Dareus is all giggles about the D

Great article from TSN about how excited Marcel is about the D.. Freddy said Mario looks to be quick on the snaps and in the backfield in no time...Kelsay is quoted saying best D since his rookie year when we had pat Williams,Fletcher,spikes , Clements ...I can' t help but have big expectations for this young D we have a great core and should be a Defensive powerhouse for at least the next 3 years..

story...link

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=401818

You know who this helps?

The offense

Specifically the offensive line......who's defensive line is gonna be this good when the games actually start? The offense will be so used to practicing against a dominate D that it will take some getting used to going against someone else.

To put it in perspective....think about the batter using the batters ring on his bat for practice swings before stepping up to the plate......"man...this bat feels lighter"

You know who this helps?

The offense

Specifically the offensive line......who's defensive line is gonna be this good when the games actually start? The offense will be so used to practicing against a dominate D that it will take some getting used to going against someone else.

To put it in perspective....think about the batter using the batters ring on his bat for practice swings before stepping up to the plate......"man...this bat feels lighter"

Actually, when you think about it -- our second string D-line is actually pretty darn good, which I'm hoping will help to make our backup O-linemen even better. Because, you know, we're going to need a few of them sooner or later.

Actually, when you think about it -- our second string D-line is actually pretty darn good, which I'm hoping will help to make our backup O-linemen even better. Because, you know, we're going to need a few of them sooner or later.

I saw somebody quoted over the last few weeks saying that our 2nd team D-line is better than our 1st team D-line has been in something like 8-10 years.

Great article from TSN about how excited Marcel is about the D.. Freddy said Mario looks to be quick on the snaps and in the backfield in no time...Kelsay is quoted saying best D since his rookie year when we had pat Williams,Fletcher,spikes , Clements ...I can' t help but have big expectations for this young D we have a great core and should be a Defensive powerhouse for at least the next 3 years..

story...link

:worthy: I keep having this dream ... the Buffalo Bills opening day versus Sanchez ... it's a passing down and in trot Shawne Merriman, Mark Anderson, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Mario Williams all healthy with fire in their eyes and then we call for a safety blitz on top of it ... and this dream repeats itself over and over again against Brady and the others.

I cannot envision any offensive line or quarterback being able to successfully deal with our D front in passing downs and then you toss in the fact that we have Gilmore and Byrd who should be major ball hawks plus Wilson and Williams who will get their share and toss in as a nickle Rogers, Brooks, or even McKelvin ... this is one dream I want to keep dreaming!

I love it...

"Giggling uncontrollably, Marcell Dareus was still having a difficult time containing his excitement Sunday, a day after getting a first glimpse of the Buffalo Bills' revamped, high-priced defensive line's potential."

I can't stop giggling uncontrollably either!!!

Brady, SanBow, and a Dolphins QB yet-to-be-named just read that article and fainted.

I predict multiple NFL individual and team sacks records for this Buffalo defense...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

:worthy: I keep having this dream ... the Buffalo Bills opening day versus Sanchez ... it's a passing down and in trot Shawne Merriman, Mark Anderson, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Mario Williams all healthy with fire in their eyes and then we call for a safety blitz on top of it ... and this dream repeats itself over and over again against Brady and the others.

I cannot envision any offensive line or quarterback being able to successfully deal with our D front in passing downs and then you toss in the fact that we have Gilmore and Byrd who should be major ball hawks plus Wilson and Williams who will get their share and toss in as a nickle Rogers, Brooks, or even McKelvin ... this is one dream I want to keep dreaming!

OH NO!!!! Did You say "dream team"? have you been talking to Vince Young?

I can't wait for this season to start. When I look at this front-4, I always come back to the same question. Someone tell me which team has the 3 guys that can stop Mario, Kyle, and Marcel all in one on one matchups. When I look at how this front 4 is built right now, it reminds me an awful lot of what the Lions put together in Detroit, but even better. I hope Sanchez is crapping his pants in week 1 when he sees Mario bearing down on him.

This defense almost feels like the '88 defense to me. Where once we got Leonard Smith, it seemed like every position was filled with a Pro Bowl potential type player.

I was thinking about the 99' team myself. Still it does have that feel. Could be a special year to be a Bills fan.

This defense almost feels like the '88 defense to me. Where once we got Leonard Smith, it seemed like every position was filled with a Pro Bowl potential type player.

Man oh man, how great were our LBs then?

...Bennett, Talley, Conlan and then throw in Bentley for a couple of years and Bailey after that.

Man oh man, how great were our LBs then?

...Bennett, Talley, Conlan and then throw in Bentley for a couple of years and Bailey after that.

Yeah, it was Bentley in '88. My memory is that he led the team in tackles. The other three were all time greats. Nobody hit as hard as Conlan at that time.

This year's linebackers are nowhere as good as those four, but the front four is probably better than the front three back then. Smerlas and Still were towards the end of their careers.

story...link

Was that the year our D got run over by pghs 2nd string with the season on the line? I hope we are better than that.

And the 99 defense was better than the 88 defense. The 99 defense got flutie into the playoff for god sakes.

Edited by jester43

Was that the year our D got run over by pghs 2nd string with the season on the line? I hope we are better than that.

And the 99 defense was better than the 88 defense. The 99 defense got flutie into the playoff for god sakes.

No, that was 2004.

"It's a great group of guys. Sometimes you've got to slap Marcell, (Dareus) you know his attention is kind of bad," said Mario Williams laughing. "But we definitely are getting after it. It's just all about having fun and these guys out here are a lot of fun." - Mario Wiliams.

I wonder how much truth there is to this if not just a joke. I can see Marcell relying on his athletic ability to get things done and becoming complacent.

"It's a great group of guys. Sometimes you've got to slap Marcell, (Dareus) you know his attention is kind of bad," said Mario Williams laughing. "But we definitely are getting after it. It's just all about having fun and these guys out here are a lot of fun." - Mario Wiliams.

I wonder how much truth there is to this if not just a joke. I can see Marcell relying on his athletic ability to get things done and becoming complacent.

Is there one fiber in your body that DOESN'T think Williams was joking?

GO BILLS!!!