Would you feel better about this team if Vick was QB?

mike6683

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would root against the Bills if Vick was their starting QB. Plus, Vick can't complete a full season if he tried. That's the difference between a team making playoffs and not.

Why must we suffer through a Vick thread each season? He's proved he can't get the job done.

I would root against the Bills if Vick was their starting QB. Plus, Vick can't complete a full season if he tried. That's the difference between a team making playoffs and not.

Why must we suffer through a Vick thread each season? He's proved he can't get the job done.

So you are not a Bills fan then since your fanhood is determined by player personnel...got it, thanks.

I am not even going to bother reading the whole thread as its clearly either people using logic or homerism comments like this one above. If anyone thinks Fitz is an actual better QB than VIck, then they are either lying, do not know anything about football, love dogs so much that they refuse to admit anything positive about Vick, or just being a good Bills fan and supporting their QB even though its not true or just wish it was true.

Vick is easily the better QB, and that's just the truth. Now, I am not one of those that thinks Vick is all world or anything. But removing the durability factor, comparing skills to skills and who gives your team the better chance to win, its easily Vick and he has proven that on the field with better performances, playoff victories, and better win/loss record. All Fitz has proven is that he may be the single streakiest QB in the NFL thus far. Maybe he takes big leap forward this year, but at this stage Vick has proven to be the better QB and would be an excellent fit for Chans system.

None of this has anything to do with personal opinion on his character or who they are as people. Straight QB to QB comparison. And news flash, Fitz has not been Mr. Durable either. He missed time his first year as the official starter, he was hurt last year (a common excuse for how bad he played the second half of last year), etc. Durability comparisons, he has been no more durable than Vick.

Bills are a better team with Vick on the field than Fitz, and there really isnt a logical argument that can be made against that as we sit here today. Now maybe Fitz ups his game with his new mechanics coach, but until he proves that on the field, Vick is still the better QB, and I don't even like Vick. But I sure as hell hope Fitz changes this conversation by the end of the year and leads us deep into the playoffs!

PS: Just so its clear, even though I think Vick is clearly the better QB, that doesn't mean I think the gap is huge. If Fitz can learn some consistency and cut down on the head scratching mistakes and turnovers, then this could be a very different conversation.

Edited by Alphadawg7

So you are not a Bills fan then since your fanhood is determined by player personnel...got it, thanks.

I am not even going to bother reading the whole thread as its clearly either people using logic or homerism comments like this one above. If anyone thinks Fitz is an actual better QB than VIck, then they are either lying, do not know anything about football, love dogs so much that they refuse to admit anything positive about Vick, or just being a good Bills fan and supporting their QB even though its not true or just wish it was true.

Vick is easily the better QB, and that's just the truth. Now, I am not one of those that thinks Vick is all world or anything. But removing the durability factor, comparing skills to skills and who gives your team the better chance to win, its easily Vick and he has proven that on the field with better performances, playoff victories, and better win/loss record. All Fitz has proven is that he may be the single streakiest QB in the NFL thus far. Maybe he takes big leap forward this year, but at this stage Vick has proven to be the better QB and would be an excellent fit for Chans system.

None of this has anything to do with personal opinion on his character or who they are as people. Straight QB to QB comparison. And news flash, Fitz has not been Mr. Durable either. He missed time his first year as the official starter, he was hurt last year (a common excuse for how bad he played the second half of last year), etc. Durability comparisons, he has been no more durable than Vick.

Bills are a better team with Vick on the field than Fitz, and there really isnt a logical argument that can be made against that as we sit here today. Now maybe Fitz ups his game with his new mechanics coach, but until he proves that on the field, Vick is still the better QB, and I don't even like Vick. But I sure as hell hope Fitz changes this conversation by the end of the year and leads us deep into the playoffs!

Except the OP specifically states "would you feel better...?".

Except the OP specifically states "would you feel better...?".

Yeah I was mostly responding to the posts I skimmed over in the thread more so than the OP as the thread went into a Vick vs Fitz debate. So to answer the OP question, yes I would feel better if Vick was leading the Bills in terms of wins and losses as well as deep playoff potential. I personally do not like Vick, but on a straight skill evaluation, he would make me feel like we had a better chance to win any given week.

I would have durability concerns given the nature of how he plays, but I have those same concerns with Fitz too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Hmmmmmmm, safe to say then you're not buying the Fitz "rib injury" for the last 9 or so games last year? Because some people believe Fitz didn't get it done and "complete a full season" last year.

Vick would have been better off raping, and murdering children, he would have been forgiven much easier and quicker then doing anything to harm an animal, putting viscous dogs (Pitbulls) against each other People make it sound like he threw shitzus and Pugs out in a pit against a rabid pitbull.

its probably true that somone could get a similar job back after doing something like this and serving their sentence if they moved out of the area and started new. Problem is that many who have any kind of record find it hard to go back to their jobs because of the fact that most places when they do a background check will wonder why you went from a good stock broker job to a 3 year blank on your resume.....

