oh donte, won't you ever shut up

brenty

I miss Whitner. I never understood why so many people got on his case. He's a fierce competitor and a good leader. I bet the Niners are sure happy to have him.

I agree fully and am glad I am not the only one who thinks this way. However we have moved on for the better.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see anything wrong with what he said...actually this article makes the Saints player sound like an idiot with his tweets where he says he doesnt remember SF winning the SB (yet they have 5). So for him to say "we have 1, try and keep up" is pretty stupid. Shane then goes on to mock the state of CA...if anyone needs to shutup its him. He was on a team that was caught cheating, and cheating the year they won the SB, yet he is out there talking trash about their ONLY SB win which is forever tainted to a guy who is on one of the most storied franchises in NFL history where some of the greatest players at various positions have ever played (Lott, Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig, Jones, Rathman, Young, etc). If you listed the top 100 players of all time, you would have a hard time putting any Saints in that list with the exception of maybe Brees where the 49ers would have many.

I am not defending the 49ers here, just saying Shane said some stupid things and Donte really didnt (this time).

Good post..

Not sure dragging Cali into his tweet was a good idea. Never heard of this Shane guy but now he's got some haters... :devil:

Well, donte has zero, shanale(or whatever) has two, super bowl rings. Blah, blah, blah, niners of the 70's.

And, California's government did bankrupt its self, but that's beside the point. Fact is, donte should mind his own business, and shsnale(or whatever) sounds stupid. So why pick sides over two rich dumb azzez?

AND, NOBODY has seen proof of cheating. Well, other than the commish.

What's that saying about never getting into an argument with an idiot. Onlookers won't spot the difference or they'll drag you down to their level & beat you with experience.

The hit looks like an oblique hit from Whitner on PT FWIW- glancing blow.

It should also be pointed out that for all of donte's and the 49er's bitching about bounties and hurting opposing players it was donte's hit on Pierre Thomas on the Saint's fist drive that knocked PT out of the game and removed the Saint's running game from the equation the rest of the game. I am sure someone can find a clip of the hit, I don't feel like trying but as I recall Donte lowers his helmet into PT's and knocks the dude senseless on the field. This is not to call into question donte's actions, football is an inherently violent sport and the lowered helmet of donte was matched by the lowered helmet of PT, but it is pertinent to tell that scrawny little b-tard to shut his mouth when he complains about the saints.

And I found it:

youtube.com/watch?v=VC5MPV0rIHg&feature=fvwrel

Easily could have been a defenseless receiver call as PT had just turned his head around after getting the ball. Again, not that I agree with legislating out the violence but it seems a questionable case.

That was a fantastic hit, they both had a head of steam and Donte lowered a great boom. Nothing wrong what so ever with that hit. I only wish he did it while still wearing our colors.

That was a fantastic hit, they both had a head of steam and Donte lowered a great boom. Nothing wrong what so ever with that hit. I only wish he did it while still wearing our colors.

Lead with the crown of his helmet, and didnt wrap. Very poor form. I dont know that it should be illegal, but it is not good tackling.

How can anyone question the legality of that hit. The pass was completed, pt was not even close to defenseless he'd lowered his head to try to get in the end zone, then ducks further as he sees the hit coming and whitner blew him up, led with his shoulder and other than not wrapping made sure he didn't get in the end zone.

Football is a violent game and hitting your opponent is how you play.

There are only two ways to almost completely wipe out concussions; either change the player protection drastically or switch to flag football.

How can anyone question the legality of that hit. The pass was completed, pt was not even close to defenseless he'd lowered his head to try to get in the end zone, then ducks further as he sees the hit coming and whitner blew him up, led with his shoulder and other than not wrapping made sure he didn't get in the end zone.

Football is a violent game and hitting your opponent is how you play.

There are only two ways to almost completely wipe out concussions; either change the player protection drastically or switch to flag football.

The way you can question that hit is if you're a fan of the team Donte left and are jealous that he is an All Pro but no longer on your team. Does that explain it?

If Stevie would have said it everyone would be praising him for doing it :rolleyes:

Donte says anything, even "Hi" and people will be right there to tell him to STFU........

donte has an act for always saying things that has nothing to do with him on twitter. Or he just complains and acts like a 2yo. If stevie said something stupid on his twitter, i am sure everyone would get on his case. They did when he blamed God. Then stevie learned. maybe i shouldnt say stupid things on twitter.

The cool guy named donte whitner never learned that.

but please wait for stevie to say something stupid on twitter and watch all of TBD call him an idiot.

Direct from Shanle's wikipedia article : Shanle once made a comment saying that 1 Super Bowl win is more than 5 Super Bowl wins. The mistake is understandable knowing that Shanle attended schools in Nebraska.

:lol:

Donte said nothing wrong and Shanle is doing the little man defense of "I know we are being penalized for bounties, but you don't have to remind me of it."

and that whitner helmet to helmet hit was legal as Pierre Thomas dropped his shoulder and head as Whitner did. Pierre had multiple steps, thus was not defenseless.

:lol: @crayonz

donte has an act for always saying things that has nothing to do with him on twitter. Or he just complains and acts like a 2yo. If stevie said something stupid on his twitter, i am sure everyone would get on his case. They did when he blamed God. Then stevie learned. maybe i shouldnt say stupid things on twitter.

The cool guy named donte whitner never learned that.

but please wait for stevie to say something stupid on twitter and watch all of TBD call him an idiot.

Just like he learned not to put his celebrations before the team?

There would be more here running to Stevies defence for tweeting something much dumber then what Whitner has tweeted before......

Just like he learned not to put his celebrations before the team?

There would be more here running to Stevies defence for tweeting something much dumber then what Whitner has tweeted before......

Yeah, because we are Bills fans, not 49er fans. Seems about right.

I miss Whitner. I never understood why so many people got on his case. He's a fierce competitor and a good leader. I bet the Niners are sure happy to have him.

I'll tell you exactly why.. He couldn't do his two primary jobs on the football field worth a ****.. #1: Cover a TE.. #2: Tackle a RB in the open field

I'll tell you exactly why.. He couldn't do his two primary jobs on the football field worth a ****.. #1: Cover a TE.. #2: Tackle a RB in the open field

People were on his case well before he even stepped on the playing field

They hate teh guy because he was Nata, or one of the other guys they thought the Bills should have drafted that year, and because the draft experts said he was a reach......

If stevie said something stupid on his twitter, i am sure everyone would get on his case. They did when he blamed God.

I applauded him when he blamed god. If athletes are going to give god credit when things go well it's about time someone blamed him when things go to sh*t!