No Huddle / The Amish Rifle

Myself personally, I have always been a big fan of the K-Gun. Especially considering how successful it was for Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills during the Superbowl era. Given Ryan Fitzpatricks high intelligence/ ability to read and react swiftly, running a form of the no huddle would allow the Bills QB to use his best attribute while attacking opposing Defenses, Fitzpatricks Brain.

I realize the 1st preseason game got of to a rocky start on Offense, but everyone needs to keep in mind Gailey and Co. are trying out something old/ new and I for one really like the idea.

I Billieve...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Fitz is probably the best person to run this since before Bledsoe. But I think we need to give up on bringing back the no huddle. At least like the way the Kelly years had it. It was proved how to defend against it back then and then again the other night. Back in SB 25 all the Giants had to do was keep the Bills off the field. Boom, no worries about the no huddle.

I think Gailey was also running the no huddle as a way to get more practice at it. As a few guys have pointed out, due to the new CBA, practice with pads has been cut down. Therefore i wonder if some coaches maybe will be using preseason games as another way to work on certain areas, ie 2 minute drill.

Recap. Not as bad as stat line suggests. Rewatching the game fitz looked good except for batted pass, deep left to hagan and deep right to chandler. He and spiller are out of synch on pass timing. Throws all looked to have zip. Some miscommunication on reads.

1. Sack. pocket collapsed in middle, miss wood. Reinhardt got owned one on one

2.  Nice timing route to Stevie complete

3. Short left to fjax... Alittle behind, defender was right there, catchable for first down but incomplete so punt...

Next series after a turnover and td by Wilson.  TD called back

4. Deep right pass bad throw or route off.  Looks like wr curled out fitz expected in

5. Nice seam first down pass to jones called back for penalty 

6. 20 yd touchdown to Stevie called back for illegal formation

7. Another slant to spiller again dropped, catchable, either made break early or pass behind a little.  Kicked fg

8. Short pass right to spiller short gain

9. 30 yard strike over middle.  Perfect pass into coverage and great catch

10.  10 yard slant to Stevie for first down

11.  Quick out blocked by LDE collapsing pocket

12. Deep shot left haggan overthrown

13.  Deep shot right sideline, thrown high around defender, Johnson had both hands on the ball and dropped... punt

14. Threw to deep right space. Chandler not there either bad throw or read miscommunication 

15.  Threaded nice pass to chandler after another penalty For 6 yds

16. Threw deep cross on target for Johnson who appeared to fall with help from nearby db well before pass arrived

Recap. Not as bad as stat line suggests. Rewatching the game fitz looked good except for batted pass, deep left to hagan and deep right to chandler. He and spiller are out of synch on pass timing. Throws all looked to have zip. Some miscommunication on reads.

1. Sack. pocket collapsed in middle, miss wood. Reinhardt got owned one on one

2. Nice timing route to Stevie complete

3. Short left to fjax... Alittle behind, defender was right there, catchable for first down but incomplete so punt...

Next series after a turnover and td by Wilson. TD called back

4. Deep right pass bad throw or route off. Looks like wr curled out fitz expected in

5. Nice seam first down pass to jones called back for penalty

6. 20 yd touchdown to Stevie called back for illegal formation

7. Another slant to spiller again dropped, catchable, either made break early or pass behind a little. Kicked fg

8. Short pass right to spiller short gain

9. 30 yard strike over middle. Perfect pass into coverage and great catch

10. 10 yard slant to Stevie for first down

11. Quick out blocked by LDE collapsing pocket

12. Deep shot left haggan overthrown

13. Deep shot right sideline, thrown high around defender, Johnson had both hands on the ball and dropped... punt

14. Threw to deep right space. Chandler not there either bad throw or read miscommunication

15. Threaded nice pass to chandler after another penalty For 6 yds

16. Threw deep cross on target for Johnson who appeared to fall with help from nearby db well before pass arrived

good recap

I believe Fitz is probably the best person to run this since before Bledsoe. But I think we need to give up on bringing back the no huddle. At least like the way the Kelly years had it. It was proved how to defend against it back then and then again the other night. Back in SB 25 all the Giants had to do was keep the Bills off the field. Boom, no worries about the no huddle.

