What's up with Kelvin Sheppard?

"Sheppard did not reveal the nature of his ailment, but there are no indications of something serious lingering over the situation, and the new full-time middle 'backer out of LSU seems primed to return to the lineup in fairly short order. Until he does, street free agent signing Scott McKillop will take his middle linebacker reps with the first-team defense, and second-year pro Chris White may sneak a few reps in here and there, as well."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/8/2/3215390/buffalo-bills-training-camp-kelvin-sheppard-injury-update

Carpal tunnel syndrome...no

Lumber lung...no

Juggler's despair...no

Achy breaky pelvis...no

Hey, wait...hyper obesity!

If you weigh more than 300 lbs you qualify as disabled!

Maybe Shep is gaining enough weight so that he can play MLB from home!

Anybody know what type of "medical situation" he is dealing with? He seems to be fine physically, so what could it be?

It would appear that he's back in the middle ... when you eat college campus food there's always the chance that your stomach may create a medical situation that really needs no additional details provided.

We do need him in there getting reps! From the reports in camp it sounds like he is taking on the middle like a veteran!

I'm purely speculating, but it could be something like a staph infection. In the past, teams have been reticent to release information regarding bacterial infections so as not to create the air of "dirty facilities" etc. It can also be embarrassing for the player affected, as bacterial infections like staph can sometimes cause swelling of "sensitive" areas of the body.

Again, pure speculation on my part, but it could be something along those lines where they're just protecting Sheppard of the rest of the team from an embarrassing ailment.

It would appear that he's back in the middle ... when you eat college campus food there's always the chance that your stomach may create a medical situation that really needs no additional details provided.

We do need him in there getting reps! From the reports in camp it sounds like he is taking on the middle like a veteran!

No surprise here, he was very, very good in that role for LSU.

I'm actually pretty excited to see Barnett return to OLB, which was his natural position at Oregon State...with is coverage ability and instincts it seems like the LB corps will be much improved overall, and that's not counting on Morrison/Moats/Bradham stepping up at SLB.

Edited by thebandit27

This board is going downhill because of a certain few who spend most of their life here writing LAMP posts.

Yea, attack the new guy who IMO asked a reasonable question?

But it's cool to call out and actually call some other posters here "A-Holes" because they didn't join in on the butt munching session on what TSW means to you. Pathetic, boorish, and juvenile, but you already know that. Grow up! It's a friggin FAN forum.

This board is going downhill because of a certain few who spend most of their life here writing LAMP posts.

Yea, attack the new guy who IMO asked a reasonable question?

But it's cool to call out and actually call some other posters here "A-Holes" because they didn't join in on the butt munching session on what TSW means to you. Pathetic, boorish, and juvenile, but you already know that. Grow up! It's a friggin FAN forum.

Juvenile I'll give you… there have been numerous attempts at humor in this thread… but I think more "all in good fun" than malicious.

Don't really agree with your take.

Well maybe I am missing the humor on this thread, If it's fun on both sides then no harm no foul.

Speaking for myself, I think boredom and silliness motivate some posts which later on come off as snarky.

Like our football team, I think we're pretty much ready for some live action.

Speaking for myself, I think boredom and silliness motivate some posts which later on come off as snarky.

Like our football team, I think we're pretty much ready for some live action.

Ha ha, so true. Lots of camp fights lately around here.