Vince Young, What do you make of it?

BillsLux

I don't know how a guy can go from playing so soundly as Philly's back up a year ago to this. Given he wasn't a world beater there for sure but he was as good as a back up could be for the most part, he kept them in the playoff contention up until the final week. I'm willing to give him some time to master the playbook. Luckily, he's not our starter so we have the ability to give him that kind of time.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a mistake it was giving him a lock on starting QB. He looks lost and figured out by the defense....no surprise given his limitations. We need to see what young can do with the first team, and not having to enter the game when the teams already behind.

Behind? 7 points? At the start of the second half? And go throw a INT? Yeah he will be alright.

VY couldn't look less interested if he was trying to play while in a coma. His body language says it all. He just looks like he'd rather be anywhere else at the moment.

GO BILLS!!!

+1. That's been his problem ever since he was benched by Fisher.

I didn't notice what you're talking about with regards to body language. The whole 2nd offensive unit seemed wild, or not in sync. I think that Young made some plays out of nothing, which was good. He also missed a pass or two, not counting the interceptions, which were the bad part.

VY couldn't look less interested if he was trying to play while in a coma. His body language says it all. He just looks like he'd rather be anywhere else at the moment.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd venture that he thinks he's a starter and still frustrated by his career. It's got to be hard for a guy that identified as a national champion, expected a HOF career after his hot start to be running with the 2s and 3s these days.

Ugh that sounds even worse, Young just doesn't have it.

I see a guy that can make all the throws, scramble, and is tall and has vision enough to see the whole field. I rate what he can do a lot more than what he did do at this point. How people are concluding "he's done" is beyond me for a guy who's still learning the playbook and taking the field with 2nd and 3rd stringers. If he's done because he threw a pick then Peyton manning is even more so given the mulitple picks and no TDs he has thus far in preseason.

I see a guy that can make all the throws, scramble, and is tall and has vision enough to see the whole field. I rate what he can do a lot more than what he did do at this point. How people are concluding "he's done" is beyond me for a guy who's still learning the playbook and taking the field with 2nd and 3rd stringers. If he's done because he threw a pick then Peyton manning is even more so given the mulitple picks and no TDs he has thus far in preseason.

I had no idea his mom posted here. Did you co-sign on that 1.7 million loan also?

The problem with Vince is he just can't read defenses so I don't it matters how much he learns of the playbook.

Petyton might be in trouble too if his arm doesn't get better soon, he has been throwing some ducks out there in the games I've seen.

I think he is a good long thrower. He sideline passes seem not to have much zip on them. Both his INT's were to the sideline.

VY has some talent but he is not a complete QB.

Think Chan can game plan for him. But he missed some easy throws tonight plays in which a NFL QB has to make.

Worry big time if Fitz goes down for a few weeks.

nope, Fitz is leading the charge for his replacement, Casey Pachall.

Fitz would make a great back up but the rest of our QBs need to go. Couldn't we have grabbed Nick Foles to Develop at least his he has the size and arm of a NFL QB.

Someone being honest....and 100% correct.

Two things I saw tonight about Fitz really bothered me - and I don't know if it will change come regular season. There was a play in the second quarter, a little before mid-field, a pass play, the line started to break down, and Fitz tucks the ball and actually ducks down like he's going to get hit - but no one was near him! He stood back up a second later, was confused a second more, and then took off trying to run, and got sacked. He got hit quite a few times tonight after releasing the ball - and, I'm now beginning to wonder if he isn't also a little shell shocked? If he can't handle pressure, we're in trouble.

Second, he was way off on passes that just shouldn't have been missed. You look at Rothlisberger - and I don't like him, by the way - but, he takes his team down the field, a team missing some real talented players, and he's hitting recievers when he has an inch to hit them. Even Leftwich came in and made nice throws. Sure, they missed on some hurried passes, too. Rothlisberger, and other GOOD QB's, don't miss open recievers very often, though. Fitz does. That is troublesome - it was last year, and I was really hoping Lee would help change that, but now I'm less sure.

As for Young - he does make mistakes, but he also chucks that ball! Man, it's nice to see some passes, which look totally effortless for him, sailing 30 yards in the air, or more. He likes to go deep - and, although it hasn't worked a lot, it is nice to see it again.

Edited by sllib olaffub

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, his body language looked terrible after he threw the INT and chased down the CB from across the filed to prevent the TD. Some of you on here hated him from day one so a post like this is not suprising. He was playing behind the BACKUP OL, and had BACKUP WR'S. Let's see what he can do with the STARTERS in. He can make better throws than the beloved Fitz (loosing record as starter), has better vision than Fitz, and dosen't go into the fetal position when rushed. In fact, he extended the play on a few drives with his running skills. He threw some bad passes, but he gets BACKUP reps in practice. I think he's fine as the backup QB, and if Fitz keeps stinking it up (no way to sugar coat it people, he has STUNK since the first half of last year. No broken rib excuse this time) he will be the starter. Love it, hate it, that's the fact. This FO royally messed up by again not drafting a QB.

Yeah, his body language looked terrible after he threw the INT and chased down the CB from across the filed to prevent the TD. Some of you on here hated him from day one so a post like this is not suprising. He was playing behind the BACKUP OL, and had BACKUP WR'S. Let's see what he can do with the STARTERS in. He can make better throws than the beloved Fitz (loosing record as starter), has better vision than Fitz, and dosen't go into the fetal position when rushed. In fact, he extended the play on a few drives with his running skills. He threw some bad passes, but he gets BACKUP reps in practice. I think he's fine as the backup QB, and if Fitz keeps stinking it up (no way to sugar coat it people, he has STUNK since the first half of last year. No broken rib excuse this time) he will be the starter. Love it, hate it, that's the fact. This FO royally messed up by again not drafting a QB.

Good to know he can chase down his INT's. That's what I look for in a QB.

GO BILLS!!!

Lombardi and W Sapp were talking about VY on that show that covers tonight's 3 games.

Lombardi (I think) said the trouble with Young is "he doesn't like football".

EDIT: it was Warren Sapp that said it. The statement has even more credibility coming from a player IMO.

Ouch. Also talked about how Andy Reid had turned Kevin Kolb into a tradable commodity (and fleeced the Cardinals in the process), but Andy could not do the same for Vince Young.

That would seem like an insurmountable hurdle for becoming an NFL QB, if you simply don't like football.

Maybe Thigpen will play the whole 4th game, just to see if there is any life left in him.

Yikes. What a shame to waste all Young's physical skills on a guy who would prefer to be doing some different job...

Edited by Dennis in AZ

Two things I saw tonight about Fitz really bothered me - and I don't know if it will change come regular season. There was a play in the second quarter, a little before mid-field, a pass play, the line started to break down, and Fitz tucks the ball and actually ducks down like he's going to get hit - but no one was near him! He stood back up a second later, was confused a second more, and then took off trying to run, and got sacked. He got hit quite a few times tonight after releasing the ball - and, I'm now beginning to wonder if he isn't also a little shell shocked? If he can't handle pressure, we're in trouble.

Second, he was way off on passes that just shouldn't have been missed. You look at Rothlisberger - and I don't like him, by the way - but, he takes his team down the field, a team missing some real talented players, and he's hitting recievers when he has an inch to hit them. Even Leftwich came in and made nice throws. Sure, they missed on some hurried passes, too. Rothlisberger, and other GOOD QB's, don't miss open recievers very often, though. Fitz does. That is troublesome - it was last year, and I was really hoping Lee would help change that, but now I'm less sure.

As for Young - he does make mistakes, but he also chucks that ball! Man, it's nice to see some passes, which look totally effortless for him, sailing 30 yards in the air, or more. He likes to go deep - and, although it hasn't worked a lot, it is nice to see it again.

I sat next to a doctor and he thinks Fitz has a mild case of Edwardstosis. Apparently there is no cure even if caught early.

Lombardi and W Sapp were talking about VY on that show that covers tonight's 3 games.

Lombardi (I think) said the trouble with Young is "he doesn't like football".

Ouch. Also talked about how Andy Reid had turned Kevin Kolb into a tradable commodity (and fleeced the Cardinals in the process), but Andy could not do the same for Vince Young.

That would seem like an insurmountable hurdle for becoming an NFL QB, if you simply don't like football.

Maybe Thigpen will play the whole 4th game, just to see if there is any life left in him.

Yikes. What a shame to waste all Young's physical skills on a guy who would prefer to be doing some different job...

I guess the question is, does he not like football or does he not like what's become of his football career?

It seemed he liked being on top but has been soured by his experience?

Good to know he can chase down his INT's. That's what I look for in a QB.

Would you have preferred he sat there and pouted like most QB's? My point, which you clearly missed, was in response to the fact that someone said he looked "disinterested." If a QB is disinterested, he does not chase a player from the other side of the field. Plenty if not most QB's who throw INT's don't.

Edited by RyanC883