Can Dickerson block?

Smith is our best blocker, a pure in line blocking TE that was rated highest in the 2010 draft. Chandler is no slouch there, not great, maybe not good but able to get the job done on par with most TE's in the league. Onubun is not horrible.

Dickerson was brought in to be an Hback and not specifically for blocking abilities. I cannot imagine with his stature that he'd be better at much more then chop blocks.

not sure mcintyre makes the team...

would rather just use smith, and then keep white and choice both

Boo!

But reality says Cmac may not be here. and i will be saddened. i love the big fella

Did you notice from reports that Fitz threw to him for a big gainer recently?

1343591128[/url]' post='2516013']

not sure mcintyre makes the team...

would rather just use smith, and then keep white and choice both

I'd be bummed if McIntyre was cut. He's a good locker room presence, a ferocious blocker and great on STs. He better make the team. No way I'd rather keep white and choice over cmac.

I'd be bummed if McIntyre was cut. He's a good locker room presence, a ferocious blocker and great on STs. He better make the team. No way I'd rather keep white and choice over cmac.

Fully agree. From mikes posts, twitter, and bb.com he seems to be getting more passes AND carries than I remember in previous camps...that aside (since its not a huge deal), I think we need him more than choice, white, and even lee smith. I can't see him getting cut.

Boo!

But reality says Cmac may not be here. and i will be saddened. i love the big fella

Did you notice from reports that Fitz threw to him for a big gainer recently?

65 yard wheel route that would have been a TD. And naturally fitz joked about it in his interview after practice.

How does Fjax get it done? I've seen him just lay down the lumber

Leverage and exploding at the right point. I remember in football how the best tacklers you'd see got low just right and used their body to explode in to the back. If you think about it then it makes sense but most people don't understand how a 200lbs. blocker can level a 300lbs. NT. Get low enough, and it is almost like an exploding squat. I do not think there is one guy in the NFL who, regardless of weighing 180 or not that cannot squat 350 or more.

McIntyre is an outstanding special teams players, hard to conceive of him not making the team. I think, both he and DIckerson will be on the roster after cuts.

At who's expense? It is pretty clear we will only have two QB's and Brad Smith. Do we keep extra lineman this year until we have some bonafide starters? We always need depth there, the past few years has shown it. We have a lot of talent, some good starters and a lot of promising potential. The problem is that many of those potential players are not reliable backups yet.

When you talk about a player's blocking, you could be (minimally) referring to:

1) Pass blocking

2) Downfield blocking

3) Move or wham blocking

4) Point of attack/line of scrimmage blocking

I'm thinking a guy like Dickerson has zero problem using his above average size/agility to be a real pain in the ass to DBs trying to catch a runner in the secondary.

He's gonna be a "move TE" or H-back so if there's concern about his blocking it would be numbers 3 and 4.

As a movement player I think a bigger hurdle for Dickerson in making the team would be his ability to grasp the offense and his assignments within that offense.

The Bills want him to be a weapon so he has to show he is capable of being a weapon… not so much a blocker.