They lost by a couple of feet! The run defense was the real problem (I thought that was common knowledge). They aren't trying to run the no-huddle like they did before, they are trying to add it to the arsenal. It's good to have for some situations. They didn't even run the ball. It's the first pre-season game. blahblahblah. No conclusions should be reached from that game.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

What happened in the Giant Super bowl was an incredible number of 3rd an longs completed because of a running avoiding the sack hostetler. and a blown offical call on an out of bounds play for thomas going out of bound taking away time and contributing to a wide right.

They lost by a couple of feet! The run defense was the real problem (I thought that was common knowledge). They aren't trying to run the no-huddle like they did before, they are trying to add it to the arsenal. It's good to have for some situations. They didn't even run the ball. It's the first pre-season game. blahblahblah. No conclusions should be reached from that game.

While I agree with the premise its game one of preseason and from an individual play or scheme perspective theres not to much to be gained. Running the no huddle takes practice and suggests Gailey may plan on using the no huddle more then in a normal two minute drill.

My 1st impressions anyway...

Edited by Fig Newton

While I agree with the premise its game one of preseason and from an individual play or scheme perspective theres not to much to be gained. Running the no huddle takes practice and suggests Gailey may plan on using the no huddle more then in a normal two minute drill.

My 1st impressions anyway...

What about my post implies anything else? I think they intend to use it more that just for the 2-minute drill, but way less than the Kelly-era No huddle that you compared it to. They just want to be able to do it well, when it's to their strategic advantage.

They lost because Jim Kelly and the offense didn't touch the ball in over a while quarter of play. The Giants kept the Bills off the field. Anderson didn't have an extremely great game either. Thurman by far outplayed Otis and it's a shame we didn't win. We were also scared to attempt to get any closer to make an easier FG for Scotty.

As far commenting on how we practiced it and it shouldn't be considered much more than that. I was simply going by the title of thread and saying we, as fans can't keep living in the past. That's all. For those that want us to relive the no huddle of the Kelly years should just get some old VHS tapes out of the closet and have at it.

They lost because Jim Kelly and the offense didn't touch the ball in over a while quarter of play. The Giants kept the Bills off the field. Anderson didn't have an extremely great game either. Thurman by far outplayed Otis and it's a shame we didn't win. We were also scared to attempt to get any closer to make an easier FG for Scotty.

As far commenting on how we practiced it and it shouldn't be considered much more than that. I was simply going by the title of thread and saying we, as fans can't keep living in the past. That's all. For those that want us to relive the no huddle of the Kelly years should just get some old VHS tapes out of the closet and have at it.

I have no idea how to interpret your posts. Good day.

Myself personally, I have always been a big fan of the K-Gun. Especially considering how successful it was for Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills during the Superbowl era. Given Ryan Fitzpatricks high intelligence/ ability to read and react swiftly, running a form of the no huddle would allow the Bills QB to use his best attribute while attacking opposing Defenses, Fitzpatricks Brain.

I realize the 1st preseason game got of to a rocky start on Offense, but everyone needs to keep in mind Gailey and Co. are trying out something old/ new and I for one really like the idea.

I Billieve...

Must've fell and bumped your head, figs because you DID NOT Just compare Ryan Pickspatrick to four-time AFC Champion Jim Kelly. -Clearly you're concussed. When you feel better, try practicing this equation:

Ryan Fitzpatrick + No huddle = Pick 6 going the other way.

You don't need to be Einstein to figure that one out.

Edited by #34fan

Must've fell and bumped your head, figs because you DID NOT Just compare Ryan Pickspatrick to three-time AFC Champion Jim Kelly. -Clearly you're concussed. When you feel better, try practicing this equation:

3 Time AFC Champion Jim Kelly? I love this place and learn more everyday!

Must've fell and bumped your head, figs because you DID NOT Just compare Ryan Pickspatrick to three-time AFC Champion Jim Kelly. -Clearly you're concussed. When you feel better, try practicing this equation:

I wasn't actually comparing the two QB's but we can.

While Kelly might have Fitzpatrick beat hands down when it comes to arm strength, its just as lopsided the other way when it comes to intelligence or reading Defenses. No huddle makes it practically impossible to substitute properly and not very many teams have a QB that knows the offense so well he can call plays from the huddle the way Ryan Fitzpatrick can.

So I hope your not going to be to dissapointed then when the Bills start running a form of the no huddle 60% of the time.

Edited by Fig Newton

3 Time AFC Champion Jim Kelly? I love this place and learn more everyday!

Aw -Crap!!!! I was talking to my wife about Brady's Superbowl rings and I mis-typed. -In other news, I tripped and fell while chewing gum this morning. :wallbash: