Remember how everyone wanted Zach Miller

DaveinElma

So, you are saying Buddy can predict who will get concussions? He should get out of GMing in the NFL and cash in on a lottery.

He did have 2 in Oakland. Concussions aside Miller only caught 25 balls for 230 yds and 0 tds in 15 games last year-at almost 7 million per year.

How can you not remember that? There must have been a few dozen threads on the subject last year. And a few dozen more when we didn't make a play for him

Come to think of it, I was one of the people that wanted him.

He was 5.

I was high on Zach Miller and would have gladly settled for Kevin Boss as well.

I also wanted the Bills to pursue Tyson Clabo which they did.

Bottom line we already had Scott Chandler and Erik Pears on the roster and lo and behold, Pears and Chandler had excellent seasons and Miller and Boss were injury-plagued and ineffective when healthy.

I'm glad the Bills held firm on the Clabo negotiations and didn't pursue Miller or Boss.

This regime has made some mistakes but their batting average in terms of decision making is certainly several notches above the previous regimes.

Bottom line we already had Scott Chandler and Erik Pears on the roster and lo and behold, Pears and Chandler had excellent seasons and Miller and Boss were injury-plagued and ineffective when healthy.

I'm glad the Bills held firm on the Clabo negotiations and didn't pursue Miller or Boss.

This regime has made some mistakes but their batting average in terms of decision making is certainly several notches above the previous regimes.

Chandler appears to be the real deal.

I have to admit to being one in the 'GET R' DONE' camp for Zach Miller.

I'm now happy to see that we did not move in that direction.

On a separate matter, could you imagine thinking a couple of years ago, the Seahawks having both Miller AND Winslow at TE?!?!?

Based on how good these guys should be, you would have been goin' nuts over the potential! Amazing how college hoopla and family lineage don't add up to much if you can't play on Sunday.

It is so refreshing for all of us when we can admit we were wrong about a player being picked up by the Bills. Especially in cases like this where we lucked out. I mean when in the last 10 years have we been able to say something like this about another player? We pick up the guy and he Langston Walkers us. The other team gets him and he ends up Jabari Greer.

On a separate matter, could you imagine thinking a couple of years ago, the Seahawks having both Miller AND Winslow at TE?!?!?

Based on how good these guys should be, you would have been goin' nuts over the potential! Amazing how college hoopla and family lineage don't add up to much if you can't play on Sunday.

That said, while several others have questioned this belief, I (in spite of not being a big Pete Carroll fan) believe that Carroll's doing a great job in Seattle and that the Seahawks are gonna be a powerhouse for years to come.

As fans, we don't have a lot of information one needs to know for sure whether it's a good idea or a bad idea to go after a player, we only have partly informed opinions. It's fun and interesting to express them, and say we should go after player A or player B, and it's okay to be wrong. It doesn't necessarily mean you know little about football. And it's very hard to tell when a player who is aging is good enough to hang on a few more solid years or about to fall fast like Miller and Todd Heap.

It is so refreshing for all of us when we can admit we were wrong about a player being picked up by the Bills. Especially in cases like this where we lucked out. I mean when in the last 10 years have we been able to say something like this about another player? We pick up the guy and he Langston Walkers us. The other team gets him and he ends up Jabari Greer.

Yes, it's nice when people are accountable for their opinions and yes, it's nice that the decision makers have enough proficiency that they are not immediately second guessed.

As fans, we don't have a lot of information one needs to know for sure whether it's a good idea or a bad idea to go after a player, we only have partly informed opinions. It's fun and interesting to express them, and say we should go after player A or player B, and it's okay to be wrong. It doesn't necessarily mean you know little about football. And it's very hard to tell when a player who is aging is good enough to hang on a few more solid years or about to fall fast like Miller and Todd Heap.

That said, the very fact that Clabo, Miller, and Boss all got big contracts validates the opinions of those fans who thought that they were worth big contracts.

In other words, it's not only fans who play use "Madden" team-building strategies.

Chandler appears to be the real deal.

I agree, but I also think we have no one on the roster behind him anywhere near as good, which concerns me. I'd have loved to see them go and try to pick up someone else this offseason. Have heard that M. Bennett looked good last night in the Giants game, for ex......

Didn't Chandler miss much of the season with injury? And this post was started because Buddy was wise to pass on Miller because of...a concussion this year?

Not sure I get the point here.

Didn't Chandler miss much of the season with injury? And this post was started because Buddy was wise to pass on Miller because of...a concussion this year?

Not sure I get the point here.

I thought the point was that Buddy was smarter than all those other teams that did sign Zach Miller because he knew Miller would get a concussion last week.

That said, while several others have questioned this belief, I (in spite of not being a big Pete Carroll fan) believe that Carroll's doing a great job in Seattle and that the Seahawks are gonna be a powerhouse for years to come.

Powerhouse, Im not so sure. They have to pick a QB and get some real receivers that will last more than a year before they become a powerhouse.

Powerhouse, Im not so sure. They have to pick a QB and get some real receivers that will last more than a year before they become a powerhouse.

I'm psyched about the Bills and am still expecting a big year from them but I think your comment is a bit ironic.

Quarterback-wise, I like what I see so far of Russell Wilson. Between he, Matt Flynn, and Tavaris Jackson, I think their QB situation is better than the Bills is by a fair amount.

Wide receiver-wise I think between Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Braylon Edwards, Terrell Owens, Golden Tate and Ben Obomanu that they have a considerably better arsenal of wideouts than do the Bills.

This Seahawks team is brimming with talent at just about every position.

Carroll has collected a bunch of very talented players, many with a chip on their shoulder, and I'm looking forward to watching their season and particularly their two games against Carroll's hated rival, Harbaugh and the Niners.

Those are gonna be two serious football games.

Indeed. some tea then percertainly Hatter?

Chandler. might be very good, we shall see. not proven yet.

then Smith as blocking TE and then the secret surprise D. Dickerson. and Fendi to the practice squad.

Nelson plays as TE in the slot over the middle at times. no worries. we have enough.

I'm psyched about the Bills and am still expecting a big year from them but I think your comment is a bit ironic.

Quarterback-wise, I like what I see so far of Russell Wilson. Between he, Matt Flynn, and Tavaris Jackson, I think their QB situation is better than the Bills is by a fair amount.

Wide receiver-wise I think between Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Braylon Edwards, Terrell Owens, Golden Tate and Ben Obomanu that they have a considerably better arsenal of wideouts than do the Bills.

This Seahawks team is brimming with talent at just about every position.

Carroll has collected a bunch of very talented players, many with a chip on their shoulder, and I'm looking forward to watching their season and particularly their two games against Carroll's hated rival, Harbaugh and the Niners.

Those are gonna be two serious football games.

As sarcasm, this is pretty good stuff.