Marcus Easley....the new James Hardy

K-Gun10

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that sees this but Marcus and the injuries and the lack of play just makes me think of James Hardy ; an athlete that just doesn't seem to be the answer.

Anyone else think this way

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that sees this but Marcus and the injuries and the lack of play just makes me think of James Hardy ; an athlete that just doesn't seem to be the answer.

Anyone else think this way

I see where you're going with this, but let's cross our fingers and wait to see how this season pans out before we start making James Hardy comparisons. Sheesh!!

I thought Easley was a lock but now I'm wondering if Roosevelt is making himself too valuable? They guy knows the offense and catches anything thrown to him.

PTR

It sounds like Hagen has impressed Gailey as well. The question becomes does Easley make the roster based on size, speed and potential? Or does Roosevelt make it based on past performance?

Besides I would hate to see Roosevelt in a Pats uniform.

Not sure why Easley was/is hyped so much. I have been saying this for the past 6 months and have continually taken heat for it. He was a 4th round pick out of UCONN with minimal experience even at the college level. He has been on the IR for 2 years and has shown very little in terms of "on field ability". He is EASILY (no pun intended) one of the most over hyped Buffalo Bills of all time as people seem to view him as the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice and the answer to the issue of the #2 WR.

If you are looking for the feel good story on the Bills, root for HAGAN. He, at one point, was considered a 1st round draft pick, set all kinds of records at Arizona State and at least has a decent amount of NFL experience. Yes he has been on 4 teams in 7 years, but he has also had 6 OC's during that span as well.

I am not saying HAGAN is the answer, but he has a history to base "potential" off of.

Edited by Booger

I thought Easley was a lock but now I'm wondering if Roosevelt is making himself too valuable? They guy knows the offense and catches anything thrown to him.

PTR

sure, if you want ANOTHER wideout on this team that cant run a 9 route or get openmore than ten yards downfield

It sounds like Hagen has impressed Gailey as well. The question becomes does Easley make the roster based on size, speed and potential? Or does Roosevelt make it based on past performance?

Besides I would hate to see Roosevelt in a Pats uniform.

I do think a Bills WR cut, whoever it is, will get signed by the Pats.

PTR

Not sure why Easley was/is hyped so much. I have been saying this for the past 6 months and have continually taken heat for it. He was a 4th round pick out of UCONN with minimal experience even at the college level. He has been on the IR for 2 years and has shown very little in terms of "on field ability". He is EASILY (no pun intended) one of the most over hyped Buffalo Bills of all time as people seem to view him as the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice and the answer to the issue of the #2 WR.

If you are looking for the feel good story on the Bills, root for HAGAN. He, at one point, was considered a 1st round draft pick, set all kinds of records at Arizona State and at least has a decent amount of NFL experience. Yes he has been on 4 teams in 7 years, but he has also had 6 OC's during that span as well.

I am not saying HAGAN is the answer, but he has a history to base "potential" off of.

The only place Easley is hyped is on this board. The national Media would have to check their guide to see what position he plays. Many here believe if the Bills sign you you're golden or better. Just not the case.

Edited by Best Player Available

well this his third year and after watching him in camp and that game his routes are not good and he looks like he's guessing instead of knowing where to go

Funny you say that. I have heard people on this board say..."he has been running mental routes" while on the IR the past 2 years. That he was up to speed with the offense since he has been able to "sit back and study it".

Goes to show the lack of football knowledge and the fact that so many fans cannot be honest about players on the Bills. Its "ok" to admit concern, criticize, or question a player on the Bills. They have not made the playoffs in 12 years for crying out loud. Demand a little more.

I'm sure that if there's nothing worth developing any more, then Channix will part ways...when we get to cut down date I"m sure it'll be clear what they think of him.

its like the fanbase has decided this guy is good when he has done nothing

I hear you. You have to earn cred on the field in the NFL. Having a cool name, high draft status, and looking good on spot clips from college don't mean a thing. Some poster last year likened Easely to Eric Moulds. He may have been the same guy who said Alex Carrington was going to be better than Phil Hansen. :doh:

Funny you say that. I have heard people on this board say..."he has been running mental routes" while on the IR the past 2 years. That he was up to speed with the offense since he has been able to "sit back and study it".

Goes to show the lack of football knowledge and the fact that so many fans cannot be honest about players on the Bills. Its "ok" to admit concern, criticize, or question a player on the Bills. They have not made the playoffs in 12 years for crying out loud. Demand a little more.

yeah exactly

I am tryingto figureout why all the HATE for Easley.....

He has had some good moments in camp......and had some receptions in ONE preseason game........

Am I missing somthing?

I agree. Not much he could have done about a cardiac issue. And no sense cutting ties with the guy until it's clear one way or the other what we have in him.

By the way, I'm glad you guys got D.Howard...I was really getting sick of his nonsense, so might as well stick him with the rest of the losers on your team LOL.

I am tryingto figureout why all the HATE for Easley.....

He has had some good moments in camp......and had some receptions in ONE preseason game........

Am I missing somthing?

I don't think there is "HATE" for Easley. I believe what is in question is "why Easley is defended by the fan base and what has he done?". He really has not shown or proven anything in 2 year other than he can find the IR (neither being his fault but that is football). Reports come out of him having a sub par camp and yet they are discredited (just as you have done). There seems to be a competition going on for that #2 WR postion and Easley's name is really not being mentioned for it. He is instead being mentioned running with the 3rd and 4th team...YET he gets the lion's share of the hype.

Edited by Booger