shifts to C and Reinhart jumps in at Guard, plus with Glenn being a Rookie due to in experience and Urbik playing out of position....

As an O linemen I can tell you that pass protection improves from allowing O linemen to go out and punish D linemen in the runninggame.......

Want to see balls not being batted down? Make the D Linemen defend THEMSELVES for a while instead of being the attackers

If you ever have played D on any level, you know JFH is dead nuts here. You pound the D with the run and there's not a lot in the tank to pass rush.