WGR 550AM-Lack of Bills talk and the epic discussion about olives

to each their own. me, i can do without. and ever since moving to Buffalo, a good old pepperoni and cheese does the trick. ... and puh-leeze, don't get me started with the whole pineapple sacrilege. ... ;)

jw

Pineapple is good for on pizza but it needs by someone who understands the recipe and only place I have seen it is in Hawaii where fresh sliced pineapple and real Canadian bacon was used. Both the pineapple and Canadian bacon were browned and part of top of pizza not just thrown in. Got a Hawaiian pizza with diced pineapple and luncheon meat ham once and I told server that I did not order a deli pizza and if they did not have a Hawaiian pizza I'd order something else.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the few people like you, who make posting on this board difficult, because it's quite obvious you assume to know the answers, can easily tell me what to do in the convenience of anonymity under the pretense that you have a true bone to pick because, you have a keyboard and an internet connection, and a conspiracy theory that the sky is falling and the worst is yet to come.

don't condescend to me by suggesting what i should and should not do, or suggest to know what i know or don't. and please stop your attempts to provoke me any further because it's an exercise in futility given that i have no respect for you or your opinion given how you came out of the gate attempting to pick a fight by making unsubstantiated allegations and blowhard accusations.

first off, you don't even have a grasp of the facts, because you seem blindly unaware of when the lease actually does expire. it's july 2013. and what proof do you have that the lease negotiations are at "a severe stand-still." Cuomo has finally taken the first step by hiring a point man, and there's no reason to suggest -- or fear-monger, as i allege you are doing -- that there won't be progress in the weeks and months to come.

as for all the other so-called "points" you pretend to make, it's useless to repeat myself. the third preseason game is regarded as the most lucrative, and it's the one that was essentially sold to Rogers as part of the deal. and you're suggestion that i got this information regarding Springsteen from Russ is so far from reality that it underlines how little you pretend to know.

and i hope you're not asking me to reveal sources, here.

go tilt at your windmill alone, or better yet, ask Russ Brandon the questions yourself since you have all the questions and answers all wrapped up in one tidy little bow, and report back to us your findings.

jw

I told Wowrow the lease talks were at a standstill and he tried to say otherwise. Gaughn's story in the Buffalo News confirms it. This is WAY more important than arguing about how bad the team is on the field.

And I'll tell Wowrow again: Go out and do some journalism !

it's the few people like you, who make posting on this board difficult, because it's quite obvious you assume to know the answers, can easily tell me what to do in the convenience of anonymity under the pretense that you have a true bone to pick because, you have a keyboard and an internet connection, and a conspiracy theory that the sky is falling and the worst is yet to come.

don't condescend to me by suggesting what i should and should not do, or suggest to know what i know or don't. and please stop your attempts to provoke me any further because it's an exercise in futility given that i have no respect for you or your opinion given how you came out of the gate attempting to pick a fight by making unsubstantiated allegations and blowhard accusations.

first off, you don't even have a grasp of the facts, because you seem blindly unaware of when the lease actually does expire. it's july 2013. and what proof do you have that the lease negotiations are at "a severe stand-still." Cuomo has finally taken the first step by hiring a point man, and there's no reason to suggest -- or fear-monger, as i allege you are doing -- that there won't be progress in the weeks and months to come.

as for all the other so-called "points" you pretend to make, it's useless to repeat myself. the third preseason game is regarded as the most lucrative, and it's the one that was essentially sold to Rogers as part of the deal. and you're suggestion that i got this information regarding Springsteen from Russ is so far from reality that it underlines how little you pretend to know.

and i hope you're not asking me to reveal sources, here.

go tilt at your windmill alone, or better yet, ask Russ Brandon the questions yourself since you have all the questions and answers all wrapped up in one tidy little bow, and report back to us your findings.

jw

Hey jw:

Admit I wasn't "tilting at windmills" or fear mongering. Admit you were WRONG or remain in hiding like you have the last three weeks.

I'm reporting back that my findings were 110% correct, now you report back to me !

JW

Dude let it go.

You really searched for this thread just to say "I told you so?"

Have some respect for the professionals who take the time to post here.

John Wawrow--Ignore this. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say thank you for taking the time to post here and we value your contributions to this site.

CBF

I remember this one time about 8 months ago, when the weatherman said it was going to snow, and I said: no way, it is not going to snow. Guess what, it didn't snow, and I was right. I was going to write my letter to the station telling them about it, but i forgot.

Hey jw:

Admit I wasn't "tilting at windmills" or fear mongering. Admit you were WRONG or remain in hiding like you have the last three weeks.

I'm reporting back that my findings were 110% correct, now you report back to me !

JW

let's get a few things straight, here, bubba. i need not admit that i'm wrong when it's obvious we disagree. and just because we disagree doesn't mean one side's wrong. you can continue peddling your opinions -- because that's really all you've posited here -- and i can come back with what i know and let things be at that.

and when it comes to lease talks, i thought your big issue was in regards to why the Toronto game was given back to Buffalo. sorry, it's all a little confusing trying to keep your points straight.

as for me being in hiding, don't get so full of yourself. just because i've not responded to your pithy catcalls could also mean that i have other things to do with my life than wait with baited breath for your next predictable and obtuse retort. bubba, some of us have lives to lead and they, for some strange reason, just don't happen to revolve around you. go figure that, despite your own 110 percent claims, that some here might actually be capable of being immune from the large gravitational pull of your ego.

plus, i happen to have a job, which some here think i do a make a pretty good attempt at doing in providing information by interviewing people, quoting them, and giving whatever perspective i might have in my attempt to seek the truth, however wrong you might find it to be. i'm one person, doing a simple task, and i'm not exactly sure why i must be knocked for it.

i have not always been right, and have never claimed to be, but at least i write stories on the basis of what i'm told and manage to dig up rather than deal in speculation, heresay and blind baloney. and i believe that serves a purpose of some sort, otherwise, i'd probably be just some anonymous person named JoeW on this board pretending to be a bigshot with very little to back it up.

so there, i've reported back to you with claims i believe to be true based on our few encounters.

jw

ADD: at least two people have told me that in negotiations talks occasionally stall, which is natural to negotiations. the Bills currently have the leverage in seeking to get the sweetest deal possible. yes, as Poloncarz noted, and the AP reported, there are obvious concerns that this proposed one-year extension does nothing to secure the team's long-term future as a result of Ralph Wilson's age and health and the uncertainty of what happens after he passes.

yes, that is a concern.

and yet, despite claims by some that the Bills are the only one who have not stated a commitment to keeping the team here, that's accurate. Russ Brandon has on numerous occasions stated that there is a commitment to keep the team in Buffalo for the long-haul.

for what it's worth.

Edited by john wawrow

As I recall, it's the Bills and not the County who funded the engineering study that determined the needed stadium upgrades. Why would a cheap owner who has no intent on the Bills staying do this? What advantage does Ralph get out of this if he isn't dealing in good faith? Could it be that we can just take the Bills at their word that they are working to keep the team viable in WNY?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

This thread and other like it are the problem. Why. Because it means people are still listening to those douchebags. Stop listening all , and we'll get what we want which is Schoop and bulldog into the unemployment line! I quit listening to WGR totally a couple of years ago and am a much happier person for it...

what Roch said. my tuner in my car stopped working about three weeks ago for some reason. i would only listen to GR just to hear the updates (which are poor) and see what the temperature was out in Bills Land. So, no more horrible morning show with the know-it-all but knows not much Jeremy White and the over the hill Howard. No more of what has to be one of the worst shows in history in Schoop and the illiterate, marble-mouthed, cant believe he still has a job, Bulldog. No more of the lame comedy bits by some amateur hack comic producer. No more of the shoddy product they put out.

I would go online, digest the info and on Sunday just judge for myself. It's been refreshing to say the least. My tuner is fixed now but i think i put GR on twice to listen to Murph (who just so out classes everyone else on the station that they should be ashamed) Turn them off. Trust me it can be done and you know your not missing anything.

It may be the worst sportstalk station in the country with a major sport team. And i'm not talking about comparing GR to such top of the line stations as WFAN or KNBR or WSCR. I mean, i drove through Baltimore Wednesday morning and listened to a morning show (105.7?) that was excellent. Sure, there was plenty of Raven and Orioles talk but you know what? It was very good radio.

I listened for 90 minutes. Far longer than I've ever listened to GR. Turn GR off. You won't regret it.

PS- JW, i think you do a very, very good job, but you shouldn't lower yourself to pi##ing matches on here. It looks unprofessional IMHO.

Edited by gomper