On DirecTV it Says Bills Redskins Game Will Be Live

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being blacked out DTV in rochester is not going to happen even if

Has anyone outside of DC tried to tune to 642 to see if they get Comcast Sports or whatever its called? other than what was posted on that forum

Does the NFL live for your PC or smart phone also blacked out?

I just checked my online DirecTV guide (in Chicagoland area) and it shows the game starting at 6 pm CST.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I'm in DC and unless someone is asleep at the switch.... the only way you'll see Comcast Sports Ch.642 live Thurs night is to live in this area. As a side note...usually the NBC affiliate here shows the Redskins preseason games but they have Olympic coverage that night.

If you want to watch the game live and live in Buffalo, GO TO THE GAME! Thats the only way you're going to get to see it live. It will be blacked out on the Comcast Channel, it will be blacked out on the Online Subscription thing for $20 and it will be blacked out over the air. The only way you can watch it live is if you're there, or you find an illegal stream.

I just checked my online DirecTV guide (in Chicagoland area) and it shows the game starting at 6 pm CST.

Enjoy the game.

NFL Live will still be blacked out for the game; the broadcast will start immediately on conclusion of the game.

Actually, a little clarification is needed for this statement. Since we know the game is not sold out, and if you live outside the Buffalo market, the live broadcast WILL NOT be blacked out on NFL Preseason Live.

Enjoy the game.

Thanx. I am leaving early from work just for that game. There are two opinions here -one that only those in the DC area can watch it and those who think not. I was of the opinion that if it is on my TV Guide, I can see it. I am activating my DirecTV tonight so will tune in and see if I am even catching 642. If I am, then it is highly likely that the game will be broadcast as shown on the guide.

Thanx. I am leaving early from work just for that game. There are two opinions here -one that only those in the DC area can watch it and those who think not. I was of the opinion that if it is on my TV Guide, I can see it. I am activating my DirecTV tonight so will tune in and see if I am even catching 642. If I am, then it is highly likely that the game will be broadcast as shown on the guide.

Don't bank on it. I've had Directv for 11 years including the Sportspack. Can't tell you how many times i've seen an event on my guide, and get pumped up to watch it, only to find out it's blacked out because I'm out of market for that regional sports channel. Lot's of preseason football games are on the guide but are blacked out unless you are in that market (unless it's NFLN, ESPN, or a major network). A CSN Redskins game shown in the DC market will not be shown live in Chicago or Buffalo.

It is completely unlikely (as in 0%) the game will be shown live in Chicago on 642. Don't know how much clearer that could be. Just because it's listed in the guide does not mean it will be shown - this has been the situation for many years. But, like I said, enjoy the game. Maybe you can find one of those illegal links here on TBD.

I just checked on the Directv Search, NFL Network is replaying this game like 4 times next week. Must be all the RG 3 hype.

That's good because there is a chance the game won't even be on NFL Network, Friday, 4PM. How can they air the game before they air the game in Buffalo?

The Washington Redskins’ preseason opener Thursday against the Buffalo Bills will air in the Washington area on NBC Nonstop and on Comcast SportsNet, according to a news release from the team.

Normally, the game would air on NBC-4 and Comcast SportsNet, but the Olympics forced the change.

Viewers can find NBC Nonstop on 208 (Comcast), 803 (Cox), 28 (RCN), 260 (Verizon FIOS), 4.2 (Over-the air receivers).

HMMMMMMMMMM............................

that was in the Washington Post today

Baring some technical glitch you will not see the game on through direct TV You will get a black/blue screen when the game is supposed to air.

You can get some game feeds on NFLN if you have it. From around 7:30pm NFFLN is suppoosed to bounce around the games happeneing then.

Baring some technical glitch you will not see the game on through direct TV You will get a black/blue screen when the game is supposed to air.

You can get some game feeds on NFLN if you have it. From around 7:30pm NFFLN is suppoosed to bounce around the games happeneing then.

People see it listed in their DirecTV guides and lose their freakin' minds. As long as they can see that guide listing, you can't convince them otherwise that it will be blacked out come gametime. Not maybe. Not 50/50. You will not get the game out of market. Period. All you can try to do is advise them to have a Plan B.

People see it listed in their DirecTV guides and lose their freakin' minds. As long as they can see that guide listing, you can't convince them otherwise that it will be blacked out come gametime. Not maybe. Not 50/50. You will not get the game out of market. Period. All you can try to do is advise them to have a Plan B.

I understand what you are saying but not showing a game that is listed on my local guide is DirecTV's fault. Not mine. I was away from DirecTV for a while and don't know what has changed. I was entirely unaware that what I see is NOT what I get.

I understand what you are saying but not showing a game that is listed on my local guide is DirecTV's fault. Not mine. I was away from DirecTV for a while and don't know what has changed. I was entirely unaware that what I see is NOT what I get.

Just wanted fans to have a Plan B, because we're all looking forward to seeing them and some folks make special plans to be home in time to view it, then it is a big letdown if you're anticipating viewing the game only to see the DirecTV logo. I'll be interested to see how many illegal feeds are available this year. I remember we used to get sat coordinates here on TBD then going to the local sports bar and asking them to dial into those specific coordinates :lol: