Program alert: John Murphy show

Buftex

Tonight is the first night of GR55's new nightly Bills show, hosted by John Murphy. He will be broadcasting live from training camp...from what I gather, this will be a year round program...like the Sabres show hosted by Kevin Sylvester. It goes from 7pm-9pm, eastern!

Edited by Buftex

they could do 3 hours on the lunch menu and bathroom breaks, whatever gets jim rome off the air. that guy is just way too full of himself.

That's what podcasts are for. It is so freeing not to have to listen to the garbage the radio stations feed us. The stuff I used to listen to just because it was on - I would never listen to today when I can listen to a podcast that I will like 100X more.

That's what podcasts are for. It is so freeing not to have to listen to the garbage the radio stations feed us. The stuff I used to listen to just because it was on - I would never listen to today when I can listen to a podcast that I will like 100X more.

that sounds pretty great. i'm a bit tecnologically challenged though. and i just listen to the radio while at work when it comes in.

Very excited for this as well as the new daily Sabres show. Buffalo sports radio has been a complete joke. Live in Columbus Ohio and I realize it's a much bigger city but the sports radio is awesome there. Syndicated espn BS until after cowherds show but after that all local programming till evening. Obviously one of the biggest college markets but just so much better and more "put together" than WGR is. The guys that do the afternoon show in cbus literally make me laugh out loud at least once every drive home and while OSU is obviously king they cover all sports and do a decent job.

Aside from all the obvious criticism over WGRs negative bias, it's remarkable how little the on air personalities know about other teams and leagues. I understand you cater to your audience but would it kill them to have some informed talk about the major stories that aren't Bills/Sabres related? Anyways, rant over and I really think this new format will be a nice thing for locals and buffalo transplants alike.

that sounds pretty great. i'm a bit tecnologically challenged though. and i just listen to the radio while at work when it comes in.

I used to think the same thing, but then it's super easy to listen to podcasts. If you have a computer at work, you can just do it online. I love having itunes on my computer and iphone, because it'll let you stop it, and then pick up at the same spot later.

And, I used to love the Rome show - went to the tour stop in 2001. But, then he got so into just playing sound bites over and over that I really can't listen to him anymore.

For example, you'll probably be able to listen to Murph's show online tomorrow - I bet they put it into the GR audio vault. You just click play and listen!

The Berman interview is incredible. His history with the team goes back ages. His knowledge of the team is amazing. Do yourself a favor and go to the GR Audio Vault to hear it.

PTR

Thanks. I will do that. I heard Chan, but haven't been able to listen since.

I called in and didn't realize Chris Berman was coming on. I was able to ask John & Chris if Shawne Merriman has a good year, do they think the Bills will offer him a contract extension at some point, and also asked about the Bills being able to resign key players who's contracts are coming up.

Chris said that Merriman could really be an X factor for the Bills this season if he can stay healthy. As far as impending free agents are concerned, Chris feels that Buddy Nix has done a great job so far with keeping key players, and feels that the impending FA's would want to stay with Buffalo as he feels the Bills are putting together something special.

The Berman interview is incredible. His history with the team goes back ages. His knowledge of the team is amazing. Do yourself a favor and go to the GR Audio Vault to hear it.

PTR

The Berman interview is absolutely awesome. Loved hearing him say the way we got Mario here and just refused to let him leave was old school and that it was like we closed the runway down for 24 hours lol. Said he talked to Ralph and told him it was like old times the way we handled that and Ralph laughed about it. It was in fact a great interview!

Those who missed it get a hold of it. Murphy was great on the radio as expected. It is a very much welcome addition to the local airwaves especially given the access he has to the team.