Fantasy Football

Depends on your scoring system but runing backs are almost always more valuable than any other position in fantasy - by valuable I mean what's the drop off in talent between what you would get now vs. what you would get the next time you picked.

Given that so few teams seem to employ a workhorse back who gets all of the carries, between the 20s AND in the red zone, RB is pretty much going to be your best bet. Rodgers is a great fantasy QB, but the drop off between him and the #10 qb isn't going to be nearly as huge as between Foster/Rice and the #10 RB.

Personally I'd pick Foster but it depends on your own appetite for risk.

I think Ray Rice is the safer pick based on track record, but Foster has the higher upside IMO. I could see him running away with the rushing title if he stays healthy, but that's a big if.

Looking at their playoff schedules week 14-16 for Rice is @was, vsDen, and vs.NYG

For Foster it's @NE, vs.IND, vs.Min

Given that the Texan's play in a dome and have on game against Indy, I would give a slight schedule edge to Foster.

At #1, I think Foster is a no-brainer.

I am 2nd pick in my 12-team league. The idea that Ray Rice is now a #2 overall pick is somewhat alarming to me. I may end up going with him, but I also may consider Rodgers there.

I'd say Ray Rice is the no-brainer at 1, so you're lucky to get him at 2, JMO.

Depends on your scoring but there's likely more QBs that will get you in the area of Rodgers, than there are RBs that'll get you in the neighborhood of Rice or Foster.

Josh Reed.

In all seriousness, I'd go with Foster. Injured often, but he'll win you games single handedly. I'm hoping to pick late in the 1st round so I can justify taking Freddie!

I was in a money league last year in which I drafted 15th in the first round. My friends/opponents (all know I'm a huge Bills fan) kept saying, "Dude, you won't draft Fred Jackson right now." So I did.

I won that league.

Scoring system is as follows

1 point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards

1 point for every 25 yards passing

6 points for a TD

-2 points for a fumble or INT

I'm looking at consistancy here.

Rodgers has been a beast the past 3 years and shows no sign of slowing down. They dont have a premier RB to take away passes from him. He has a load of talented receivers/TE's

Foster worries me because of his health and the superb play of Tate last year in his absense.

My draft is a snake draft so after my first pick, I wont pick again until 18 picks or so later at the end of round two

Scoring system is as follows

1 point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards

1 point for every 25 yards passing

6 points for a TD

-2 points for a fumble or INT

I'm looking at consistancy here.

Rodgers has been a beast the past 3 years and shows no sign of slowing down. They dont have a premier RB to take away passes from him. He has a load of talented receivers/TE's

Foster worries me because of his health and the superb play of Tate last year in his absense.

My draft is a snake draft so after my first pick, I wont pick again until 18 picks or so later at the end of round two

Which is precisely why you need Foster or Rice. By your second pick, quality RBs are going to be a scarce commodity, whereas only 2 or 3 QBs will be off the board.

Think of it this way. Which one of these is the bigger dropoff?

Aaron Rodgers to Tom Brady

Arian Foster to Ahmad Bradshaw

Depends on your scoring system but runing backs are almost always more valuable than any other position in fantasy - by valuable I mean what's the drop off in talent between what you would get now vs. what you would get the next time you picked.

Given that so few teams seem to employ a workhorse back who gets all of the carries, between the 20s AND in the red zone, RB is pretty much going to be your best bet. Rodgers is a great fantasy QB, but the drop off between him and the #10 qb isn't going to be nearly as huge as between Foster/Rice and the #10 RB.

This. I personally prefer McCoy but whatever; I'm fine with Foster/Rice/McCoy there. QB is way too deep to take 1st. You can win your league with a Romo or Vick or Newton if you stockpile other positions. Schaub & Rivers are also going very late this yr.

More interesting is what to do if you're like 6th this year. I think Megatron would be the first non-RB I'd take.

I'd say Ray Rice is the no-brainer at 1, so you're lucky to get him at 2, JMO.

Depends on your scoring but there's likely more QBs that will get you in the area of Rodgers, than there are RBs that'll get you in the neighborhood of Rice or Foster.

Aren't you worried that Rice is a bit of a one-hit wonder? I think his TD production last year was an aberration; I can't see him scoring 17 TD's this year. He strikes me as solid, and, on average, a 8 TD kind of player.

All premier QBs will be gone by end of round 2. After RB everyone will look to take a great QB because they put up just as much if not more points than RBs

Yes Rodgers, Brees and Brady will be gone but that leaves the whole 2d tier available for one of his picks at the turn. Or he can risk waiting until the end of round 4 for someone lower on the rader but still capable of good #s.

Aren't you worried that Rice is a bit of a one-hit wonder? I think his TD production last year was an aberration; I can't see him scoring 17 TD's this year. He strikes me as solid, and, on average, a 8 TD kind of player.

It's always a crap shoot to predict who will have big years in TDs, but Rice gets a ton of carries and catches. IMO he's definitely one of the top 3 RBs.

It's always a crap shoot to predict who will have big years in TDs, but Rice gets a ton of carries and catches. IMO he's definitely one of the top 3 RBs.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "No brainer" earlier, it's more of a hunch I have. I think Rice is a better player overall, but obviously that doesn't always translate into better fantasy stats.

Then there's this: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8143634/arian-foster-houston-texans-says-going-vegan :blink:

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.