Official "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Update Thread

Well, well, well, what a difference three months can make. Yes, it's almost been that long since we opened up the 7/12 Annual Dinner's On Me, Smartass Competition and few things are as enjoyable as thinking about your picks as you also realize that the first preseason game is soon upon us.

Since the contest thread is closed, I am creating an official thread to track/report/comment as the season starts.

While we still have a month before the season officially begins, preseason gives us a chance to see where the team is today relative to where you thought it was back in early May.

Official Link To Official Contest Here.

Would you change anything even now?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Based on current comments to the first three preseason games and the news about T. Jackson coming in, I've been surprised to see how many people suddenly think we suck ass. So I'm thinking I may open up the contest to allow participants to modify their picks.

Thing is, I'm not sure many of you would change your picks. What say you, contestants? Anyone changing their mind on their picks based on what they've see so far? Should we break with history and open it up to changes?

Based on current comments to the first three preseason games and the news about T. Jackson coming in, I've been surprised to see how many people suddenly think we suck ass. So I'm thinking I may open up the contest to allow participants to modify their picks.

Thing is, I'm not sure many of you would change your picks. What say you, contestants? Anyone changing their mind on their picks based on what they've see so far? Should we break with history and open it up to changes?

I hope you do re open so I can make some picks. :)

I'm normally of the "It's only pre-season" camp, but I have to admit, our Offense has me worried about my bold predictions...

That said, I would say leave it as is, making changes now would take away from the contest, IMHO.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Nah.

Keep 'er closed. The only changes I know I'd want to make are saying the Bills will beat the Jest a second time and be able to steal all of the Seadogs plays and somehow I don't see them going 12-4. Funny, I actually thought I had 'em going 9-7 rather than 10-6.

Just Jack is correct, which is ironic because he usually the first one dumped from the contest. But it was started years ago in response to the large number of people who, upon seeing the schedule released, immediately began predicting (with unwavering confidence) which games the Bills would win and lose that year, and then explain why.

Changing the rules at this point would diminish the long-standing integrity of what has been described by Dan Dierdorf as "....thimply put, one of the best contests for therious thports fans begging to be thuckered in."

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning and welcome to the time of year when all is briefly right with the world.

Heading into the first week of our contest, a note to contest participants: the first cut is usually the deepest, and today is no different.

The contest features 109 participants, of which 64 picked the Bills to win and 45 picked the Bills to lose. Good luck. To those traveling to the city...please be safe.