Trent Edwards 180..

BillsBiker

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was at that game in Arizona.

We had some sick seats. 12 rows away from the field on the 45 yard line.

I heard and felt that hit. It was horrible. Like watching a pedestrian get crushed by moving automobile.

The worst part is after they carted him off. The Cart actually pulled around to the sideline near the 50 on our side of the field. The trainer got out of the cart and spoke to a coach or someone and left Trent sitting up on the cart, with a second trainer. He was so wobbly and you could tell that no one was home at the time. He was there for probably 5 mins before they continued his cart trip to the tunnel. The Bills fans in the section were all worried about him after that. Even the Arizona fans seemed worried when they looked at him.

Trent Edwards truly never recovered from that hit.

I for one, was never a fan of Trent's. I was a JP fan and still feel that he had more potential but just needed some time with better coaching. I did meet Trent at the Hall-of-Fame game a few years ago and he was very nice so I'll never wish anything bad on him. Years ago, I bet my brother that JP would end up having a better NFL career than Trent. It seems the more that Trent plays, the worse he gets so I may win the bet yet. Is JP in the Canadian league now?

I heard and felt that hit. It was horrible. Like watching a pedestrian get crushed by moving automobile.

The worst part is after they carted him off. The Cart actually pulled around to the sideline near the 50 on our side of the field. The trainer got out of the cart and spoke to a coach or someone and left Trent sitting up on the cart, with a second trainer. He was so wobbly and you could tell that no one was home at the time. He was there for probably 5 mins before they continued his cart trip to the tunnel. The Bills fans in the section were all worried about him after that. Even the Arizona fans seemed worried when they looked at him.

We must have been sitting right next to each other.. I was in the 12th row at the 50 yard line on the visitors side right behind the bills bench.

We must have been sitting right next to each other.. I was in the 12th row at the 50 yard line on the visitors side right behind the bills bench.

Yes, we were.

Were you at your seats when Trent Edwards career ended?

I'll grant you that it was a horrific hit, but Trent was no worse after the hit than he was before. He sucked from day one. He was always "Captain Checkdown". He was simply overrated by fans who where unhappy with JP and were excited because Trent completed a bunch of consecutive passes (albeit for 2 yards each). Also don't forget that the best game of Trent's career came after the AZ hit. So many people love to make the case that the hit changed his career. I don't believe so. It may have made him even more gun-shy than he already was, but that is about it.

BTW - I still laugh hysterically when I listen to the "Trent Edwards Parody" song from WGR. You have to look it up on Youtube if you've never heard it. One of the funniest things I've ever heard.

By the way, King Dunlap is an ENORMOUS individual.

Yes… he's much bigger than Prince Amukamura and I doubt anyone would try dunking him in the cold tank.

Trent did take a major shot against the Cards… so strange that he had one of the best games of his career against the Chargers in his very next game.

Still can't make sense of that sequence of events.

Yes… he's much bigger than Prince Amukamura and I doubt anyone would try dunking him in the cold tank.

Trent did take a major shot against the Cards… so strange that he had one of the best games of his career against the Chargers in his very next game.

Still can't make sense of that sequence of events.

Its known as "inconsistent"

Well, except for the Chargers game right after the Cardinals game. Edwards was 25-30 for 261 and a TD. Never understood that. Weird.

Really freaking weird come to think of it. That game might have been his defining moment as a Buffalo Bill as he ran around the stadium smiling as he was giving fans high-fives.

Good luck to him, just glad he's elsewhere.

Edited by stony

Nothing hurt Edwards more than Jauron's incessant mantra of "no negative plays." That's all well and good and generally it's solid advice. But Jauron was so fanatical about it that after a while, Edwards was taking ANY positive play vs. the better positive play more often than not.

GO BILLS!!!

Nothing hurt Edwards more than Jauron's incessant mantra of "no negative plays." That's all well and good and generally it's solid advice. But Jauron was so fanatical about it that after a while, Edwards was taking ANY positive play vs. the better positive play more often than not.

GO BILLS!!!

I've heard that as a result of Jauron's coaching that Trent now compulsively balances his checkbook every night.

Well, except for the Chargers game right after the Cardinals game. Edwards was 25-30 for 261 and a TD. Never understood that. Weird.

Really freaking weird come to think of it. That game might have been his defining moment as a Buffalo Bill as he ran around the stadium smiling as he was giving fans high-fives.

Good luck to him, just glad he's elsewhere.

I know.It does seem weird. But if you understand the physiology of concussions...and have worked with people who have had concussions--then it really isn't that weird. Its a very standard pattern. There is healing...but a very fragile one--like an eggshell -and the person feels good and can perform activities well.But the mistake so often made is that the person returns to activity while the healed area surrounding the brain is not yet strong. They may go back to that construction job, go play a game of touch football..or even go wrestle in a high school match. The healing is disrupted and problems can develope at the blood brain barrier(and this can take a few days after the activity to manifest).Then the concussion symptoms become worse than ever--even after a seemingly successful return to activity.

I've heard that as a result of Jauron's coaching that Trent now compulsively balances his checkbook every night.

Checkbook. Checkdown. I see what you did there.

But yeah, Jauron would have me talking like Ray from Rain Man half the time. Great defensive coach but he needs to stay away from all Qbs.

GO BILLS!!!

Also those with youthful enthusiasm and people who exhibit verve and charisma.

Or those who register more than a pulse beat per minute and don't resemble the extras from The Walking Dead.

GO BILLS!!!

I know.It does seem weird. But if you understand the physiology of concussions...and have worked with people who have had concussions--then it really isn't that weird. Its a very standard pattern. There is healing...but a very fragile one--like an eggshell -and the person feels good and can perform activities well.But the mistake so often made is that the person returns to activity while the healed area surrounding the brain is not yet strong. They may go back to that construction job, go play a game of touch football..or even go wrestle in a high school match. The healing is disrupted and problems can develope at the blood brain barrier(and this can take a few days after the activity to manifest).Then the concussion symptoms become worse than ever--even after a seemingly successful return to activity.

I now remember that you had explained this once before. My memory isn't what it used to be… and I fly into rages at times… and have dark thoughts.

Or those who register more than a pulse beat per minute and don't resemble the extras from The Walking Dead.

GO BILLS!!!

Or those… wait. I can't top that one.

I had a pathological desire to stay up last night in hopes of catching Trent Edwards in an acutal game situation for the first time since he was cut from the Bills.

No, I can't explain it, and I'm paying for having stayed up until the Fourth Quarter. But be that as it may, I have to say that I wanted to see him succeed. I wanted him to shove it up the collective @$$ of everyone on this board that derided him for not being able to have the "stones" to throw the damn thing down the field, consequences-be-damned.

It didn't happen. It...just...didn't...happen. And I started to realize that it had nothing to do with "executing the play that's been called". That excuse works when you're 3 months into the NFL, and you're trying not to be a bouncer next week at Clancey's Bar. When you're five years into the league, it's pre-season, the entire quarter is YOURS - because you're the veteran quarterback out there among 21-year-old receivers and backs who are DESPERATE for a chance to get their hands on the ball so as to make the team...

YOU F-ING HEAVE IT. You HEAVE it as far as your arm will allow.

Goodbye, Trent. Thanks for closing the chapter. Goodbye.