More problems for Mitt

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I step out for an hour grab a bite, come back and see an impromptu TBD Alamo party has broken out in here. Can't say Im disappointed I wasn't invited, after this image someone snapped of MEAZZA, contently hanging in the corner with all his "little friends".

Is this what you call a stomping? Try harder little man.

So I step out for an hour grab a bite, come back and see an impromptu TBD Alamo party has broken out in here. Can't say Im disappointed I wasn't invited, after this image someone snapped of MEAZZA, contently hanging in the corner with all his "little friends".

Dude, weak seriously :thumbdown:

But hey what the Hell, why not. I'll counter your pic of Meazza (wow, Muay Thai Master really let himself go) with a pic of JtSP

MEAZZA? Hell no, that's 3rdnlng all the way.

I did have a response, but you are too ideologically incapable to see a different perspective.

"the share of federal taxes paid by higher-income households exceeded their share of before-tax income, and the opposite was true for lower-income households.

In 2009, the shares of federal taxes paid by households in certain income quintiles were:

Lowest quintile: 0.3 percent

Middle quintile: 9.4 percent

Highest quintile: 67.9 percent

Declines in before-tax income among households in the top income percentile lowered their share of tax liabilities from 26.7 percent in 2007 to 22.3 percent in 2009. "

Between 2007 and 2009, after-tax earnings by Americans in the top one percent for income fell 37 percent. On a pre-tax basis they fell 36 percent in the same period.

when you take into account federal transfers, assistance and taxes paid, the incomes of the bottom 20 percent grew by 3 percent, while it fell a modest 2 percent for the middle 20 percent.

In other words, the incomes of the top one percent fell 18 times more than the incomes for the middle class at the start of the recession."

And to your second point, so what you're saying is that you dispute the OECD's claims that the US has the most progressive tax code in the world. I guess it didn't fit your narrow views. Got it! :lol:

It's really hysterical that you accuse everyone you come across of having "narrow" views--riddle me this, do you know how I vote? Question for you--have you ever voted for a Democrat?

I noted yesterday in that thread that the OECD study you cited as definitive on progressivity stopped measuring at the decile level (as even the article on it you cited noted!), while others have shown that the US system is indeed progressive--that is until you get to the very top (sub-1%). The LA Times article I cited and the Hacker/Pierson quote (found on page 48 of their book, BTW) both discuss that and show how our progressivity doesn't make it to when you hit the heights for reasons Hacker & Pierson go into at length in their book (short version--the rich have bought off both parties to lower their taxes and otherwise tilt the system in their favor--I just saved you 300 pages and $25). All this despite the fact that I was a good sport and played along when you brought up the non-sequitur of progressivity of our tax code in response to my comment on absolute rates for the rich being the lowest in ages.

I then asked a simple question--any evidence in that study or anything else you linked to that would prove your implied point that the system is indeed progressive all the way to the top and not merely when breaking our income strata up into 10% increments? (BTW, I don't need a lesson on cap gains vs. ordinary income--I know all about that. A quick comparative review of cap gains rates one can find on Wikipedia or otherwise will show that the US is among the lower rate countries there, too, in the developed world.) I got an answer saying you weren't going to answer after that. Now I get what you wrote above, which again isn't on point, which is why I was laughing at that post last night. Now we're all caught up.....

It's really hysterical that you accuse everyone you come across of having "narrow" views--riddle me this, do you know how I vote? Question for you--have you ever voted for a Democrat?

I noted yesterday in that thread that the OECD study you cited as definitive on progressivity stopped measuring at the decile level (as even the article on it you cited noted!), while others have shown that the US system is indeed progressive--that is until you get to the very top (sub-1%). The LA Times article I cited and the Hacker/Pierson quote (found on page 48 of their book, BTW) both discuss that and show how our progressivity doesn't make it to when you hit the heights for reasons Hacker & Pierson go into at length in their book (short version--the rich have bought off both parties to lower their taxes and otherwise tilt the system in their favor--I just saved you 300 pages and $25). All this despite the fact that I was a good sport and played along when you brought up the non-sequitur of progressivity of our tax code in response to my comment on absolute rates for the rich being the lowest in ages.

I then asked a simple question--any evidence in that study or anything else you linked to that would prove your implied point that the system is indeed progressive all the way to the top and not merely when breaking our income strata up into 10% increments? (BTW, I don't need a lesson on cap gains vs. ordinary income--I know all about that. A quick comparative review of cap gains rates one can find on Wikipedia or otherwise will show that the US is among the lower rate countries there, too, in the developed world.) I got an answer saying you weren't going to answer after that. Now I get what you wrote above, which again isn't on point, which is why I was laughing at that post last night. Now we're all caught up.....

Yes I have, voted Clinton in 96 and bill Nelson in 2006 ( who I will be voting against this year)

So what was your point again?

Children, children, children... Can't we all be friends?

!@#$ing Romper Room...

:-P

LoL... We should be ganging up on Barry The Fairy and Mitt The Twit. Stay focused people!

Hey no worries with Dingleberry, just some light hearted humor. Surprised anyone could take a muppet video so venomously.

Some more light stuff for the lightweight. Wanna know why I chose "Dingleberry" to fill in his first initial? Came upon this definitionthe other day:

din·gle·ber·ry/ˈdiNGəlˌberē/

Noun:

1.vulgar. A particle of fecal matter attached to the anal hair.

2.vulgar. A foolish or inept person.

Suits him to T wouldnt you say? LOL just :nana:

And I hear ya on the political side man, wish we had an alternative to the special interest lapdogs. Speaking of useless turds, geesh

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Hey no worries with Dingleberry, just some light hearted humor. Surprised anyone could take a muppet video so venomously.

Some more light stuff for the lightweight. Wanna know why I chose "Dingleberry" to fill in his first initial? Came upon this definitionthe other day:

din·gle·ber·ry/ˈdiNGəlˌberē/

Noun:

1.vulgar. A particle of fecal matter attached to the anal hair.

2.vulgar. A foolish or inept person.

Suits him to T wouldnt you say? LOL just :nana:

And I hear ya on the political side man, wish we had an alternative to the special interest lapdogs. Speaking of useless turds, geesh

It's like you're living in your own world imagining that you're pissing people off :lol:

I actually read this abortion. Every post.

1. BLIND...TRUST...YOU...UNMITIGATED MORONS!

Hey B word, we Chinese have the number 2 economy now, and we are commies. Fear us!

2. Now instead of just "asian" you sound specifically, Hangover Asian.

3. You know a thread has gone very far afield indeed...when ...lybob doesn't make a single one of the top 5, "most ignorant of the topic at hand", "most unable to cope with facts that contradict his/her assertion", "most likely to feel, instead of think, research, or know", "most likely to not have bothered checking out another source on the story, before linking/posting about it" etc., poster lists.

4. How many people know that "wait a second, that sounds a little over the top, even though I normally agree with him, I bet this guy is just hacking it up here, and that there are exaggerations or non-truths in this, so I better take it with a grain of salt" feeling? How many people think Joe has ever had that feeling?

5. Given Joe's lack of BS filter, Finance business acuity, and general dopiness....how many here think I should sell Joe shares in a penny stock empty shell public company...for dollars instead of pennies...and then sell it...for a few more pennies per share than it was worth, because his investment drove the price up? :lol: How many think I can't do it....if I tell him it's a green company, that will only employ Americans, will directly compete with outsourced companies, be very aggressive in the market, and seek to dominate or acquire these competitors, but, will also allow employees extra vacation time if they get sick on vacation, and will have free non-dairy drinks for employees? How many think that's ALL I will have to tell him, to get his money?

:lol: