Akin

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Republicans want to take away the right of woman to control her own body, what's next ? Burka's?

I'm all for women controlling their own bodies (except when I'm involved :devil: ) but when pregnant it's no longer just her body. A body is forming inside. Any argument trying to refute this is one based on 40 or 50 years of liberal conditioning of society. Human life so devalued that a women's right to convenience and perceived independence over rides another individuals life. Really twisted if you think about it.

If Republicans want to take away the right of woman to control her own body, what's next ? Burka's?

That's a good little progressive; create a ridiculous meme, take it to a ridiculous extreme, tie it to a particular group, and then go running home like the whiny little B word you have become.

You'd think with the recent contributions from BillsFan-4-Ever, you'd take a break so someone else could be the board's biggest dumbass.

But no.

Edited by LABillzFan

I'm all for women controlling their own bodies (except when I'm involved :devil: ) but when pregnant it's no longer just her body. A body is forming inside. Any argument trying to refute this is one based on 40 or 50 years of liberal conditioning of society. Human life so devalued that a women's right to convenience and perceived independence over rides another individuals life. Really twisted if you think about it.

What "individual"?

What "individual"?

The life that is started by being pregnant I consider a individual. I guess this is one of those issues that there is no grey area for me. Life starts at conception. From that perspective there is clear right and wrong. I assume you would argue that life does not start at that point and on that we will never agree.

"Democrats aim to be inclusive," blurts the headline in Amy Gardner's 5-paragraph item on how the Democratic convention "will feature a long list of female speakers and a slew of activities designed to make it the most inclusive convention in history, organizers announced Wednesday."

Gardner went on to note that Sandra Fluke and "women from many other walks of life" will take to the podium, such as NARAL Pro-Choice America president Nancy Keenan, Caroline Kennedy, and actress Eva Longoria. Gardner left out that Cecile Richards of Planned Parenthood was also announced as a speaker, and that Keenan served on this year's platform drafting committee, which shot down an effort by Democrats for Life of America to add "big tent" language to the platform. Somehow a handful of pro-choice speakers addressing contraception and abortion is diversity to the Washington Post.

When it comes to diversity of opinion on abortion, the Democratic convention wants anything but. Fortunately for them, liberal papers like the Washington Post don't seem to think that's news, much less a problem.

The life that is started by being pregnant I consider a individual. I guess this is one of those issues that there is no grey area for me. Life starts at conception. From that perspective there is clear right and wrong. I assume you would argue that life does not start at that point and on that we will never agree.

I wouldn't argue either way, actually. I'd just ask you to prove it before you required me to agree.

Sucks. Won't pay for my chiropractor.

just had a good read on the canadian chiropractor situation. http://www.drkenmuel...June16FINAL.pdf. If it makes you feel any better we just paid $12,000 on the birth of our second child.

I see you have Gianluigi Buffon as your avatar. Being a former goalkeeper myself I must admit my right hip and back have good and bad days.

As a political economist I find it interesting that Canadians support National Health Care 86.2%! http://www.pnhp.org/...shows_canad.php. This polls very similar to Americans feelings on Social Security - 92% say this is a very important government program. http://assets.aarp.o...curity_75th.pdf

Edited by BiggieScooby

just had a good read on the canadian chiropractor situation. http://www.drkenmuel...June16FINAL.pdf. If it makes you feel any better we just paid $12,000 on the birth of our second child.

I see you have Gianluigi Buffon as your avatar. Being a former goalkeeper myself I must admit my right hip and back have good and bad days.

As a political economist I find it interesting that Canadians support National Health Care 86.2%! http://www.pnhp.org/...shows_canad.php. This polls very similar to Americans feelings on Social Security - 92% say this is a very important government program. http://assets.aarp.o...curity_75th.pdf

I don't live in Ontario, I live in Quebec. Ontario is booming, Quebec is going down the toilet.

That being said, I have consistently explained my positions on Canadian healthcare. I don't support a fully private system but what we have here in Canada is grossly underfunded and extremely inefficient (something not surprising of the public sector).

I've went the private route when the public option is forcing me to wait months for tests. Also, whatever you paid on the birth of your second child is peanuts to what I'm paying in tax dollars to fund a system that still makes me wait a long time to get to see a doctor.

Also with regards to the chiropractor, my private work funded insurance pays for that.

I wouldn't argue either way, actually. I'd just ask you to prove it before you required me to agree.

I'm not sure how to prove it scientifically. I feel like once a women is pregnant life is set in motion. Chef's right. We could go round and round.

Funny reading now that the Dems plans to make their convention a full-court press about the GOP War On Women.

I understand how they have nothing good to say about Obama's accomplishments on a day to day basis, but you'd THINK the convention would at least be an opportunity to suggest their plans for the next four years.

But no. War on women. Abortion. Sandra Fluke as a speaker. Wow. I guess the plan for the next four years is more of the same. High unemployment. Struggling economy. Another four trillion in debt. No budgets. GM going bankrupt. Houses being foreclosed on. And non-stop finger-pointing and divisiveness.

Obama/Biden 2012: We Got Nuthin.

Edited by LABillzFan

That's a good little progressive; create a ridiculous meme, take it to a ridiculous extreme, tie it to a particular group, and then go running home like the whiny little B word you have become.

The fact that you can make a statement like this with (I assume) a straight face and not recognize just how ironic it is, provides the perfect illustration as to why I find this forum absolutely hillarious.

Funny reading now that the Dems plans to make their convention a full-court press about the GOP War On Women.

I understand how they have nothing good to say about Obama's accomplishments on a day to day basis, but you'd THINK the convention would at least be an opportunity to suggest their plans for the next four years.

But no. War on women. Abortion. Sandra Fluke as a speaker. Wow. I guess the plan for the next four years is more of the same. High unemployment. Struggling economy. Another four trillion in debt. No budgets. GM going bankrupt. Houses being foreclosed on. And non-stop finger-pointing and divisiveness.

Most pathetic campaign ever by the most pathetic disaster of a president ever. So what exactly is the "war on women" based on? Not wanting to supply free condoms? If you want to talk about a war on women look no further than their keynote speaker at the democratic convention. Bubba Clinton.. Alleged rape. Sexual harassment.. Hell the guy was impeached because obstruction of justice in the Paula Jones deal. And this scum is a keynote speaker? Tells you all you need to know about not only the judgement of the Dems but their collective moral compass.They could care a less about his severely tainted past.

<p>

I stand correctedObama's mandate if he wins the election would be to make abortions legal and free contraceptives for everyone!