From what I heard, he he did. Apparently they stole people's pets from time to time and fed them to the fight dogs for ***** & giggles.

So basically you dont believe that people can change.. got it.

He's got about 100 million reasons to convince people he's changed.

NO!

He doesn't have Fitz's ability to get the ball out to the open receiver in under 3 seconds.

Vick has a better line,better WR's, better TE. Better scheme, better HC

Fitz has been able to do more with less. Fitz even has about the very same escape ability as Vick. MV just doesn't get the ball out quickly enough to avoid all the hits

Vick has a better line? Line of what sight? You can't possibly be talking about O-line?

Vick is not the super star that the media suggests.. I personallly think I'll take Fitz for the 2012 bills even though vick is definitely a better athelete. Vick can run, fitz was impressive last year with the guts he displayed but is not a natural runner. vick can throw as well as fitz (whom we know is ready for 3 discusting passes a game) Fitz has the brain and moralitlyand vick clearly has none. When it comes down to it, chemistry is everything

Those that dismiss Vick because of morality are ignorant... like half of the players we cheer for aren't guilty of immoral acts. Despite what you may think is redemption... Vick paid what society claimed was redempetion for his disturbing acts

From what I heard, he he did. Apparently they stole people's pets from time to time and fed them to the fight dogs for ***** & giggles.

http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/BadNewzKennels.pdf

Just skimmed this. It's the USDA's investigation. In reference to your above quote, it appears they were his own family's pets.

For those who believe he paid his debt to society, he served time for one count of "Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fight Venture" under federal law.

Had he been charged and convicted in a Virginia court for animal cruelty, for which the law states:

"In Virginia, a first offense that does not result in the death of an animal is a Class 1 misdemeanor, which carries a sentence of twelve months or less and a fine of up to $2500 or both. A person committing a second offense, or if the animal dies as a result of the first offense, is guilty of a Class 6 felony, punishable by up to five years in prison or, in the alternative, a prison sentence of less than a year or a maximum fine of $2500 or both. In addition, the owner of a dog or cat injured or killed as a result of cruelty is entitled to a damage award for the value of the animal or the damage done."

this could have resulted in over 65 years in prison if he was prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (witnessed involvement in over 20 dog fights, and nine "executions").

Personally, I think 18 months and a $5000 fine is a travesty.

So basically you dont believe that people can change.. got it.

Based on previous discussions I'll chime in that i on multiple occasions have seen you give people the benefit of the doubt for what amounts to not being arrested lately.

Mike Vick could be fighting dogs right now and you'd be none the wiser - did he do a PSA on it because he had an epiphany, or was it parole and PR for sponsorship dollars that drove it?

There's no way to really know.

I have seen a hefty amount of arrogance in the man post jail that gives me pause in saying he "gets it" regardless of his views on dogs.

That said, I still think he'd have a better w-l record than fitz, but I'm not wanting to go anywhere near the guy.

Your logic makes no sense what so ever. If you're not famous you'd never get your job back, whether your good at your job or not. Vick wasn't even a mediocre QB before coming to Philly and how do you explain Donte Stallworth? Here. Let's see what happens to me if I run someone over and kill someone. You think I'll be back at my old job or any job making the same kinda money I'm making now? Give me a break.

In fact, in most high paying - often licensed - fields, he'd be pretty damned in getting that license back. A great financial mind wouldn't suddenly become a janitor but he'd be hardpressed to put his degree and resume to work at its highest level ever again. Likewise a doctor, lawyer etc....

Yes, I would feel better if Vick was our QB. Here is why: we have had O line issues for years. A mobile QB can make up (to an extent) this weakness. For example, I am worried about Fitz's blindside seeing as how we are going to have a rookie starting at that position this season. Sorry, but if Fitz is blitzed, he can't outrun the defenders. Vick can.

So who the team's quarterback is determines if you root for the Bills or against them? Guess over the years you have spent more years rooting against them then for them, if you only root for them when they have a QB who can take a team to the playoffs. Jim Kelly had 7 seasons where he didn't play all 16 games, normally because of injury so you must have rooted against him too? I am not a Vick fan, but your post kinda tells us all what type of fan you are. Go Bills and whomever there QB is!!!!!! Root for the Buffalo the helmet not the player inside it.

Hmmmmmmm, safe to say then you're not buying the Fitz "rib injury" for the last 9 or so games last year? Because some people believe Fitz didn't get it done and "complete a full season" last year.

Was it all the rib injury that wasn't even disclosed until after the season or was it just coincidence he sucked 95% of the time after he put pen to paper on the contract extension?

Easily the strongest arm in the league. But he's not a very good QB--even in Atlanta a million years ago he had only a couple of good seasons. He's the most fragile starter in the NFL and he will never be worth whatever it would take to trade for him. He has been the most crazy-hyped player in the last 10 years.

Yes... of course. Even if he's not a very good QB he is still better than Fitzpatrick. Night and day. C'mon man what a question :doh: